It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of Occupy Wall Street Stage Sit-In 
at NY AG Eric Schneiderman's Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Citizens Risk Arrest to Demand Public Accounting of Federal Mortgage Fraud Investigation

More than a dozen people staged a sit-in at the office of New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, pressuring him as co-chair of the federal Financial Fraud Task Force's Mortgage-Backed Securities Working Group, to make good on his pledge to investigate and hold accountable Wall Street’s crimes that have contributed to an economic crisis and more than 11 million underwater homeowners in the US. Participants in the sit-in and demonstration expressed outrage at the lack of apparent progress in investigating or prosecuting the crimes of the big banks against the American people and our economy.

AG Schneiderman recently called on the public to "help make this investigation as strong and thorough as it needs to be." Those organizing and participating in today’s sit-in say they are answering that call (the AG's words appeared on several signs), and have vowed to stay until Schneiderman agrees to attend a public forum in New York to provide answers about the about the working group's resources, staffing, and timeline.

Outside, dozens of people passed a hat to raise funds for the working group, which critics have decried as woefully underfunded and understaffed. The Obama administration has so far promised 55 investigators (who have yet to be appointed), compared to the approximately 1000 federal investigators focused on the much-smaller Savings & Loan crisis of the 80s and 90s.

If a march of 30,000 or so down Broadway St. on May 1st doesn't make the MSM I doubt this will. However, that hardly matters if this dozen or so can keep the pressure on Schneiderman and get him to act. My concern is that arrests and a new law will happen long before he has to do so.

It is important to note that this is not some hipster kids demanding free homes, these are American Citizens holding the Government accountable for investigating illegal practices of our financial institutions.

That is why it's on the American Public to focus our eyes on, at the very least, what Occupiers are doing and how LE respond to them. It is on us to make sure our officials follow through with their promises.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

S&F

Telling............

Outside, dozens of people passed a hat to raise funds for the working group, which critics have decried as woefully underfunded and understaffed. The Obama administration has so far promised 55 investigators (who have yet to be appointed), compared to the approximately 1000 federal investigators focused on the much-smaller Savings & Loan crisis of the 80s and 90s.

Sad that this administration doesn't take it seriously. Happy to see Americans take the fight,to those that deserve it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

the big annoucement of the task force was welcome,
but how does one prosicute illegal loans and robosigning and fraud without resources?

i mean here in new zealand they had about 100 agents to prosicute copywrite violations of kim dot com and mega upload, the case is worth billions
yet they cant staff the task force investigating TRILLIONS of dollars worth of fraud,
or the MILLIONS who are being thrown out of their homes with forged robosigned documents?

come on people lets let them know we acually expect something to be done about this,
and no excuses will be tolerated.

where are the thousands of agents needed to investigate the biggest fraud in world history?
or is this task force nothing but smoke and mirrors to placate teh electrite before elections?

the AG has a legal responciability to investigate and prosicute,
direlection of duties by a public offical is still a crime too,
as is holding public office while working in the private interest.

i will support the AG up to the time it is obvious this task force was designed to be impotent

clock is ticking for homeowners that everyday are thrown outinto the street,
i hope this is not just a ploy to allow the banks to cash in for a longer period.

thank op Star and Flag

i hope the AG realises how many people would support him in prosicutions

xploder

join