It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH is next to the Sun ~ Its HUGE

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If we all agree that it's optical illusion or something, would others agree to just stop using the term bokeh?

have you ever in your life heard this word so much used in regular conversation until coming into a couple of recent threads as this one?

what is a "bokeh"? it's a 'blur"

what happened to blur? i was fine with blur? everyone was fine with blur.

I want "blur' back. i'm starting to miss it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Bokeh has a specific definition and it is not simply "blur".
It is an effect produced by the optics of the imaging device.
This is bokeh. Not exactly simply "blur"

www.diyphotography.net...
edit on 5/5/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

looks pretty defined to me considering the 2nd or 3rd generation copy we are looking at and if you look closely you'll even see the "notch" at the bottom where the optic is fitted.

edit on 5-5-2012 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

ok, just explain the difference then and I won't bother with inquiring why they used such a silly sounding word.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I did.

link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
If we all agree that it's optical illusion or something, would others agree to just stop using the term bokeh?

have you ever in your life heard this word so much used in regular conversation until coming into a couple of recent threads as this one?

what is a "bokeh"? it's a 'blur"

what happened to blur? i was fine with blur? everyone was fine with blur.

I want "blur' back. i'm starting to miss it.
Maybe you should look it up.I'm not saying that's what it is but it is more probable
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-5-2012 by scrog77 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by princeguy

Again, IMHO, it is the same situation that happend yesterday, and countless times before that.

Its an artifact

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
just to let everyone know that its been there all day just checked the pics on the scope behind cor1 its been there all day i will check tomarrow to see if it has moved, btw if it is something of intelligent design and wanted to come to earth why is it it still in the same spot for 3 F#ing days?

crackpot theory includes massive mothership from the greys coming to integrate their species with ours via mass abduction and genetic manipulation.

but abe froman has a point with the youtube explanation which seems to be a logical approach, this thread may be fear mongering a lil bit i challenge the mods to open up a new "Fear Mongering Forum" I WILL MAKE A THREAD ON THIS
edit on 5-5-2012 by Alexei because: I was hungry and no food made me think irrationally so i came back and unrerationalized it. wait a min what?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What telescope is seeing that image?

STEREO Behind COR1

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I did.

Why is this post not removed because of a two word reply?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

it's Phage.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

Probably the same aliens NASA has been seeing since they first went into space.
Or for that matter, the same aliens the very first cosmonaut into orbit claimed he saw right outside his porthole.

Honestly, it's nothing new.

Also, just because the object is in the same direction as the sun doesn't mean it's anywhere near the sun.
It could be much, much, much closer.

There's no way to tell how near/far it is without using something behind it as reference, and the sun is too far from the object.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I looked this term up days ago because I had never heard it before. i asked and answered in my own post so i'm not sure how i came to that conclusion WITHOUT looking it up but alas... going forward.

what phage said is as far as this will go for a reason.

it is a blur produced by lenses. the main difference is that it sounds incredibly silly and is specific to lenses. i'd rather say "blur caused by the lense"

a specifically created blur, yes. Technically, still a blur. That was my whole point. not arguing... TEASING. Use a silly sounding word and I will play with it but to me this is natural. what is life if you can't joke around with others.
but thanks for the instruction. some don't understand my desire to pick at certain things.

I will still play, but also thanks anyway for answering the question in black and white in the thread it is getting widely used. These things really help for people whose interest level will not beckon them to look into it... or simply don't have time. I'm all for the explaining and simplification... not the blurring.
edit on 5-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Yes, everyone.

Nothing to see here.

Just Bokeh of a nonorganic object in outer space.

CAN'T YOU SEE THE OBJECT IS MADE 100% OF BOKEH?!

Edit: Bokeh must be produced by an object, it doesn't magically appear in the lens from refracting nothing.
edit on 5-5-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yeah come on. Lets use common sense. Phage, I know you're respected around here but its right in front of you. Use your eyes not your skeptic mind. I have one to. Your opinions on things become biased to the point if an alien were to pop up in front of you you would think it was just a hologram until it killed you.

Now that that's through I can say this. Yes, I believe that to be the real deal. They have have the three light object. I've been watching something just like it in the sky for quite some time. I may as well inform some of you a couple years back when I was walking down to the store, something compelled me to take out my phone and take a picture of the sun. I don't do that. And what I got that moment was nice. It was a black orb in the sun. I showed it around, people believed me and some didn't. The fact is, I have these feelings. These dreams. They exist. And the evidence is right in front of us. We have sacred texts warning of some sort of interference. We have paintings of ufo's in old brilliantly done art from the renascence even and before!

Why do people chose to believe we are the only life? If we were, why even have all of those perfectly orbed planets and stars out there? Would that not make it all wasted space? We are too cocky to think we are alone.
Pride is one of the humans worst features. It drives us to kill even, it does. But we share this whole universe. And yet we believe we are entitled to it all being as we are the only life forms.

They are hiding it from you. They don't want the people to know. You become a lot more controllable if you are programmed not to believe in many things that are controversial. People that try to get the word out die. And it isn't always about aliens. But we're in a time where the acceptance of other intellectual beings is supposed to be accepted. An event will take place sooner or later. All the evidence points to it. Just because it isnt yesterday or today or tomorrow does not mean it won't happen. Lots of stuff has been triggered as of late. Weird spooky stuff. Stuff that isn't normal at least to our recorded history. It's all in front of our eyes. Your choice to open them or not.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well, this thread has devolved... Time to move on I guess

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Quick.....Send the cops to investigate it.......It's part of their job...... It is a doughnut

It could feed the earth for a thousand years.....So that's what space mining is really about

So what is this thing?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
''For some reason it makes me want to have coffee'' lol, she's funny.

But what is that though? And what is the hole in the middle?
Ice particles dont come in doughnut shapes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It reminds me of .......

( note same Mission of the tether incident STS75 )

Massive UFO Fleet above Earth.

NASA STS-75 "Tether Incident" - UFO flightpath tracking/stabilization (Extended Version)

STS-75 Tether Incident (Flight Path Tracking of UFO's)

well could it be >?

well as we all know in the Conspiracy World that UFOs travel In and Out of the Sun

The Star Gate

STAR GATE .....

See Watch Learn ........
Physicist Nassim Haramein Explains !!

Earth Sized Ufo's Using The Sun As A Stargate Video.flv

Two Comets hit the Sun ( UFOS Alien Ships etc )

edit on 5-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

]Not really, We still don't know what it is and we're still guessing what it is for the time being.

edit on 5-5-2012 by scrog77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join