It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Whom it May Concern.... The British People Will NOT Yield... This is Why...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Before giving a history lesson to others you should get your facts right, many cities were blitzed NOT JUST London.

Still agree though, our victory had very little to nothing to do with the Americans, any equipment they gave us was ALL paid for.
We had the Axis on the run following El Alamein before American troops even entered action.

Their big victory in World War 2 was being able to occupy us, the British Empire as we were then, without us even firing a bullet. I always think it is rather fishy how Churchills' mother was American and it was him who sold the UK down the river to THEM.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Most english are not even true britons, but the decendants of the anglo-saxon savages who pillaged their way across the British Isles when they decided they didn't want to be river and sea raiders anymore. The real Britons were the Celts and their decendants the Welsh whom the Anglish drove into their mountain fortresses in Wales. The Anglos were an offshoot of the Nordic Viking peoples. As for wannabe invaders, the Anglish held those Isles for over 1000 years and still have them, killing is in their DNA, waiting like a sleeping dragon.

A lie told for many years, I suspect to make the persecution of Wales Scotland and Ireland easier.

en.wikipedia.org...

about two-thirds of English people's ancestors are Paleolithic settlers who migrated from the western European Ice Age refuge in Paleolithic Iberia, comprising three-quarters of British people's ancestors

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Is wikipedia seriously considered a reliable source on ATS? If it wasn't good enough for my essays when I was 14 it shouldn't be good enough for a serious discussion as an adult.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's funny how the English think they have a culture that isn't on the same beat as the USA. Like you have such strange and different quarks to you. Differences yes, but the similarities are too many to list and are so funny when made fun of. Anything you accuse the American public of, you can say of the English. There is nothing to really set yourselves apart.

In the end we have all been force fed the same culture with minor differences. Your history and your mannerisms, that's it. The rest is cloned so keep laughing. You are in desperate need of mirrors.

edit on 7-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

There are some of us that are willing to fight and if need be, die for our country but we also have a great many cowards who suck up to the square mile like leeches.

I am willing to die for freedom come hell or high water.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Wikipedia is pretty accurate, the problem is the same as any information source anyone who can't be bothered to double check must suffer the indignity of being shown up from time to time.

news.cnet.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Speaking as an American, this is something I want to see happen. But it must be our choice and should not be imposed upon us by some foreign country.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

There is no doubt that the U.S. has a massive Military presence in the U.K. If the people of the U.K. are not aware of how massive that is THEIR fault. I can tell you one thing about the United States and it's citizens...because of the way our Military is structured and as well as being an ALL VOLUNTEER HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL FORCE...that swears allegiance to DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNTITED STATES...as well as being a highly desirable Field of Work to join as only the best and brightest are allowed to join....the U.S. Military connection to the U.S. People is a complex integrated TRUST as our Miltary is our Sons and Daughters...Fathers and Mothers and our Citizen Soldiers such as the Air National Guard and other reserve units are comprised of Mom's and Dad's who word during the Week and Train on the Weekends.

We would know exactly who and where any foreign troops are on our soil and many countries send their Troopss or Flyers to the U.S. for training as just a few months ago U.K. Pilots were sent to a Large Airbase near my home to participate manuvers with a U.S. Air Reserve Group of F-15 Jockeys. The Flyers from the U.K. were Publicly Welcomed and were treated to many special events and treats.

The point is...The Public Knew! Now as far as U.S. Bases in the U.K....there is a long history of this with many of these bases being constructed during WWII. The U.K. asked that U.S. Military Bases continue to opperate during the Cold War and many are still opperating sometimes at a High Level.

The U.K. does not have the resources or the ability to defend the U.K. at a level that it now enjoys without the U.S. and although I have Great Respect for the U.K. Military as well as it's people to be able to deal with great difficulties...such as the Blitz and how the people lived in the Underground Transportation Tunnels...this would not suffice to protect them today if a Middle Eastern Country was able to launch an ICBM at them and the U.S. Navy currently is the only ABM protection that the U.K. or the rest of Europe has to meet this threat.

The U.S. cancelled it's deployment and construction of an ABM site in Poland which was to include joint participation of Russia and Russian Radar Sytems as well as Czech Radar. Putin was against it and although the U.S. cancelled this deployment...it was not because of Russian pressure. A few years ago two breakthroughs were made that rendered this site in Poland obsolete. 1. A breakthrough in High Energy long Burn Solid Rocket Fuel which turned the standard antiaircraft missle aboard all Aegis Cruisers which accompany all U.S. Carriers into ABM's as well as Satellite Killers. This missle...the SM-3 demonstrated this ability a short while ago as it shot down a falling satellite with a dangerous Hydrozene Booster tank and not only scored a direct hit but exploded the Hydrozene tank in orbit as the satellite was traveling at more than 18,000 miles per hour.

The other breakthrough...2. Was the sucessful test of the FEL or Free Electron Laser which Discover Magazine has stated that a Nuclear Powered Version of the FEL can burn a hole through 1000 Feet of solid steel in seconds.

These two systems stand ready to defend the U.K. against any and all ICBM attacks. Split Infinity

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You miss the whole point. I am not arguing about the US military being all powerful. And, yeah on the surface we are all happy little friends..

