It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH is next to the Sun ~ Its HUGE

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

It looks like an out of focus object to me. Not saying it's not there, just not as big and probably significant as we'd all like it to be.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
reply to post by princeguy

we have spacecraft the size of planets...

actually some planets are spacecraft

some planets are living beings like ours is

hey, believe what you want

i love you

we love you

The fact that you love us does not deter from the fact that we would love you to take a course in astronomy so that you could post something in the future that may be useful in our understanding of reality.
edit on 7-5-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Watts

Well, I have met with alien life forms. Met them just as real as you meeting your computer for the first time. It did not make you 'know' everything just because you got it, it did not make me an expert to have been privy, but obviously I do know much more than you.

Wow you actually met some alien dudes?
We would like to know more, if it is safe for you to divulge this info

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
I want to know how big this thing is compared to Earth?

That's way too big to be any ship! It looks to me that it could be very big or very close! Though from the
halo around it i would say it was close to the sun! To me that looked to be a saturn sized object or a bit
smaller! Maybe it's a planet on it's way into our inner solar system! Maybe it will hit us on 12/21/12! NOT!
The diameter of the Sun is 1,392,530 km
The diameter of Jupiter is 142,980 km
the diameter of saturn is 120,000 km

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I just figured something out.... They are playing massive amounts of Alien related television programs, as some have suggested perhaps to desensitize the masses for disclosure... They have also happened to be playing a whole lot of programs in regards to sasquatch... anyone else drawing this line.... Perhaps, Sasquatch are an alien race.... Perhaps, we are not alone... Perhaops, Bigfoot is a Wooky !!! Chewbacca is real guys! He's #ing real, get yo blaster, cuz Earth is merely the training grounds for Jedi Knights, unfortunately 99% of the fat obese or corrupt evil earth population is not, nor will ever become a jedi now. #ing americanism, Thhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnkssssss :-C

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I received a reply to my inquiry. As I thought, it is an issue internal to the imaging device.

A new dust particle has adhered to the internal field lens of COR1-B. It first appeared on May 2, and presumably migrated from some part of the telescope housing. There are actually a number of small dust particles on the field lens, but they are mostly subtracted off by the background subtraction algorithm. Eventually, this new particle will also be subtracted off as soon as the instrumental background calculations catch up with the change.

Bill Thompson

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm not buyin the dust particle, we need another explanation. Whatever that object is, it's being illuminated by the light given off by the sun. If there are other dust particles that have reacted the same way, i'd retract my statement.

Still a ufo in my book.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A dust particle that reflects the surface of the sun and shoots a laser beam? Is that NASA's final answer?

Also, isn't this imaging satellite a geostationary satellite that traves 23,000 miles above Earth? Given how high it is, wouldn't it be safe to say that the object in this video is moving, but too slow for us to see?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheReligiousHoax

A dust particle that reflects the surface of the sun and shoots a laser beam? Is that NASA's final answer?

Now here is something I find strange. We get threads all the time about artifacts in SOHO and Stereo pictures, and a number of people really believe it's alien ships, black holes, or some other nonsense.

But relating that to myself, if I really believed such a thing, it would make me go out and check for myself.

Here is a photo of the Sun made with an amateur telescope.

So I am curious, have you been out lately getting pictures of the laser beams?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Reminds me of these here from tether incident.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I'm not buyin the dust particle, we need another explanation.

What a surprise.

Yes. It's being illuminated by the light of the Sun...inside the imaging device. Just like these ones (outside the satellite) are:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

There is no "laser beam". There are many random cosmic ray tracks.

No. The STEREO satellite is not in geosynchronous orbit. The object does not move, that is the main indication that it is associated with the imaging device and not an exterior object.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Can you even see a laser beam in space???

I know you can see the trace of one in the atmosphere, but that is because of water vapor, dust particles in the air itself reflecting the laser light.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Soooo, this should be dumped into the HOAX bin...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What about the other smaller objects surrounding this 'dust particle' (the one's the lady called in formation)? Furthermore, other posters have shown other images in this thread showing this same 'dust particle' that apparently used different imaging devices.

Also, isn't it possible that an object could start orbiting around the sun in such a fashion that this telescope would see it for a couple of days? Since there are multiple cameras involved with SOHO, this would seem plausible. Also, the size of this proposed 'dust particle' is so large that seeing it for 2 days via a Satellite isn't that big of a reach.

I appreciate the skepticism. But a 'cosmic ray' that just happens to appear to interact with your proposed 'dust particle' is pretty far-fetched. I have no idea what this object is, and won't begin to guess. I honestly hope there exists a theory that can debunk this, because a large object next to the sun with signs of intelligence is a bit scary.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

There are no other smaller objects.

I have seen no indication that the same particle has been seen in other imagers. The bokeh effect produces the "donut" appearance. That is why similar effects are seen in different imagers.

The image is not from SOHO.

The only way the object could be stationary in the image is if it were exactly matching the orbit of the spacecraft.

There are many cosmic ray strikes. They occur randomly. It is not a stretch that one would occur near the object. There is no "interaction" with the object.

Why do you think the object is near the Sun? What signs of intelligence?

edit on 5/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The magical dust strikes again !!

Dust wiggling its way around, and wrecking everything !!

Sure wish i could use dust as an excuse...i have tons in my house !!

I am not sure why you do NOT find it surprising that people have grown tired of the dust excuse, it may be true but it happens FAR too often...

Not surprising at all.......

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Assuming what we see in the video is authentic in the sense that it was not altered in any manner or is some kind of amplified "dust illusion" then there can be three possibilities

1) Human-made object/craft collecting data from the sun
2) Extra-terrestrial made object/craft collecting data from the sun and possibly us
3) Solar system object of natural origins

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
Assuming what we see in the video is authentic in the sense that it was not altered in any manner or is some kind of amplified "dust illusion" then there can be three possibilities

1) Human-made object/craft collecting data from the sun
2) Extra-terrestrial made object/craft collecting data from the sun and possibly us
3) Solar system object of natural origins

You forgot to add....LifeSavers Candy!!!!

edit on 7-5-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added photo

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Sure wish i could use dust as an excuse...i have tons in my house !!

You almost could use it.

Ever look through a pair of dirty eyeglasses or sunglasses?

Then think about trying to look at objects that are millions of miles away. It is a problem for sensitive equipment. Such a problem that they need to develop computer programs for the instruments to clean up the optics.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join