It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JJ Abrams Star Trek 2 Script?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

Maybe it's just me but I miss more intelligently-written science fiction movies.

It's not just you. I would love more intelligently written movies of any genre.

However, it appears that the movie ratings don't do so well when the story/ movie makes you think.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Lastly, anyone else bothered by calling the "real" Spock "Spock Prime"?

Yes. the original Spock is the real, one and only Spock. The new guy just does not cut it. He does not have that Spockiness.

And I must admit, I didn't like the original Kirk all that much (too arrogant and immature and drooling over all the blonde girls) and the new kirk is just irritating.

I much prefer the team interactions with TNG and the dynamics with Piccard and Riker. What I really liked about the TNG stuff is that most of it included "what if" scenarios that were or were going to be applicable to real-life situations.. I also found the bits of opera included in some of the TNG episodes/ movies funny - but that may just apply to people who recognize what it is.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I read the entire debate about JJ's Star Trek and then the debate about Okuda,and it kind of reminded me why i stayed away from the Star Trek community all those years.I'm one of those crazy people that go to work with my starfleet uniform or my badge.I love evrything star trek related,but the fans make me furious.

People you must understand that no matter how much we love star trek,we DON'T own it.
We want star trek back,but on our conditions?How about a)start a production company and give a few millions to make the movies exactly to your liking.
b)write a "super-fantastic" script and send it to the production company.

You don't have to like it,but stop saying that this is not Star Trek,because it is.It's how Star Trek should be in the 21st century.
Remember Star Trek was always a mirror of the society of the era that it was broadcasting.
And in the words of Eugene Roddenberry jr:

Dan Madsen: How do you think your dad would feel about the new JJ Abrams Star Trek film?

Eugene Roddenberry, Jr.: I think he would love it. I think he would put his arm around JJ and hand over the keys, so to speak. He would say, "This baby is yours." You had it in an interview you did with my father in your magazine, the Star Trek Communicator, where my father said, in essence, "I look forward to the next young writer who will come up and take steps beyond what I have done to create the next Star Trek and make it better." That was the true humble nature of him. I think, in his older years, he was more than happy to pass on the torch to someone who was young, smart and able to take the next steps with it. I think JJ would be that guy. I think if my father had been able to get to know JJ Abrams he would have gladly given the reins of Star Trek to him.

trekweb.com...

The interview was made before the film.

Anyway i'm off to watch the film AGAIN

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I hope I am not coming off as a "hater"

I only agree that the new films are not "Star Trek". And Eugene is not Gene...

I notice they didn't darth maul Trek till after Majel passed away...Wonder if that was because she owned some stock in the franchise

If Eugene thinks Gene would agree that this is Star Trek, then he knows not of his father. For a Vulcan would not cry out so.

Lastly, if you are happy with the quality of the films. Then by all means support them, for that is the only way they will know to continue making them.

Also without fans there is no Star Trek. So, it is "ours"
edit on 5/30/2012 by adigregorio because: Can't have two lasts...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Well....I liked the idea of the Klingons trying to get to DNA information from Khan to save their race...That kind of ties into the ENTERPRISE series a bit...and I also liked that they stole the info straight out of Spock 'Prime's mind....I bought all of that, (and had even thought up my own somewhat similar version of how ST2 might come to be, when I started hearing the rumors about it involving Khan and Klingons) ....So for a while I was buying this premise...

But then as I read more an more of the 'script', it started to become painfully obvious that this is probably a really badly written piece of Fan Fiction based on what the next movie COULD be....I mean...after all there's lines in here like Khan talking about Uhuru saying "Well now, let's see what a 23rd Century Black Bitch tastes like..."

I mean, come on! That sounds like something I might have written if I were a year old 12 who was trying to emulate the more 'gritty' feel of the newer star trek movies (But I'd be missing the mark quite wildly in that attempt! I might add LOL) Khan isn't a rapist.....Sure he 'takes' his women....but he does it by charming them to the point where they 'want' to be 'taken'. Go back and watch the original episode Star Seed where Khan is first introduced....There's that great scene where Khan grabs a lady and starts kissing her....She resists, and he pushes her away, giving (with an amazing amount of drama in his voice) THEN GO!!!........Or stay.......But Do It Because It Is What You WISH!!!

You'd NEVER see Khan spouting out garbage lines like "Well now, let's see what a 23rd Century Black Bitch tastes like..." lol:

So yeah....this reads like a fan script, by someone attempting to make some logical sense out of the rumors (and possibly doing a good job of that, as the premise seems quite plausible from what I've seen)....but also at the same time, making a butchery of the dialog, and the plot, and kind of ruining the whole 'trek feel' of the movie in the process....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
William Shatner is 81 years old.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join