The British people did not ask for these bases to remain after WW2 and there was a lot of protests about them during the Cold War, they make the UK a target. It was an Americanophile politician who invited the bases to be opened and the exact details of what happened post war and the bases staying will probably never be known for true.
Yes, we would probably be fighting along side you if we were given the choice, but again, not the point.

Recently our 'defence' budget has had cuts so not sure of todays ranking but until 2010 we had the second biggest defence budget in the World, second only to the US. Yet, of all the countries in Europe, we are the ones needing so much help with defence?
Also, not sure of many details about it, but the T45 'Daring' class is supposed to have some sort of 'ABM' capability too, the radar can track and target satellites, I think we are just waiting on the longer range 'Aster 45s' coming on line to have the full capability.

You really think Russia would try to invade a nuclear armed country? They wouldn't go for Poland or somewhere else soft instead? IF AT ALL. And please tell me what Middle Eastern country is coming to invade? No Middle Eastern country has the logistics behind them to be able to send a force to Northern Europe to fight, let alone attack us.

Fact is, pre-WW2 we were a rival and a perceived threat to the US. The blatant profiteering helped put us 'over a barrel' with you financially, a power you exerted during the Suez Crisis and the bases (120+) helped ensure that never again would the 'UK' be allowed to rise. If you want to defend your countries profiteering go ahead, but remember that if WE hadn't of stood up in 1939 YOU would be speaking German or Japanese now.
If we are all happy friends then why when Maynard Keynes begged US Congress for 'Justice' did they send him home with his tail between his legs?

The New World Order IS the American Empire of which the 'UK' is nothing but a puppet state.

And please, sorry if I come across as a tadge Anti-American, I'm not overly, i will admit to having a hatred of large swathes of 'Irish-Americans' but that is to do with something completely separate and not too much to do with the rest of your country.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

If the U.K. really wanted these bases gone...they could achieve this. Of course this would not be held as a sign of cooperation by the U.S. and would probably cause questioning of the U.S. allowing the U.K. to be able to recieve Super Advanced U.S. Military Weapons or partake in Tech. exchange of which the U.S. is far in advance compared to the U.K....but if the U.K. really wanted us to leave...we would leave.

This of course makes no sence as the U.K. benifits greatly from this partnership and the Gains far outweigh the Risks. As far as the U.K.'s ABM...the U.K. understands that the U.S. is right now installing Direct Energy Defence Systems or the FEL...Free Electron Lasers that are Nuclear Powered on all U.S. Aegis Cruisers as well as all U.S. Carriers and several Ground Based FEL's are already deployed. This system is an ULTIMATE WEAPON that will make ICBM's and Nuclear Weapons OBSOLETE.

If the U.K. wants in on this system...and it does...it will play ball as the U.S. has been preparing for the day of this systems full instalation. This is one of the main reasons the U.S....even when Russia was on it's knees...agreed to reduce U.S. ICBM's and change Minute Man III ICBM's from three Warheads to one. The FEL will have Speed of Light capabilities and with a Mirrored Sat system...ability to Hit any target anywhere on the Globe.

This system will change the face of war and the U.K. knows this...and they want in. Split Infinity

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Our politicians would never ask for these bases to be removed, they are NWO puppets.

I also have no doubt about how advanced the US military is, that's not what the point of this debate is.

When we signed up to the JSF we were supposed to get share of the technologies researched, yet now this is all being with held from us, why is that? (My tax money being used to research US weapon systems.)
Or the 'extradition treaty' were you can have me extradited to the US with a minimal of evidence but I would have little to no chance of getting you extradited to here.

We can dream, but lets say 'UKIP' came to power and pulled us out of the EU and used the money saved to rebuild our military, as they have said they would do. Would America REALLY give up all those strategic bases in the UK as easily as you say?
All hypothetical of course as the NWO would never let UKIP come to power.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

The importance of those bases will decline extremely fast as the FEL system is installed. This will happen in the same way that the Polish Base designated for land based ABM's was rendered obsolete by the New SM-3 ABM which had a incredible range and ship deployment made sense from both mobility and practicality.

Current U.S. bases in the U.K. will be drawn down as the FEL continues to be installed and very soon...you will not have to worry about those bases. Split Infinity

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I think we can agree to disagree on this one m8

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paposan
No matter who we are with, we often think things like, "I am stronger than him", "I am morre beauitful than her", "I am more intelligent", and so forth - we generate much pride. This is not good. Instead, we should always remain humble. (Dalai Lama)

I am British and I am proud and ashamed in equal measures of this Islands role in history. Shouldnt we all be a little more compassionate and aware rather than always being on the attack. We all stand on the same rock that is our world and at the moment it has its troubles, rather than standing a part, why not together.

Your mind and thinking is driven by the neuro pathways your thoughts craft, negativity leads to negativity, anger only leads to anger - chill, remove that mental turbidity and make less Doomwatch posts.

Thinking positive might not change the world but it might start the change in others.

Brilliant first post friend, welcome to ATS! Can always do with more of you.

