It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbor's house might be haunted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So my next door neighbor thinks his house is haunted. He talks about how him and his wife always hears someone walking around upstairs when they are down stairs and vice a versa when they are up stairs. Also a radio will turn itself on in the kitchen and so will the TV in the middle of the night, along with doors and cupboard opening or moved. We been talking about it for over two years on and off and it seems to them to be a constant thing with little breaks.

WELL, he sold his house to a young single guy and I'm not saying nothing and I see this as a really good chance to see if he also has anything weird happen once he moves in. This will be a great experiment for me to witness whether two independent groups experience the same events. My neighbor has told no one but me, since he doesn't want any rumors started that may have reduced his chances of selling, so I guess the experiment is on and I'll post in the future here if and when anything starts with the new guy.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This sounds like an awesome experiment, albeit long-term. Keep us updated.

I had a housemate who claimed to have grown up in a haunted house. He said they had a benevolent ghost of an older lady who would keep the plants watered and things like that.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
GREAT idea! I like this! (Flagged!)

Now, bring that guy a six pack of Guinness and start shooting the $#@! and let him warm up to you. This is such a great opportunity.

Good luck, man!
Cuhail

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The supreme court ruled that if a person knowingly sells a house that is deemed haunted without telling the new owner that the lease is null and void. When my girlfriend and I first moved into our apartment we asked if it was haunted or not lol, the price seemed too good to be true.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Cool, I'll be waiting for updates on this.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
The supreme court ruled that if a person knowingly sells a house that is deemed haunted without telling the new owner that the lease is null and void. When my girlfriend and I first moved into our apartment we asked if it was haunted or not lol, the price seemed too good to be true.

I kind of wondered about that so I'm not talking ever....

I'll let the experiment run and see if he brings it up, if he does, I'll just act like it's the first time I have heard of it. I don't want to add any confounding to the end results.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

A somewhat dick move. I understand from the standpoint of skeptical research, but the new tenant should be informed... especially if anything weird happens.

I know from experience that it's lonely to undergo odd events and having any scrap of confirmation is golden. The right thing to do at this point is bring up a related subject in a short while and see what he says. If he mentions odd noises or something, tell him the last guy heard it too... just sayin'.

Once you have it confirmed that this stuff happens it opens all sorts of worm cans.

new topics

top topics

join