It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't have an aura, it's synsthesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So apparently some scientists have found that 'healers' of the new age movement are actually mentally malfunctioning rather than in possession of some ET-given ability. I for one don't care much for pseudo science, maybe this will help a few people start thinking in the right direction. Not saying science has found everything, but where is the objective evidence AGAINST this study might I ask?

www.sciencedaily.com...

In the light of the results obtained, the researchers remarked on the significant "placebo effect" that healers have on people

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

Err... just a quickie note here...but that Malfunction is what some of us follow as a Religious Faith and finally won recognition from the Council Of Churches some years back to remove doubts. Wicca is what I refer to...and I'll even agree with ya about more goobers and con artists than anyone with a gift to assist others.....but real ones are definitely out there.

Of course, this is the same medical establishment that say Holistic healing is just health nuts on a placebo effect or something...and the ancient healing arts of the Far East are a bunch of Asians with delusions. Why shouldn't we take their expert opinions on declaring another alternative to their own Rx pads to be a fraud? Just figured I'd mention it..

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

I've tried without much succes, other than I can sometimes see a light blue close to the skin, which the books describe as first steps.. Once or twice I've spontaneously seen green around a speaker.

Hard for me to tell if these were just optical illusions.

But because I can't, doesn't mean others don't have the ability.

Why do people always try to define and control what others can and can't do?

Until you can see through their eyes I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by chi_z

Of course, this is the same medical establishment that say Holistic healing is just health nuts on a placebo effect or something...and the ancient healing arts of the Far East are a bunch of Asians with delusions. Why shouldn't we take their expert opinions on declaring another alternative to their own Rx pads to be a fraud? Just figured I'd mention it..
I agree with what you've said here.

I for one no longer trust the "medical establishment", safe to say that a decent sized chunk of the drugs they prescribe on a daily basis are highly dangerous chemicals which have little to no affect on the intended ailment and instead cause a wide variety of "side-effects" which for some of these "drugs" are even worse than the ailment itself.

So who're they to say what kind of "healing" is a crock of crap when the one that they back is usually no more effective?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Think well, feel well, be well.

The power of suggestion is an awesome power indeed. Recent studies at Harvard have been showing the placebo effect as being just as efficient in treating depression as pharmaceutical medication.

My question is: If it works, why knock it? Why blow a hole in a person's beliefs when it contributes to their well-being?

Science can be as much a "religion" as other orthodox systems. What matters is what you're doing with your beliefs. Advancement? or harm?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There is software on the market that you can put on your computer and computer camera that picks up your auras. Auras are real. Science can 'see' them. Google - Aura photography software.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why would someone think that seeing ones Aura is good anyway? Seems to me that if you are leaking your energy people can steal it. It might attract the wrong kind of people to you. People with a high energy state vibrate at a higher frequency causing luminescent metal ions to leave the body. That's just a part of humans system of physical attraction and not an indicator of goodness or inner strength. People are always letting their Aura hang out in public, there should be a law against that

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912
The power of suggestion is an awesome power indeed. Recent studies at Harvard have been showing the placebo effect as being just as efficient in treating depression as pharmaceutical medication.
Well duh on that one, just look at the side effect list for any of the Antidepressants (I only used citalopram as an example, but theyre the same for most of the various drugs):

Diarrhea
Nausea
Abdominal pain
Vomiting
Extreme tiredness
Loss of Appetite
Dry mouth
Excitement
Uncontrollable shaking
Nervousness
Changes in sex drive or capability
Muscle or joint pain
Increased sweating
Drowsiness
Fainting
Difficulty urinating
Change in the amount of urine
Bloody stools
Seizures
Hallucinating (seeing things or hearing things)
Severe muscle stiffness, fever, fast or irregular heartbeat, confusion ,and sweating

Not to mention Suicidal thoughts or ideas, which I find ridiculous seeing as how someone would be taking that drug to escape those feelings...

I agree with you completely though, if you think you're getting better, than you usually will get better...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Why would someone think that seeing ones Aura is good anyway? Seems to me that if you are leaking your energy people can steal it.

It gets into a direction I'm not getting far into right now, but Aura's are something everyone has to various degrees and they are very good to be able to see or sense, whichever one is the case. Emotion and intense desire/intentions change a persons aura, among other things. Wife have a private tragedy she can cover in every other way? She can't hide what it's doing to her soul at that moment, and that is carried outward.

Unfortunately, my wife and I share the same Faith when it comes to this so as smug as I can be about her never hiding her feelings from me.....she can turn around the next week and show me payback. lol.... Auras are definitely a good thing to learn to work with and pick up on though. Religion or not, IMO.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Keep forgetting to grab a mini quote at least...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've seen auras myself, so to me they are very real.