As an evicted mongrel down in Oz, your combined histories have taught us everything we know and our own added layers of multiculturalism has only enhanced our flavour, your rich passionate pasts are inspiring and lessons all at once. Don't sell yourselves so short.
Our adolescent country looks to all those far older to help shape our future here, we are open to all ideas imo.
We have the same rubbish handling at times, from our own politics, but when the people have had enough those responsible get booted.
Our corporate machine is winding down too, and not before time, it's just well hidden behind our mining, and as the ops suggests there will come a time when you will need to remember who you are, but fair go for all no matter what would make me proud to call you guys mates still.

Australia, England, UK, beautiful to visit, bloody expensive to live! and that is the cattle train that keeps every one fettered.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Sorry the romans didnt conquer briton !
they built hadrians wall and the antonine wall to keep the picts out !
because they were just that mental !

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
BRB, off to sharpen the blades on me chariot.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by biggilo

If the U.K. really wanted these bases gone...they could achieve this. Of course this would not be held as a sign of cooperation by the U.S. and would probably cause questioning of the U.S. allowing the U.K. to be able to recieve Super Advanced U.S. Military Weapons or partake in Tech. exchange of which the U.S. is far in advance compared to the U.K....but if the U.K. really wanted us to leave...we would leave.

This of course makes no sence as the U.K. benifits greatly from this partnership and the Gains far outweigh the Risks. As far as the U.K.'s ABM...the U.K. understands that the U.S. is right now installing Direct Energy Defence Systems or the FEL...Free Electron Lasers that are Nuclear Powered on all U.S. Aegis Cruisers as well as all U.S. Carriers and several Ground Based FEL's are already deployed. This system is an ULTIMATE WEAPON that will make ICBM's and Nuclear Weapons OBSOLETE.

If the U.K. wants in on this system...and it does...it will play ball as the U.S. has been preparing for the day of this systems full instalation. This is one of the main reasons the U.S....even when Russia was on it's knees...agreed to reduce U.S. ICBM's and change Minute Man III ICBM's from three Warheads to one. The FEL will have Speed of Light capabilities and with a Mirrored Sat system...ability to Hit any target anywhere on the Globe.

This system will change the face of war and the U.K. knows this...and they want in. Split Infinity

Splits quote above is the reality of today

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
All a bit of a moot point now - we, like the rest of the western world yielded to the god of consumerism years ago.
The way consecutive governments see it - if you are not a consumer you are nothing. They can't sell you anything so no point in aiming the political machine at you - you don't count.
In times of financial hardship for many, we now have a government that is representative of no-one (excepting the super rich of course ) I have never known a time when almost the whole populace is disenfranchised from their own political system.

Education, educaton, education - unfortunately a decent education may only be got by paying for it.
God forbid the cannon fodder should be well educated - they might realise how rotten their life is and develop higher expectations and where would the profit be in that?
Never mind that our children are among the unhappiest in the developed world - are they making anyone a profit?
If not, they don't matter.

As a nation, we have sleep-walked into being the most watched nation on earth - but hey stick it on TV and call it light entertainment and what's the harm? No matter that even in a peaceful protest, your image is being scrutinised, recorded and retained for future use.
As last years troubles/riots prove, you can get a hefty sentence for stealing a bottle of water or a pack of doughnuts and more to the point, you are forever in the 'system' for further scrutiny.

Yes, the brit is fierce in anger, but they mostly make good armchair warriors and pub philosophers and until something affects them personally, apathy rules the waves.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
thats just it though , if we go against the current political system without playing the system, we are branded dissidents and terrorists.
We cant or dont want to play the system because its already corrupt so there is no chance any other new party would win !

People wont want to associate with a new party which has been birthed from ATS members because we are mostly branded conspiracy theorist loonies !

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

Sajuek, I like your passion, but you havent got a clue brother.

There Were 300,000 Australian Volunteers in the First WW, who fought in Europe.
There were 60,000 deaths, still a tragic figure, but no where near your "Esimate"

There were 2 million German Soldiers killed, 1.4 million French and 1.0 million British.

The Soldier the Germans feared the most???...Guess What...It was the Australians.
1. Because they were there to do a job and did it.
2. Because they didnt take prisoners!! Where were they going to take them to.... Sydney???

Ive watch many a TV special over the past 30 years, with many interviews of soldiers of all nations, with respect to WW1. Many an old German WW1 Soldier spoke of the fear of the Aussies, especially the bayonets.

My Great Uncle (mother's Uncle) died in France, and he was a second generation GERMAN/Australian!!

Also, you have no knowledge of history.
Australia wasnt a nation until 1901. There was NO Australian Government in the 1800s.
The States were still individual Colonies. Each with its own Army, Government, laws, etc.

Australian Pilots also flew in the Battle of Britain, but made a greater impact as Bomber crews for the Lancasters over Germany. The Australian Air force is one of the oldest in the World..from WW1 (Britain is older), protocol at the time required the Australian Airforce, to support Army activities, tho they still had over 30 experienced pilots in the BoB.

Sorry to hyjack thread, but sajuek's rant needed to be clarified.

Anyway, Back to Britain argument again fellows..........

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join