It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting arrested for Picking up Your Prescription

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Another story of someone doing nothing wrong - and with procedures in place that could have prevented it - a woman arrested for picking up her doctor written presciption - of course, just like there is no conspiracy when police arrested the man for using his $50 - sure ATS will move this to the "there is no conspiracy here" file...I disagree...the repeated stories of people getting arrested for NOTHING - NO CRIME -and being held against their will is growing. This is another example of - "We can do it without ANY consequences on our part"...in other words - WAIT FOR YOUR TURN - IT IS COMING...

The pharmacy called Lenhart to ask her exactly what time she would be in pick up her prescription. She thought it was odd, but told the pharmacy what time she would be there

The officer then took her the Dallas County jail, where she remained overnight. After she was released on bond, she was charged with obtaining a controlled substance by fraud, a felony.

Lenhart’s doctor confirmed in an affidavit that he wrote the prescription for her and that he never received a call from CVS asking to confirm the prescription. Benton thinks the pharmacy may have called the wrong physician.

I hope she gets her $, but of course it isn't the police department that will pay. IT IS YOU.

Don't Get Your Prescription - You Will Be Arrested

ColoradoJens
edit on 5-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/5/2012 by maria_stardust because: Modified thread title to reflect actual post content

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Lenhart’s doctor confirmed in an affidavit that he wrote the prescription for her and that he never received a call from CVS asking to confirm the prescription. Benton thinks the pharmacy may have called the wrong physician.

It's not a conspiracy if the reason is human error.

Paranoid much?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think the conspiracy is that most pharmacies employ stupid people. I'm serious. I have switched to a different pharmacy 3 times already because I was sick of dealing with those people. When something goes wrong it is never their fault...Like when your prescription runs out and they need to call the doctor, and they don't, but tell you that they are waiting to hear from the doctor's office...And when you call the doctors office they tell you they have received no request from the pharmacy.

OR when I call in my medicine 2 days early or so, and when I go to pick it up it is not ready...Or problems with the insurance company, supposedly. I have been told that my insurance was cancelled numerous times, only to call the insurance company and have them say everything is fine. WTH? How does this crap happen over and over again?
That's not even the worst of it. And it's not just me, as friends and family have complained of the same problems. If someone does not need to use a pharmacy very often they probably wouldn't care, but when you take 2 or 3 different medications or more, the hassle every month is ridiculous.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So you're faulting the cops for doing their job...when it was clearly CVS that was the reason she was arrested?

What kind of logic is that?This would never have happened had they done what they were supposed to.They are to blame.Not the police.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A controlled substance!!

Might that indicate she's an addict?

If so then we should all remember they profit from locking people up. As somebody mentioned above, its YOU who pay the bill.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Innocent till proven guilty! *

*unless suspected of a crime harder to prove at the time, then you are 'detained' (not imprisoned)

Yeap thats a police state alright

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You reside in the midst of Aggie Land and you can't figure out why your prescriptions are never filled correctly or at all? You need to move to Austin were Longhorn alumni run the pharmacies. You'll be sure to get your order correct each and every time.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

It is "the cops" job to arrest someone based on someone's word? Ah, no. It isn't. And yes, it IS their fault - they did the arresting - perhaps the two minutes it would take to cross check the doctors name is too much to ask even though THAT IS THEIR JOB.

CJ

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Paranoid much?

Paranoid? Ah, where is the paranoia other than I am going to get arrested and spend a night in jail because of someone's word? What exactly did the police do to verify this information? ZERO. She had to get her doctor to sign a subpeona - That is the great thing about brainwashed people. It is just an "error" to them until it happens to them - based on your post it sounds like it would be just swell for you to spend a few nights in jail for something that could have easily been checked out. But then again, according to you "human error" ie having the authority to imprison someone for no reason is ok - I wouldn't call that human error - I would call it someone imprisioning another person because they are too LAZY and because they CAN.

CJ

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Innocent till proven guilty! *

*unless suspected of a crime harder to prove at the time, then you are 'detained' (not imprisoned)

Yeap thats a police state alright

And in this case, one phone call would have sufficed. Too bad so many here think it is ok to falsely imprison people - guess what - the knock on your door in the middle of the night is coming soon to a home near you...

CJ

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have actually been thru something similar myself. I had fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae . Had to surgeries.
I am a laborer for a union in my state. I do milling and paving of NYC streets and highways.
So after my surgery I was on a pain killer for a short while. One day actually evening I was on my way into work with my cousin we car pooled at the time. We were pulled over yanked out the car and searched. Seems I was working in a known drug area " Washington heights" . The narcotic officer found 2 10 mg percocets . I tried to explain I had a back problem and sometimes if it was a rough night I took the pain killer to get me thru.

I didn't carry the bottle because I never ever took more then 1 or 2 and it didn't make sense to carry 90 pills with me. I was still arrested for possession of a controlled substance , finger printed and sent through the system.
I missed a night of work , spent 30 hours in holding until I seen the judge I was ROR released on own reconosance .
On my following court date I missed another days work and had to bring in a affidavit from my doctor along with my reciepts from the pharmacy. You think that would have been enough to have it dismissed.. Nope no such luck .
I was giving a DAT I believe it was called and told to not get in trouble for 6 months and it would be dropped from my record.

After speaking to some people more familiar I was told that if I would have hired an attorney it would have gottened dismissed . But I went with a public defender because of cost and that's what my court appointed attorney said was best...