But whatever, people can choose to believe or not to believe about auras

Doesn't change the fact that they exist.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I've been studying the basis of Pharmaceutical drugs for about six years now and almost all of them are based on Holistic medicines. All they are doing is taking chemistry out of common plants and other living things and calling it into medicine. Most of their drugs are based on old knowledge that was readily available for the asking years ago. They say there is no proof that these natural things work but there is, it's in their medicines. You need to compare their drug chemistry to where it is found in nature. Then compare the plants to folklore. I have found their drugs very interesting and I have learned many new applications for their use. Most of the Pharma and a lot of the medical industry is a scam. Funny thing is three quarters of the doctors know it or aren't interested in finding if it's true. The remaining quarter are afraid to challenge it. The few that try to challenge it wind up screwing up their life. All of that will be exposed shortly by some powerful officials with evidence to back it. We can't bankrupt the country to make a few corrupt individuals rich. Antibiotics are all around us in nature

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Everything has an "aura", this has already been proven with kirlian photography! link

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When we are happy and want others to know it we should glow to show people we are happy. We also don't want to be glowing and attract people we don't want to either. Men are attracted to that glow in a woman so the woman should only expose it to those who she is attracted to. Otherwise men she is not attracted to will start to stalk her. The Aura is like an electrical Pheromone but not gender specific. People should not wear chemical pheromones all the time either. I just read an article that stated most woman's perfumes are actually created to attract women and that consumption of celery by men makes them create pheromones to attract women.
Is that why my mother always gave us celery sticks to munch on, she was trying to get rid of me.
edit on 5-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Why do we negate an effect because it has a name? I for one would rather feel better by placebo than some toxic synthetic chemical or surgery. The fact that the mind has something to do with the way we perceive our well being and our own ability to heal, sort of supports 'alternative' medicine imo. A balanced mind is a healthy body, a healthy body is a balanced mind?

much love
edit on 5/5/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

The placebo effect proves the ability that the mind can heal the body.

This effect is based on some kind of mental physical relation - which science does not yet understand.

The fact is that YOU are capable of healing yourself from almost all diseases. Even western medicine mostly just attacks the symptoms and lets your body do the rest of the work. Obvious exceptions to this are antibiotics and "hands-on" medicine such as stitching and setting bones.

Who says that this ability to heal yourself can not be improved as well as conciously controlled?
edit on 5-5-2012 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ummm....Wrong!

The aura is, amongst other things, the subtle energy field of the body via electromagnetics and qi. There are layers corresponding to the 7 chakras. Because color is just the visible portion of vibration (red has a shorter frequency wavelength than blue for instance), those that are able to see the aura, they are simply seeing the visual correlate of that particular frequency.

I don't see auras, but I can feel them. Trained for a number of years to increase my sensitivity and learned to tell the difference between tears in the aura and accumulated thoughtforms creating blockages. I have done this with a high degree of accuracy for many years. This has allowed me not only to act as a conduit for healing others, but also to psychically pick up verified information about their lives, a fact which goes beyond just being placebo.

As a teacher once said, the Truth does not require you to believe in it in order to be true.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

tell me something
are you in the habit of taking advice from mental defectives?

no, because their OS is corrupted/damaged.

same deal here with your "scientific study"

these morons are running windows 3.1 [actually it's postivism 1.0 Beta]
and are trying to read a .docx file created by office 2010 on windows 8CP
using notepad

the real reason jung and freud had a parting of ways
was because when freud demanded proof of TK during an argument
jung indulged him with a full blown poltergeist effect
freud angrily insisted it was all a trick.

these pseudoscientists would react the same to any real display

and that's not mentioning all those "scientists" for hire
who'll prove that mercury and flouride are good for you
for the right amount of $$$$

edit on 5-5-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

as a ridiculously qualified person to answer this question - I say we do have auras.

I have been able to sense auras since I was a small kid. I am a Reiki Master, I have multiple types of synesthesia, and also have a Master's degree in Psychology (with a heavy focus on Transpersonal Psych and Neuro- Psych).

at least some of the individuals claiming to see the so-called aura of people actually have the neuropsychological phenomenon known as "synesthesia" (specifically, "emotional synesthesia"). This might be a scientific explanation of their alleged ability.

I'd like to point out that the article doesn't disprove auras at all, it simply gives a reason some people are able to sense them...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by chi_z

Err... just a quickie note here...but that Malfunction is what some of us follow as a Religious Faith and finally won recognition from the Council Of Churches some years back to remove doubts. Wicca is what I refer to...and I'll even agree with ya about more goobers and con artists than anyone with a gift to assist others.....but real ones are definitely out there.

At least having this 'malfunction' as 'science' calls is is helpful after all how many healers have created viruses or weapons capable of destroying not only humanity but also the world?
These healers and I agree with you that there are those that prey on the weak and hopeful but then again so do faiths of all religeons, you have extremists and fakers on all fronts who prey on the fearful.
Besides those that seek to have therapy from a healer is already on the first step of self healing and that is having a positive attitude which helps immensely, having negative thoughts only strengthens the ailments.
How good do you feel on a summer day as opposed to one that is dull and overcast or raining? The same is for attitudes.
Being a Pagan myself healing is beneficial when you aren't poisoning yourself with artificial chemicals as the 'scientists and governments' want you to.

So if you dont create doom and want to help your fellow man then you are 'mentally malfunctioning', yeah right so who's malfunctioning now?
edit on 6/5/12 by DataWraith because: additions

new topics

top topics

join