It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As predicted, Ron Paul backers take over Maine GOP convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would not want to be in Charlie Webster's shoes right now. You can fudge paper ballots all you want, this? Not so much.

Source: Bangor Daily News

“Takeover is strong word; we’re all registered Republicans here,” said Matthew McDonald of Belfast, a Waldo County Republican and a Paul supporter. “But Chairman Webster called Ron Paul supporters wingnuts, he saw us as a fringe minority; now we hold the power of the convention.”

Would Webster face a backlash for apparently bending the rules to name a convention chairman ahead of time and not at the convention? Would Ron Paul supporters “take over” the convention, as Webster feared? Would what is supposed to be a party-building gathering devolve into a fractured mess?

Those questions were answered by lunchtime:Yes, yes and yes.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DukeOfDorch
I would not want to be in Charlie Webster's shoes right now. You can fudge paper ballots all you want, this? Not so much.

Source: Bangor Daily News

“Takeover is strong word; we’re all registered Republicans here,” said Matthew McDonald of Belfast, a Waldo County Republican and a Paul supporter. “But Chairman Webster called Ron Paul supporters wingnuts, he saw us as a fringe minority; now we hold the power of the convention.”

Would Webster face a backlash for apparently bending the rules to name a convention chairman ahead of time and not at the convention? Would Ron Paul supporters “take over” the convention, as Webster feared? Would what is supposed to be a party-building gathering devolve into a fractured mess?

Those questions were answered by lunchtime:Yes, yes and yes.

Also saw this on the front page of the Portland Press herald today. Maine GOP Convention: Paul shakes up the party. To be honest I was surprised to see this. Maybe the MSM is finally starting to wake up? Or a slow news day? Either way I am excited
to see this.
edit on 6-5-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: c/e

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Paul wins majority of delegates from Maine GOP

This is getting really interesting. The Paulites should be an inspiration to everyone everywhere who feels betrayed by their governments.

new topics

join