It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin in 1988 - "The Truth About Republicans"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

WARNING - some crude language (it's George Carlin after all)

The level of corruption and dominance by corporate power brokers seeking only to enrich themselves has reached a peak today, but it began in earnest during the Reagan Admin. Reagan was either to naive or too oblivious to see the number of snakes he surrounded himself with. While corrupt profiteers have always plagued our government (as it has every government), it's never sunk to the level it has now, with our "protectors" of our rights (right up to the Supreme Court) openly siding against the citizens in favor of their corporate masters.

Enjoy the wisdom of Carlin, what applied in 1988 applies today, 10X.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Interesting what he said about the attorney general. You'd think he was talking about that brave, moral, upstanding man...Eric Holder. He's Republican, right?

/TOA

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Eric Holder's big failing is continuing Project Gunrunner which began in 2005, which incidentally ALSO lost track of guns sold to cartels, back in 2006 - which the Republicans couldn't ignore fast enough. The GOP isnt interested in getting to the bottom of that scandal, they only want to politicize it while removing themselves from any accountability, otherwise Issa's hearing would include the origins in 2005/6 of Project Gunrunner.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Carlin was a true giant amongst men!

He is sorely missed.

edit on 5-5-2012 by squarehead666 because: Clarity

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
eric holder looks like a deer in the headlights.

i think he has absolutely no clue on whats going on. his biggest challenge of the day is deciding to sugar his tea or not.

yet, he's is in charge of thousands of people who put their lives on the line everyday, some of them operating in foreign countries like the jungles of colombia and the desert outskirts of mexico.

you can't have a book nerd who spends all of his life in the lobby cafeteria in charge of serious, life and death matters.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
...Reagan was either to naive or too oblivious to see the number of snakes he surrounded himself with...

Two responses:
1. Reagan was one of them. He was a politician. He was in on it. No way he wasn't!
2. Just the Republicans? Like the democrats are somehow better? One will beat you to death with a nail studded two-by-four. The other promises to just use a baseball bat. Yeah, that's better.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm sure Carlin would have agreed with you. He was't blind, and I think a lot of people have caught on to their "good cop, bad cop" schtick. The bad cop, though, is unrestrained and that's why he targeted Republicans.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Like the democrats are somehow better?

Yes they are, at least some of them.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

The Democrats MOST CERTAINLY are better. The republicans are a TRUE and TOTAL NIGHTMARE.

George Carlin was CERTAINLY NO DUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

He knows the deal with Republicans just as he knew the deal with MANY other things going on in this world.
edit on 6-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

The Democrats MOST CERTAINLY are better. The republicans are a TRUE and TOTAL NIGHTMARE.

Better at what? Continuing their policies? I haven't seen our troops withdraw from the Middle East, yet. Have you? Last I checked the Democrat CIC has absolute power to do that. Yet he continues to murder the citizens of sovereign nations for their oil. Not to mention his party's lack of interest in already proven alternative fuels like hemp oil. They're oil slaves just like the Republicans are.

/TOA

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

This is a common load of bull plop many people fall for. If people were more aware of their history and the past actions of the party they would see they like the republicans are merely a side to the same crappy coin.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I dug Carlin - saw him as a revolutionary comic. Evoking though, in his smart a## kind of way.

Good entertainment though and thank you for the post!
edit on 6-5-2012 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Good stuff... Carlin spoke the truth about politics.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
George Carlin is ace #1 in my books...he never bull#s and he doesnt hold back...too bad most people got up tight about his language choices....but it never bothered me...in fact he uses the ciurses far more sparingly than the boys at the shop.
And also has something far more intelligent to say..............

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've always loved George Carlin... his wit and wisdom cuts deeply through all the B.S. of politics and religion, and he wasn't afraid to use it. What do you think he would say about the 'tea party' folks today? Thanks for the post, OP!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My favorite is his Fifteen Euphemisms in which he explains how language gets softer over time.

However, what most people are missing is this: the Conservatives of today are different than Conservatives back then.

Also, Democrats are no better. They're controlled by the wealthy elite just like the Republicans are.

Neither of them cares about the little guy, they only care about nabbing as much money as they can for their corporate masters.

Both parties are nothing more than corporate whores.

Start calling me when they actually discontinue Bush's policies and start fighting the corporations and removing their power over the government and start being more ethical.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorta sucks that we loose all the great people too early in this world.

And get stuck with the bottom of the barrel forever.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
My favorite is his Fifteen Euphemisms in which he explains how language gets softer over time.

However, what most people are missing is this: the Conservatives of today are different than Conservatives back then.

Also, Democrats are no better. They're controlled by the wealthy elite just like the Republicans are.

Neither of them cares about the little guy, they only care about nabbing as much money as they can for their corporate masters.

Both parties are nothing more than corporate whores.

Start calling me when they actually discontinue Bush's policies and start fighting the corporations and removing their power over the government and start being more ethical.

....tell my one piece of legislation written and signed into law by the republicans that benefited the majority of the "liitle guys" as you call them?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Amazing how things he said 20+ years ago are still true today. He was a wise man indeed. The world is a little less bright without him.
edit on 6-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: cause I can thats why

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Not interested since I already get the gist that you're a rabid "all conservatives are racist homophobic islamophobic bastards" kind of liberal, because any good they do will never be accepted by that kind of liberal.

They will do whatever kind of denial tactic they can to take the credit away from them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join