It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting arrested for Picking up Your Prescription

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Yes indeed. False imprisionment is a conspiracy. It has been colluded upon (obviously) so officers are protected (your tax dollars, not theirs and ususally impunity from their actions). If this weren't so, officers would be more careful. The fact they are not, that they continue to KNOW their actions will go unpunished is indeed a conspiracy. It is not just one cop who thinks it's ok to imprison people. It is all of them and they will do it to you when your time comes. Enjoy your stay, legal bills, loss of job etc. due to "human error".

CJ

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

False imprisionment is a conspiracy.

Really?

Definitions for either are not inclusive of the other.

How do you ascertain that false imprisonment is automatically a conspiracy?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

It is a conspiracy only in that there are no repecussions for the ones' doing the imprisoning - there are no safeguards put in place so that it won't happen. Cops don't lose their jobs - only the taxpayers lose - they lose money. In other words, there is a system in place, put there by people to protect workers, not the constitution. Human error is never an excuse for removal of rights. Although it will happen, it should only happen in the most limited manner. The fact that this cop could not be bothered to check out the story before removing someone's liberty is testament to this fact. It is easier to imprison someone than to make a phone call. The system is corrupt, and people, many of them, have conspired to make it so.

CJ

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by nightstalker78

reply to post by nightstalker78

It is "the cops" job to arrest someone based on someone's word? Ah, no. It isn't. And yes, it IS their fault - they did the arresting - perhaps the two minutes it would take to cross check the doctors name is too much to ask even though THAT IS THEIR JOB.

CJ
edit on 5-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

Right,even though initially it was the PHARMACY'S job to do just what you stated.Some people(you) go out of their way to blame the police for everything.My point was if CVS had done THEIR job you wouldn't be here yelling about the police doing their job.Not up to the to the cops to call and verify if the script is real or not.Says what the proper protocol is in the article.Somehow you fail to see that.Instead you just want to blame the police because you can.
edit on 6-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

So in your world the cops job is to arrest people - without verifying ANYTHING. The "proper" protocol as you read it is for the pharmacy. In your world there is no protocol other than imprisioning someone for the police? Again, it must make you happy to have to continue to pay false imprisionment lawsuits due to police NEGLIGENCE. Are you serious? What?

CJ

I'm sure they verified it later.You know,since she isn't still in jail.CVS is to blame here.Not the police for doing their job,no matter how you try to spin it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Nope. They did not. She did though by having her doctor sign a sworn statement. The police did nothing other than arrest her. Again, you seem to think that is the "job" of the cops - to arrest people. Spin that.

CJ
edit on 6-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Nope. They did not. She did though by having her doctor sign a sworn statement. The police did nothing other than arrest her. Again, you seem to think that is the "job" of the cops - to arrest people. Spin that.

CJ
edit on 6-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

So what?You're failing to put the blame where it belongs.On CVS.

She would never have been arrested if they did their job.

I had the samething happen to me years ago.I took a script to cvs for my father who had just had surgery.You know what happened?CVS did their JOB! Called my fathers dr to verify it.They threatened to call the police because it wasn't in my name.But I gave them the info they needed to verify it.And they did! Stop blaming the police for doing their job.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Almost eh? And "if" they had called the police you would have been fine and dandy with going to jail? Perhaps you would have asked the police to call the doctor because they were wrong? Again, you miss the point. How long does it take for you to dial a phone number?

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join