It sucks all the way around but it shows how lady justice sometimes does not work properly and that really people who can afford to hire an attorney end up better off..

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I agree it seems its ok when this kind of thing happens to other people but when it happens to them or one of their family members then its an outrage. The police did do what they were paid to do but I wonder why they didnt verify the name and the telephone number of the doctor while they were standing at the CVS with this woman?

I get my meds from the CVS in our hometown and most of the time its wrong or not ready...Unfortunetly that is what happens when you hire people who are not properly trained. The CVS did what it thought was right, and the cops did what they thought was right..But in the end the whole situation ended badly for an innocent person.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I wonder also how blase they can be, it's always "your fault or your problem", I've had the same issues you speak of happen to me. It's a wonder more people don't die from their mistakes and uncooperative attitudes.

As Navione points out below if you are on any kind of narcotic pain reliever you must have the medications in the bottle for that prescription. or they will take you jail and take your medications away!
"Sure officer, I don't really need those. The doctor gave them to me for the heck of it"

Never mind my mangled arm, it's not like I'm in agony or anything.
They will be cold like you could never even start to believe.
You can be moaning in pain and they'll tell you to "shut the ______ up" in not-so-civil terms.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I was going to post a comment until I read yours, word for word, it's exactly what I was thinking, I have had many problems with CVS pharmacy too, but I would like to add that lots of other places have the same kind of employees, and they don't just make normal mistakes, they seem like thier totally incompetent also.

It's too bad this lady got arrested for this, so I hope she gets compensated well for it, they need a wakeup call.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Paranoid? Ah, where is the paranoia other than I am going to get arrested and spend a night in jail because of someone's word? What exactly did the police do to verify this information? ZERO. She had to get her doctor to sign a subpeona - That is the great thing about brainwashed people. It is just an "error" to them until it happens to them - based on your post it sounds like it would be just swell for you to spend a few nights in jail for something that could have easily been checked out. But then again, according to you "human error" ie having the authority to imprison someone for no reason is ok - I wouldn't call that human error - I would call it someone imprisioning another person because they are too LAZY and because they CAN.

A few hours in jail(gaol) because of a mistake is not the end of the world.

In all of your "militant state" like bashing, did you consider why they were so heavy handed when dealing with suspected prescription fraud?

Sure the system isn't perfect and this poor lady has suffered due to incompetence, but it doesn't mean that the whole system is flawed. Just that the system needs more stringent methods of ensuring that such can't happen again.

If the grand ole US of A was as bad as you make it out to be.....she would still be in prison and we would not be speaking about this situation openly on a public forum.

I wonder how many Syrians would gladly swap places with her right now. I wouldn't be surprised if it numbers in the hundreds of thousands.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

A few hours in jail(gaol) because of a mistake is not the end of the world.

those hours can never be recovered
what's the difference between being deprived of your life or being deprived of "a few hours"?
only a matter of degrees

all so some low-life trash doesn't have to be inconvenienced making a phone call
or rubbing 2 braincells together

that would cut into doughnut time

there's a fragrance coming from you
smells like "Authority" by calvin klein

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Paranoid much?

Well, I don't think the OPs point was that it was conspiratorial, but rather represents a pattern of systemic carelessness that is reaching ridiculous proportions (ie. kid forgotten about for 5 days in a DEA holding cell), and as these things continue to increase without real repercussions, the great anonymyzing of Americans will eventually lead to this occuring to you or someone you know. Not a completely fallacious deduction.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

It is "the cops" job to arrest someone based on someone's word? Ah, no. It isn't. And yes, it IS their fault - they did the arresting - perhaps the two minutes it would take to cross check the doctors name is too much to ask even though THAT IS THEIR JOB.

CJ

Right,even though initially it was the PHARMACY'S job to do just what you stated.Some people(you) go out of their way to blame the police for everything.My point was if CVS had done THEIR job you wouldn't be here yelling about the police doing their job.Not up to the to the cops to call and verify if the script is real or not.Says what the proper protocol is in the article.Somehow you fail to see that.Instead you just want to blame the police because you can.
edit on 6-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Well, I don't think the OPs point was that it was conspiratorial...

From the OP....

....sure ATS will move this to the "there is no conspiracy here" file...I disagree....

The 'gist' of the OP seems to be a dissatisfaction with ATS mods for moving threads.

BTW....I'm all in favour of exposing LEO's & Politicians(and any judiciary in between) that abuse their positions of trust for gains in any way, shape or form. But, the subject of the OP is clearly a clerical error - however tragic - and should be treated as such. Legislation should be addressed and rectified to ensure that this does not happen again.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

CJ

Right,even though initially it was the PHARMACY'S job to do just what you stated.Some people(you) go out of their way to blame the police for everything.My point was if CVS had done THEIR job you wouldn't be here yelling about the police doing their job.Not up to the to the cops to call and verify if the script is real or not.Says what the proper protocol is in the article.Somehow you fail to see that.Instead you just want to blame the police because you can.

So in your world the cops job is to arrest people - without verifying ANYTHING. The "proper" protocol as you read it is for the pharmacy. In your world there is no protocol other than imprisioning someone for the police? Again, it must make you happy to have to continue to pay false imprisionment lawsuits due to police NEGLIGENCE. Are you serious? What?

CJ

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join