It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sweet and Salty DiIemma.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else out there has a sweet and salty dilemma. If I eat certain foods right afterwards I want to eat something either sweet or salty. I personally dont like sweet things, like syrup, chocolate, and things like that, but after certain meals, I actually crave it.

If I happen to eat something like pancakes, and have syrup with it, I will eat a few potato chips right afterwards, and I feel better. I had hash browns and an egg for breakfast and felt better after eating 3 M&M's. It doesn't take a large amount of the opposite either, just a few chips or candies and I'm fine.

So if anyone knows what this is about, or does something similar, I am trying to find out the origin, or even a possible fix. Thanks in advance, NRE.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
So if anyone knows what this is about, or does something similar, I am trying to find out the origin, or even a possible fix. Thanks in advance, NRE.

I don't know of a fix, but I am pretty much the same. I have a savoury tooth, rather than a sweet one. If I have a bar of chocolate, I instantly crave some salt and vinegar crisps, preferably Walkers. Definately something about needing to balance out the sugar with salt...

I once had some chocolate covered pretzels and they were in many ways a perfect solution...but they weren't Cadbury's...if they had been I'd probably be addicted by now.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm the same way. If I have something savory, I want sweet right after. And then salty, to counteract the sweet

I don't even want the cookie, only the chocolate chips in it

The trick is finding "healthy" sweet. If you eat sweet potatoes as part of your supper, you won't crave sugar after.
Lots of different flavours in your meals is the trick, I think

You will probably still crave that bag of chips, or popcorn though....

Nothing beats a good bag of chips......

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I had an issue like this.
How I fixed it was, after eating one or the other, and to avoid overdoing it, I would slowly drink a big glass of water to clean out, so to speak. After that, I would find I no longer wanted the other thing.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Actually, your sweet/salt dilemma is the essence of my cooking secret. It seems the tastiest of foods or meals are combinations of sweet and salt. I will balance a recipe for a particular dish to have sweet and salty characteristics, or if a particular dish is meant to be either salty or sweet I will offer a side dish that balances it with the other. Some meals are particularly suited to having a dessert served afterwards.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join