It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars - What is this? Pareidolia or a real face on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi All,

I was not going to post this but after seeing that post about glass dunes on Mars I thought maybe I should share....

Glass dunes prove nothing in regard to life on Mars... Heat and sand = glass....

To the topic;

First of all I will show a top down view and move closer in and also share a link to the raw image courtesy of HiRise. I would like to know what you guys think

Raw Image (HiRise Link -)

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Greyscale Jpeg Raw

I'm open to opinion!
Also remember at this scale, it's very close to some large statues we have today on Earth... or large people

This isn't some massive face, it's very close to the scale we would use on statues and large sculptures.

As always happy hunting on M

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If one goes to Bryce and Zion canyons in Utah,. with a little imagination you can make out faces in the rocks and sandstone formations all day long..and here is the bonus... its right here on earth...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Pareidolia...but that's still a rather spooky image.

Even if it's not a real face, pictures like this are still interesting.

Nice find!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Pareidolia... and it doesn't even look that much like a face. I'm curious as to why you zoomed in so far on that particular point?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I agree with pareidolia in alot of ways and I have been caught up in it in the past on more ways than I want to admit
but I will say this; compare the rest of the image - I mean the entire image and all the small details with the close up I shared.... There is nothing similiar in the entire region... To me that part is interesting

It's not like I am seeing faces everywhere in the entire image.... You saw the face straight away yeah? So what is that combined pareidolia??

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Call it a hobby... I guess.

When I'm bored and have nothing to do I check out Mars and it's surface... I haven't done it for awhile but just happen to come across that image randomly.

It's not just the face that's interesting.. it's the backing behind the face and the shape.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
it's an interesting idea, mars had water, maybe life, maybe they came to earth because mars was dying ?

maybe they left behind signs of their civilization ?

faces that look human ?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I am more inclined to believe there are those that "want" to see a face. than being unable to separate the notion that it is just coincidence it looks like a face.
Also,.. with that recent image of the "Glass Dunes" the pics of mars that appear to show water existed and that if in fact the dunes were sand and are now "glass" would tell me the sun did that with a massive CME

edit on 5-5-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I wasn't looking for a face though...

It stood out when i skimmed past that part of the area.. I wasn't expecting to see a face at all actually

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Does your post have a point or just patronizing questions?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Does your post have a point or just patronizing questions?

I was being serious. why else would there be human faces on mars ?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I don't know.. I guess that's why I am posting here

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Any thought's on this image near the eastern rim of Endeavour Crater?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

looks like a womens face to me. although no matter what anyone says on this forum they cant prove or dis prove that it is or isn't.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Any thought's on this image near the eastern rim of Endeavour Crater?

dont know whats in the circle, but i see a sorta flaming skull and teeth to the left

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Call it a hobby... I guess.

When I'm bored and have nothing to do I check out Mars and it's surface... I haven't done it for awhile but just happen to come across that image randomly.

It is an interesting region for a number of reasons; there are both weathered impact craters and signs of water flow. I am almost tempted to interpret the high albedo areas as salt deposits. If you are a Mars buff, I suggest you check this site out:

ralphaeschliman.com...

I want to get one of his Lambert's projection maps to hang on my wall!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

your joking right?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
well so much for denying ignorance... As time goes on, this forum seems to increase in ignorance....

Kinda sad really

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

For sure pareidolia as i don't even see the face in those pictures myself.
Personally I find this one a lot more impressive:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

reminds me of this

atlasobscura.com...

Located in southeastern Alberta, Canada, near Medicine Hat, this great geological wonder can only be seen from high above the ground.

Nevertheless, its humanoid details are stunning when one considers that human hands took no part in shaping this large mass of rock. The profile was formed by the erosion of rainwater on layers of clay-rich soil.

Viewed from the air, the feature bears a strong resemblance to a human head wearing a full First Nations headdress. In a humorous (or tragic) turn, the additional man-made structures make it appear to be wearing earbuds, like an enormous ipod commercial.

The headphone’s wires are formed by a dirt road, and the earpiece is formed by an oil well where the road ends. The Badlands Guardian is only one of many geological and landscape oddities that have recently been discovered using Google Earth images.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join