It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood: The Real War on Women

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by captaintyinknots

This country has a constitution that has been trampled on.....our government should not be using taxpayer money for anything but defense of its property and people.

Just because it is happening doesn't mean it's right.

You are living in the wrong country if you want everything taken care of for you.

Ahh yes, good ol' reductio ad absurdum. Always the sign of a good argument.

No one is saying "everything should be taken care of". That's just absurd. But if you have an issue with the tax structure, argue that. The idea that you should get to nitpick where your tax dollars go is a fantasy.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yet you appear to support one but rally against the other? What, are you going to rely on the Republican party, another organization with a history of corruption, to deal with Planned parenthood? Really?

No. I prefer to rely on no one to spend my money.
Let private funding do all that.

The why is your OP in reference to social issues then? The thing about the war on women is directly related to contraception and abortion.

I use the article's titles when possible.
Somebody else wrote the story, not me.
And, I couldn't find the story on CNN or MSNBC.

It is obvious that your agenda upon creating this thread links back to social issues.

You are a respected member, you should be more observant.
I'm not the one with an agenda !!

The public is fed up with all the Corruption.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
No. I prefer to rely on no one to spend my money.

As I stated to the other member, you can't fully control where your tax dollars are going to go. You don't have a say in it for the most part, this is a reality of how society works. As for your OP, it doesn't say anything on what should be private and what should not be, it's about corruption of planned parenthood as well their view of the war on women (abortion, contraception).

I use the article's titles when possible.
Somebody else wrote the story, not me.

Yes and? This thread is a discussion on what that article argues isn't it? So then why did you deny your concern in this thread in regards to social issues given the fact that this was the topic of that article??

The public is fed up with all the Corruption.

But you posted an article that was talking about corruption in connection with social issues. Breithart.com didn't publish this article merely about corruption in government, it was in connection to the social issues regarding women and reproductive rights.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You say it isn't a human then you say science hasn't proven anything?

brilliant!

Is it a frog? Is it an elephant? It's a human.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I wonder how humans managed to survive and thrive thousands of years before FDR?

must have been alien intervention.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So be it !

I state that I am totally against the Corruption, the Fraud, the Graft, and all the Theft connected with PP.

The defenders of PP must now justify that the social issues involved are "OK" to be funded with taxpayer money for the advancement of criminal activity.

I say no public money for corruption (other than jail expenses).

And unrelated examples don't count !!

Stick to PP and the corruption they hold.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You seem to be unaware of how the united states government is supposed to work...WE control where everything goes...every dime.....but the majority of Americans do not learn this is public school, because the current government structure wants you thinking you have no control and need them to decide everything for you...( I am referring to current as since the welfare state began)

It's very easy to become brainwashed....very difficult to deprogram after years of the msm and progressive teaching institutions telling you otherwise....filling your head with all kinds of lies about this country.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You seem to be unaware of how the united states government is supposed to work...WE control where everything goes...every dime.....

As a society we do but as individuals we don't.

I may be opposed to billions of dollars of aid being sent to Israel, or to the fact my state may have wasted my tax payer money passing a bill to allow bible studies in schools. Irrigardless, I cannot control where exactly my tax money will go myself. Same goes for you.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

You seem to be unaware of how the united states government is supposed to work...WE control where everything goes...every dime.....

As a society we do but as individuals we don't.

I may be opposed to billions of dollars of aid being sent to Israel, or to the fact my state may have wasted my tax payer money passing a bill to allow bible studies in schools. Irrigardless, I cannot control where exactly my tax money will go myself. Same goes for you.

So am I understanding that you yourself support and approve of corruption, theft, graft, and fraud in order to get some pre determined result in society ? Specifically PP.

Don't you think that is immoral and dangerous and quite frankly a little naive ?

Wheeew !
No wonder the thieves are thriving.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
So am I understanding that you yourself support and approve of corruption,

Just because there are afew corrupted individuals in Planned parenthood doesn't mean the overall organisation is corrupt, it doesn't mean the services they office are morally wrong or unethical.

I suppose because of the many incidences of corruption in the Republican party of the years, that political party should be defunded or closed down?

That's not the way it works.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
This is a pretty sad piece of propaganda. Yes, if PP employees are not following the letter of the law, they need to be investigated and dealt with. But to portray PP, one of the few, truly supportive places for women to go, as being the villains here, is sad and desperate.

