It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If aliens exist, why are we so far apart?
I think that we aren't sopposed to meet

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

To an ant in America, Africa seem light years away.
To us, Africa isn't that far with our technologies. Probably the same difference.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
If aliens exist, why are we so far apart?
I think that we aren't sopposed to meet

Sounds more of a question for "Yahoo answers"... Its a lil vague

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thats a very good analogy.

Back to the OP:

Though it seems far when our technology reaches the point that we can go beyond light speed this shouldn't be a problem but that wont be in our life time.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And what about this:
What do you think would happen if we saw extraterrestrials

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

In space? I could imagine one of two scenarios.....We blow them up or they blow us up lol. But in reality we don't know because that hasn't happened yet.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That's the paradox of the universe. Due to the sheer size of the universe, it should be teeming with life (possibly intelligent), but as of yet we have no concrete evidence of their existence. Plus, galaxies will be moving away from each other (except for galaxies close together in a cluster) as the universe expands. So we'll be farther and farther away from our galactic neighbors

Although...just like Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "Life doesn't exist anywhere but earth? That's like filling a cup with ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean."
edit on 5/5/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If Aliens exist, why are we so far apart?
I think we aren't supposed to meet.
-Swampcricket

I thought that too at one time. Then I started thinking, if I could design a universe.....I would by all technicalities be a God.
Why would I put two intelligences so far apart? Thinking that made me realize....
It makes sense (IMO) to think that their exists a God that is in control of this. Maybe knowing the outcome of a meeting between said intelligences, God decided it best to separate the two by extreme distance. Also knowing the two would, in fact, meet one day, that distance and time between would only give the lesser evolved one, a chance to be a worthy competitor. (or worthy of not being exterminated)

I've also thought that the randomness of chance places some intelligences far apart and close together. We just happen to be one of the more isolated, or those close are in the same shape as us.....they are stuck wondering just as we are.

You may be right, though.
Maybe we aren't supposed to meet.

TXML

edit on 5-5-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I myself think of individuality they live their lives we live ours. I would love for nothing more than another intelligent race to be out there and I am sure there is. Maybe they aren't egomaniacs like humans and they live in harmony and try to expand knowledge instead of war and politics but who knows? I'm sure I won't in my lifetime and I'm 34 so there you go.

top topics

join