It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Launches Campaign in 1/2 Empty Arena: (He better get use to the Low Crowds)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Barack Obama launched his campaign in unspectacular fashion today at Ohio State University, the largest college in the crucial swing state. A photo posted to twitter by Mitt Romney's campaign spokesman Ryan Williams reveals that the event was poorly attended.

According to ABC News, the Obama campaign had expected an "overflow" of people. Instead, the arena looked half-empty. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Obama organizers even had people move from the seats to the floor of the gym in order to project a larger crowd on television.

In 2008, Obama ran a near-flawless campaign, buoyed by enthusiasm and effective organizing. But it's not 2008 any more, and on day one of the 2012 campaign, Team Obama has already made an embarrassing blunder.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

A sign of times to come for Obama-which you won't see from the MSM-I am sure.

We will have to see what comes but I think that the times have been a changing for the Obama 2012 Run.

I am sure it will be presented that he was speaking to an over-flowing crowd Bla Bla Bla.... Let the MSM lies fly.

I believe he is so desperate. Announcing today his election run when EVERYONE knows he has been campaigning since about.... this time LAST year.

I don't know about you but I have had enough of this MORON.

I guess maybe it was so empty as people are out looking for work!!!! And don't feel they need to spend time listening to Obama's mouth running and telling everyone how great he is...

I just saw this story which may explain some of the low turn-out:

Zogby: Youth Move Away from Obama, to Libertarians
www.newsmax.com...
edit on 5/5/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It looks like he is doing better than Romney!

Paul is the only one drawing big crowds!!!!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thats still way too many people than he deserves. Some people just cant see through the obvious lies

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Those empty spots belong to unemployed people who believed him years ago, to the people who lost their houses, to those who lost a loved one in war.

To launch a reelection campaing is arrogant.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's good to see a sliver of truth in the ocean of lies.

While a half empty arena is indeed a tell tale sign of the Obama truth, I have already told myself that it could go one of two ways that I see, so I thought I would share those two ways with those that care to know a different opinion.

First off, someone internal to Obama team, someone responsible for this failed attendance venue could have lost their job or at least was called on the carpet and told this will never happen again or else, and we all know what or else means. Oh no, unemployment line, bills, the house mortgage, medical insurance, what will I do syndrome etc etc.

With such a correction to a half empty arena, we should expect that we will never see such a truth ever again if indeed the message was properly received and has since been fixed so that this truth is never again made available for the Obama opponents to use as evidence of a declining and failing presidency.

Second way this could go is that we could in fact see such half empty arenas again and again and if such half empty arenas become notable, then and only then can I see the main stream media repeating the news and if we see this scenario unfold, then and only then would I have to say that Obama is begin taken down by his own side for reasons probably only known to those perpetuating such a public failure in Obama's running for the presidency and if this the case, then Obama is being set up to fail, but as with all real conspiracy, even being set up for failure can be tricky, because if Obama is made to fail, it could only be designed by those that want to elect someone of their choosing that perhaps has yet to make the front page of main stream America, someone like an insider elite named Jeb Bush.

Since Obama has adhered to every Bush mandate and executive order and has perpetuated every war into expansion and a possible WWIII, it only makes sense that in order to achieve real improvement to the NWO agenda, it will require the Bush bloodline and that makes Jeb Bush the man to watch to lead the final NWO effort towards a NWO and one world government.

Oh well, in the world of media, such Obama failure stories could very well also be part of a propaganda campaign needed to set the stage for some other agenda.

Time will tell, but as for me, I think the very next time we see elbow to elbow and standing room only is when we will realize that the initial failure message was received and the problem was fixed, even if someone began hiring thousands of independent actors to act as Obama supporters which then costs millions of tax dollars to do so.

Thanks again for that sliver of truth. It was most refreshing even if it was a passing moment.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The Ohio arena, which holds around 20,000 people, appeared to be around two-thirds to three-quarters full, with around half of the seating in the upper deck empty. The Columbus fire department estimated the crowd size at 14,000. While smaller in size than many Obama rallies during the 2008 campaign, the crowd dwarfed the size of any rally held this cycle by Romney.

14,000 is no small crowd, and with him being the incumbent, democrats aren't likely to come out unless they just want to see him.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Between Obama and Romney, they might be able to equal half of a Ron Paul audience

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Today's Obama fans yawn, nap & pick their noses.

Now, I know someone is going to say anon72-prove it because no Obama fan would do that....

So, i wait....
)

Oh, what the heck. Someone will probably do a thread on it anyway.

ama Launch Rally Crowd Yawns, Picks Noses
Video source: www.breitbart.com...

Enjoy
edit on 5/6/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I can't say I support Obama this time around. Nor do I expect another will come along to win my vote. It's all a facade in the end. Show me the last president that actually met his campaign promises?

But really though, that pic was taken before the speech so as to undermine how many people showed up. The same way the msm tried to lie about the occupy may first turnout.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Any participation in this system is prolonging a necessary demise.

Don't vote unless you believe that both candidates were the best, chosen democratically.

Remember that Obama was pushed as the underdog...an underdog that spent $750 million on his campaign. some underdog, huh.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

Funny you think it was taken before. See the picture of Obama and Mrs. there. duh.

What the organizers did was to move people to behind the Pres. Making it look.

Look around the press. The truth is coming out.

Seeing cropped/close-ups will trick you every time.

top topics

join