Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Calling All Carnivores Tell Us Why It’s Ethical to Eat Meat: A Contest, A Summary, A Winner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Because Iam not a cannibal, but if my cat or dog was hungry I would feed a dead person to them, and if I was hungry enough who knows I may even eat you

Iam all for a carrion burial, just put me in a feild/on a mountain and let all the animals get their own back and they can eat me

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

Do you agree with eating dolphins? they sure taste good don't they, perhaps, if humans were as delicious and nutritious as dolphins, we would be eating each other and would have never evolved past primitive society

edit on 5-5-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

I would love to eat dolphins....just to damn hard to catch with a rod and reel.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

If you look at my post history outside of this thread you will know that I'm a supporter of an organic diet that includes the consumption of non processed meats.

I wanted to have the ATS community post their responses to the contest and winner submission without tainting their responses with my personal opinion.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think this Vegetarian stuff is BS. I think it is just a pedestal for some people to delude them selves into believing they are morally superior to everyone else.

You don't see meat eaters trying to ram their dietary habits down everyone's throats.(Pun intended) Humans have Canines for a reason, the biting and tearing of flesh. It's called evolution.

Vegans and vegetarians need to get over themselves and stop bugging everyone else. You don't want to eat meat? Fine, more for me. Just shut up about it.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
P. People
E. Eating
T. Tasty
A. Animals

That's what I always heard it meant.....At least in my group of friends.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It is ethical to eat meat because we need the protein to
sustain ourselves.I would like all food animals to be treated
well before they are slaughtered.I would like them to be killed
in a humane fashion.
I eat fish,chicken,turkey and beef.I don't eat shellfish,pork or
any animal that is unclean.Why would people want to eat
shellfish after those oil spills in the gulf?
My husband flew a beechcraft bonanza over a hog farm once.
The stench from that hog farm caused him to heave,he was over
600 feet above the farm.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Fair enough

I am not a fan of processed meats either, "Au naturale baby" - Creed Bratton
Goto 0.16sec in the clip.

Not quite the right reference but it was the first thing that came to mind - Natural!!

In all seriousness though, I don't think there is anything wrong with meat, but each to their own

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
See the thing is that plants are living things as well... we feed off death. The life of a plant is just as precious as the life of an animal. So eating plants is just as unethical from an objective viewpoint

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I spat my tea out at the last bit "swing low sweet chariots" classic

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Creed Baton is the best

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

Originally posted by Havick007

It's not about Ethics...

It's about evolution and survival. We wouldn't be the people we are today without the vitamins we gained from eating meat.

We are animals just like all the others on the planet... well most are

There is a food cycle and we eat meat coz we like it and it contains vitamins and minerals that are good for bodies. Get over it!

hehe now I feel like a porterhouse steak cooked medium!! YUM!!

Have you ever seen a vegan, pale and skinny :S
edit on 5-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

It is no longer about evolution or survival

Thats only because it hasnt come to that yet, atleast for most of us........

if you were given a dead human why not eat it? is it not unethical that the meat is going to waste? Reductio ad absurdum

Rugby team resorts to canibalism to survive

Humans are animals, as stated above, and eat other animals to survive......

Canibalism happens rarely and mostly when having to , to survive.....keep in mind that the practice of this regularly is risky due to disease......

I can tell you know if you were thrust into a survival situation , and there were fish and other small game available.......ANYONE would eat meat to survive.........I dont care how vegetarian someone is....

It has nothing to do with ethics, and everything to do with the human makeup , and evolving to be omnivores.....

Had this not happened we probably wouldnt be here....

How can someone say that eating plants is anymore ethical then eating animals?

Has it not been proven that plants feel pain as well?

Just because people do not recognize their change in state outwardly, and there is no animated , visual stimuli to appeal to peoples emotional reactions....

Just because one doesnt want to recognize it, doesnt make it not so.........

All things must feed........

edit on 5-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
As mentioned in an early one of my posts...I believe in an organic diet including non processed meats.

Here's something that in my opinion, I feel more people need to be aware of;

May 19 Food Revolution Day

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I eat 90% organic. I grow a garden and get most of my veggies from that garden. I also however eat tons of different animals. Most are wild and therefore free range. I hunt, kill, skin, clean, and process my own meat. If anything I would feel I am more closely aligned with earth then about 99% of all the vegetarians. I live off the land and conserve and give back everyday. I only take what I eat and I kill the animals myself.

This IS the NATURAL order of life and I follow and practice this everyday.

How can this be bad??

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

lmao! Yes I know right!!! Fav character on the office

Topic;

Love meat

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

woah! I missed that post you quoted about eating humans...

I'd like to add to that though;

No way no how! That's just me though, No matter what the situation I think there would always be an alternative to eating another human, I could not do it!!

It's just not right

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

I'm not sure how you got the impression that I believe eating an organic diet including meat was something I considered "bad"...in actuality I'm promoting your diet choices.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It's easy to say "no way" with a pantry full of food and 25 fast food joints between you and work. However put into a situation where there is no other choice I think you would find 90% of the worlds population would resort to eating humans if they HAD to. You will never truly know until put in that situation.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The bad question wasn't directed at you specifically just a question in general.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Because if we don't eat meat, cows and pigs will eat US!

or

Because its morally wrong to eat veggies they ARE living things

Reel Big Fish said it best here

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Okay for any vegetarians in this thread I really do apologise up-front for this clip!

If your not into eating meat then please don't watch this clip coz you might be offended (Lame Disclaimer
)

Bacon Strips!!!!

Although I prefer natural meats and a good pure steak.... I also love a good burger

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join