It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl Diaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just saw an ad for this movie yesterday at a bus stop, was kinda surprised only because here advertising a movie would be months in advance usually but I havent seen anything at all on this and here in the U.S it comes out this month.

Six tourists hire an extreme tour guide who takes them to the abandoned city Pripyat, the former home to the workers of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. During their exploration, they soon discover they are not alone.

IMDB

Im thinking another cheesy horror film using teenagers but at the same time I find the idea of all these years later, theres people or animals there that have mutated or become zombielike, never thought of anything like that with chernobyl...

Was just going to ask if this has come out in other countries but I see it hasnt, heres the release dates for anyone interested

Country Date
Greece 24 May 2012
Russia 24 May 2012
Canada 25 May 2012
Estonia 25 May 2012
Lithuania 25 May 2012
USA 25 May 2012
Australia 31 May 2012
New Zealand 31 May 2012
Argentina 7 June 2012
Portugal 7 June 2012
Sweden 8 June 2012
Netherlands 14 June 2012
Denmark 21 June 2012
Germany 21 June 2012
UK 22 June 2012
Chile 7 July 2012
France 11 July 2012
Brazil 13 July 2012
Finland 31 August 2012
Norway 7 September 201

I think I would watch simply because its Chernobyl, I was so young when it happened and didnt know about it until a few years ago, its always a fascinating topic

What does ats think?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
wow that looks like a cool movie

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I saw the trailer for it and it looks like it could be good. I don't have any theaters anywhere near me so I have to wait for the dvd

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is by the guy that did the Paranormal Activity movies. He's got another one coming out next year about some people that get inside Area 51 and find out it's "secrets". At least this movie is rated R so it has a chance of actually being good. We will see though...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Looks OK.
Whenever I see doc's or other programs about Chernobyl it always looks and feels really creepy.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It will be a very bad, ultracheesy teen pseudo-horror movie with crappy CGI effects, no atmosphere and a lot of flaws. Just your typical horrible US horror movie that wouldn't even scare an old grandmother.
After all, it's written by the same team that wrote horrible crap like Titanic 2, Mega Python vs. Gatoroid and 6 Guns with a guy making his director debut and a cast of unknown TV actors.
If this gets more than a 4.0/10 on IMDB i would be completely surprised.

top topics

join