It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[MAD] We Didn't Act Quick Enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
September 17, 2011
President Obama hung up the phone, his fist balled on his desk in the Oval Office. The grandeur of the room briefly replaced in his mind with peeling wallpaper. He wasn't about to let that image come to pass. Napolitano was the first to join the President she uttered nothing more than "We're ready sir, the Mayors are ready to act and the Black Bloc is mobilizing". Obama gave a single nod without looking up.

Another phone call assured the President that the Media was on top of it. News Corp's Board already sent emails out to their network and station managers asking who these fools were yelling into the night, what's there to be mad about? Time Warner were to ignore it, GE to issue the apology for their anchor appearing on air while intoxicated and to be sympathetic but minimal in their coverage of the yelling.

In cities across the nation select CIA agents locked their Law Enforcement service guns and badges in their safes, slipped on their backpacks, set the timers and walked silently into the night. Not one ever looked back. When the crowds could be heard they tied on their black kerchiefs, doused their brick laden backpacks with lighter fuel and took up the chant. "We're mad as hell!"

John Boehner and Harry Reid were next to enter the Oval Office. Obama looked them each in the eye. "Get those Bills passed through. Our success is no longer guaranteed. We didn't act quick enough."

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I like it!

may come to pass yet.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Very very good Kali!

Who needs Black Bloc.............

You have more?

S&F

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

S&F But I thought we were supposed to write fiction stories.

Nice job.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks guys

No, I don't think it has to be fiction...but what I wrote there's no proof of anyway, well not enough

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

that was a cool read.. nice to see this contest tackled from a different perspective... those in the firing lines of the angry mob instead of the mobsters.. .

also this is random but after a day of being ripped on for not sinking to appeal to the lowest common denominator your signature was a really cool thing to see.. 'evolve or get out of the line' it sums up the problem nicely i think..

peace..
-TF

edit on 6-5-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So, Kali.... what happens next? I love the perspective this was written from, really original. You outside the box thinker you!! So we can expect the 2nd installment when?????

top topics

join