It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars - What is this? Pareidolia or a real face on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Next time instead of trying to be objective in my thread title, I'll just say "proof - Aliens on Mars" Then that might attract some attention like all the other junk that pollutes ATS nowadays

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I wasn't looking for a face though...

It stood out when i skimmed past that part of the area.. I wasn't expecting to see a face at all actually

And that is not how it works. You don't have to expect anything to see a face or other shapes in noise.
It is just how our brains work..

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Art ("natural" or human-made) imitates life no matter what scale it's on....

It takes awhile to understand what that actually means...

edit on 5-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

ok go through the rest of the raw image in that scale of detail, how many faces do you see?

Please tell me?

Call it a challenge

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

joking about what? i can see heaps of stuff when i look at these pics. even when i invert my screen, there they are, more life like objects!!

illusion is a bitch, you see what you want to see. (or in this case what your told)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

In the rest of the image all I see are rocks and natural formations, It's the things that stand out from the 98% of the rest that are interesting...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You saw the face straight away yeah?
I didn't, to me it doesn't even look like a face.

In the JP2 versions (instead of the Google version), it looks much different.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ooh no as soon as I saw you had replied I didnt want to read it! You always ruin me Armap!!

Show us the close-up then... come on I know you love it

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Also it wasnt the google version it was the jpeg(standard) from the HiRise site, well actually actually I guess they are one in the same.

So what do I need to download almost 1.5Gb for 1 image?

That was pretty quick for you, you must have good b/width???

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

eventually you will find a face or building or shape in a chaotic random landscape, if you keep looking.
but i am not saying its natural.dont get me wrong, some pics show clear "straight line pixels" and accurate 90 degree bends with other "odd" anomalies that i highly doubt are arranged by chance.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by juleol

ok go through the rest of the raw image in that scale of detail, how many faces do you see?

Please tell me?

Call it a challenge

Why is it so hard for you to believe that it is pareidolia?? The fact that not everyone can see the same as you should be a hint that it aint really a face.
And take a look at the example I posted in this thread. You can see faces and shapes in nearly everything if you look hard enough. But seems like you want to believe so much that you ignore facts.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

People are seeing a face though??

It's okay if you want to justify it with paredoilia... no probs

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Come on Armap where are the close-ups??

I have a 20mbps connection and the JP2(Extra's) is still downloading so then how did you get that JP2 so quickly after my OP?? Did you happen to have that image on stand-by or are you still waiting for it to download and "analyse" properly coz those images you posted weren't JP2, it was the same image with different color filters applied...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Also you said "In your image it doesn't look like a face" that's fine coz your images weren;t the best... sorrry but it's true.

What about in my image, did it look like a face? Your honest opinion?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by 1beerplease

your joking right?

'1beerplease' seeing a flaming skull in that image (which I can see too, now that he mentions it) is exactly the same as you seeing a face in the OP image. It's just your brain trying to build familiar patterns out of what it sees -- even when it is looking at 'random' nature.

Seeing a flaming skull in that picture, seeing a face in the OP picture, and seeing a rabbit shape or dragon shape in a cloud is all the same concept.

edit on 5/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The 2nd photo has a structure looking very much like a pyramid or triangular in shape. This pyramid is very tiny looking from the satellite view but in actuality very large. Go to middle top of 2nd photo and go down about one inch you will see the structure. Life is all over the planet Mars contrary to what most experts will lead you to believe.

If you look right of the ^ pyramid ^ about approx.130 degree angle you will see an enormous head, face, eye, mouth and gills super imposed on the surface. The gills are actually huge structures similar to Quonset huts. The Martians I call Martonians are masters of disguise. There are other faces in the light portion of photo.

There is a mommoth in size structure equal on both sides looking much like this design ( ) looks to be flat and raised very high from the surface again located in the light portion of photo. Take your time you will eventually see the anomalies. ^Y^

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It's hard to post an OP without explaining the purpose of the OP to begin with... Do you see my dilemma. I understand what ur saying and I would rather not explain what is in the pic to begin with but due to ATS thread guidelines I kinda have to...

Ok then I will try to put it into persepctive -

What do you see in this pic?

Any faces or interesting (abnormal) objects??

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

Which photo? Do you mean the first series or the second photo i posted further down?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ok then I will try to put it into persepctive -

What do you see in this pic?

[pic *snipped*]

Any faces or interesting (abnormal) objects??

I see the face of an old man with a prominent brow ridge, sunken eyes, big nose, and a bushy mustache:

So, yes -- I see a face, but I wouldn't call that "abnormal". It's as abnormal as seeing a cloud that looks like an alligator or a rabbit.

edit on 5/5/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The first series of photos you posted and I will take a look at the other photos and tell you what I see. There are portions of Mars that I call tattooing the surface it takes a trained eye to see these images. ^Y^

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join