It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite OST to a game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Not sure if to post this in the Video games discussion or here, so i'll just post it here.

What is your favorite official sound track to a video game? Ever since getting games like Final Fantasy VIII and Chrono Cross all those years ago, I come to appreciate and love the games and the music that was used in it. The people over in Squaresoft (now Square-enix) made really good OST music. Anyone who played a game from Square-Enix should know what im talking about.

Here are some of the music samples that are used in the games, one of many favorites.

Cant forget Chrono Trigger! Here is a youtube member doing a guitar cover of Frogs Theme. Hes really good and does a lot of game covers.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My favortie OST? Hmm...

Definitely gotta be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64...

Brings back so many memories...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Rambo loader for Commodore 64

By Martin Galway 1986
edit on 5/5/2012 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Ahh, The legend of Zelda soundtrack, one of my favorites also. When my brother got The legend of Zelda Skyward sword, i stole his soundtrack that came with the game. Really good music, im was impressed.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hmmm good question. I often find myself listening to video game music or just soundtrack music in general. Final Fantasy VII had some great scores with some of my favorites being Cid's theme and the jenova themes.

Some other great music came from Super Mario RPG which basically pushed the limits of the software on the SNES.

But as for my favorite, probably the OST from Star Ocean 2.

edit on 5-5-2012 by wWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aktulu

Ahh, The legend of Zelda soundtrack, one of my favorites also. When my brother got The legend of Zelda Skyward sword, i stole his soundtrack that came with the game. Really good music, im was impressed.
I haven't played any of the ones newer than Wind Waker (that's when I stopped playing console & handheld games) but I have always appreciated the beautiful melodies that went along with the Zelda series. Always wonderful songs.

There are some other games I really enjoyed the soundtracks to but that one always stuck out in my mind.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Stopped playing console games? Did you drop playing games all together or started playing pc games or other?

Anyways, I love the Dark world theme in a link to the past. I havent played that game in forever, maybe i'll hook up my snes and have a go at it soon.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
first and foremost, PERFECT DARK

the OST is just beyond futuristic, it's timeless

HALF LIFE 2

get's my pulse moving

Star fox 64

I literally use this as thinking music.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

this song will eternally be apart of me.

I shower everyday to this music.

one last one final fantasy
under her control

I could go on and on and on, if you want me to, just ask, but I think you get the picture, the music from these games is part of my day to day life

edit on 5-5-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aktulu

Stopped playing console games? Did you drop playing games all together or started playing pc games or other?

Anyways, I love the Dark world theme in a link to the past. I havent played that game in forever, maybe i'll hook up my snes and have a go at it soon.
Pretty much stopped playing games in general. I still play BF3 these days when I'm bored but that's not too often.

I've found other more productive hobbies to keep myself entertained..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For me it's definitely the soundtrack to Voodoo Vince, by Steve Kirk.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I thought the OST from "Asura's Wrath" was something epic.It really fit the story and made you feel his wrath lol. I'll post a few of my favorites.

I love when they play this one during boss battles, especially the opening.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For me, it'd have to be Jeremy Soule--Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Simply gorgeous music. Especially the piano that play while walking around in the game.

Another is the late, great Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka, who wrote the music to the game Metroid on the N.E.S.. The song 'Kraids Lair' is incredible.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
For me, it'd have to be Jeremy Soule--Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Simply gorgeous music. Especially the piano that play while walking around in the game.

Another is the late, great Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka, who wrote the music to the game Metroid on the N.E.S.. The song 'Kraids Lair' is incredible.

The elders scrolls oblivion, i knew there was going to be good music the first time i popped the game into my ps3. I soon later bought it for pc.

Metroid is a classic! When i later found out that Metroid was a lady, i was really surprised!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I would have to say the Quake II OST by Sonic Mayhem, great game and great music. Nothing gets your blood pumping like the first track Operation Overlord

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Schlitzkrieg

You posted the link wrong, you only have to copy and paste what comes after the equal sign on the youtube link. (This one vocxw1j9m0Y) In your case, you copied the whole youtube link.

I'll have a listen to the song later on, my internet is being really slow atm.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Kid Icarus - NES
Metroid - NES

top topics

join