Star for you my friend, I agree whole heartedly! As a healthy 36 year old woman who has already had 3 children I would be s.o.l. without PP and my quarterly depoprovera shots!! I make too much money to qualify for medical assistance and no where near enough money to purchase private insurance (my employer doesn't offer medical benefits). However I do qualify for Women's Health coverage which covers all my "reproductive" needs and was applied for through PP! Personaly I don't give a rat's petutty who funds this coverage, it has literally saved my life because I was advised by my obgyn at my last birth to not get pregnant again!

By all means investigate those employees who are breaking the law. At the end of the day you will find that EVERY organisation, corporation, alliance or whatever has corrupt people within it! BUT, big but here, there are far more of those who work for them because they truly believe in what it stands for and is trying to do!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Kali74
I have a feeling this video is going to turn out the same way the Shirley Sherrod video and the ACORN prostitution video did. If not than that woman should definitely be investigated.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

I hope those videos get the same public exposure that ACORN did. Maybe PP will stop getting taxpayer money. I don't begrudge them the service they provide (well, the services that aren't showing pimps how to hide the raping of a child). But I have a big problem with my paycheck being used to pay for them.

/TOA

Well I have a big problem paying for a standing military, paying oil companies who then
turn around and gouge us at the pumps, nuclear power companies... What is the solution?

So do I. Maybe Obama should stop killing people, paying oil companies who then turn around and gouge us at the pumps, and invest in renewable fuels like hemp oil.

/TOA

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
While I find a lot of this disgusting, I think that they are thinking along the lines of, "prostitutes are going to exist no matter what, and if we turn them in then they will no longer trust us and will have nowhere to go, and stds and unwanted births will be more widespread, and babies will be born that will not be taken care of and they will live miserable lives and either die neglected at a young age, or be put into the house of horrors that is the foster system". The obvious pimp should have been reported. But at the same time, we know these pumps will exist regardless as they have since the beginning of time. It is "the worlds second oldest profession" ... And if the pimps are afraid to bring girls into pp, what would be better about that? More diseases, babies, and uneducated people without access to contraceptives or pregnancy tests, etc?

I'm not saying this is right... There needs to be a system in place to bust these pimps without alerting them to pp involvement in their arrest, maybe? What I AM saying is that this topic is more complicated than a simple case of right vs wrong. Unless you are against abortions for religious reasons then yes that one aspect can be seen as cut and dry, if you wish. I just know that if abortions were illegal, they would still be performed, in back alleys with clothes hangers, etc. The blame, in my opinion, is not with the doctor performing abortions, but the female seeking one. But even then, there's the situation of rape victims to take into account. A woman should not have to suffer any more than she already has after being raped. I think one way to help this would be stiffer rape sentencing. Rapists get out of jail before most drug offenders, and that is not right. There is not enough of a deterrent against rape!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have no problems with Eugenics since I have no problems in making humans better, more physically capable, more resistant to disease, and so on. The human body as it stands is very inefficient in some areas. I would like to see many of those flaws eliminated. And no, I'm not for making people absolute clones of one another. For example, I would like to see an end to poor eyesight, and to overweight people.

I just have problems when idiots who start using Eugenics to launch racist wars and genocidal wars and use it to support racist ideologies.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Considering all those people are still covered on their mommy and daddy's insurance til the age of 26 how exactly is it killing the poor?

You are beyond sheltered from reality.

A lot of peoples parents do not have insurance. Most poor parents do not have insurance. I know the thought never crossed your mind of uninsured parents because you live in lala land where everything is perfect.

edit on 6-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
well it was founded by bill gates father..

then bill himself started the seed bank..

just taking another step towards the Georgia guide stones agenda 21 tri lateral commission CFR line..

edit on 6-5-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Really?

We're 7 billion strong. When there is 7 billion of anything, none of it is special. Really.

W/O predators the weakest genes are able to replicate and mix with other weak genes to make exponentially weaker offspring. What is happening now? The best, brightest, strongest and fastest are making more? If that was the case China & India should be a nation of hulking giants with IQs beyond measure, strength beyond belief, physical speed that rivals cheetahs, endurance that the Painted Dog envies, but they are not. You know why? Because weak genes are mixing with weak genes, really.

Derek

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join