It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Baffling Boast...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Obama's Baffling Boast...

Even some of Barack Obama's friends are shaking their heads at the YouTube ad where Bill Clinton praises the president for going after Osama bin Laden, then a text box sneers: "Which path would Mitt Romney have chosen?" Liberal blogmaster and Obama supporter Arianna Huffington told CBS This Morning the ad was "despicable". Even worse politically, it's baffling.

It would be naive to object that Barack Obama promised to do politics differently. That's what they all say ... right before landing a typical partisan cheap shot.

It's also naive to complain that the ad politicizes national security. Politics never really did stop at the water's edge in America, except briefly in the early Cold War.

The ad is nevertheless a crass blunder for two main reasons.

First, there has always been a taboo on bringing bring foreigners into America's quarrels or voicing your disagreements before foreign audiences. Obama has already trod on dangerous ground, grovelling rhetorically before foreign Muslims, and in one infamous case literally to the Saudi King, in deliberate contrast to his swaggering Republican predecessor.

[snip]
Who's your choice..

Source

edit on 5-5-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat May 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: shorten quote of article..IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
for a harvard guy, he does make you shake your head, like when he mentioned rush by name. he is very sensitive to media criticism, and he makes mistakes

the smart thing to do would have been run an ad giving credit to everyone else

leave the credit to himslef as implied

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I knew this was going to take a Ron Paul turn at some point.

Here's something to digest. Obama has shown leadership when many believed he could not. What freedoms have you lost? None. What freedoms have you gained? None. That's life. You're lucky to live in this country and have the freedoms that you do.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Here's something to digest. Obama has shown leadership when many believed he could not. What freedoms have you lost? None. What freedoms have you gained? None. That's life. You're lucky to live in this country and have the freedoms that you do.

Shown leadership how exactly? ignoring the Judicial process? by evicerating the constitution?
What freedoms have we lost? eh ... (NDAA) we can only be thrown in jail without any evidence just, accusation, for life and the key trown away,without any access to a lawyer or any way to defend ourselves? should the fuhrer insist?
All our internet activity can now be monitered legally? our Emails can be viewed by any government agency without a warrent?

Sorry to ask but what #ing planet have you been living on for the last 4 years?

edit on Sat May 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Im sure mittens would have done the very same thing. As the Nobel peace prize winner, did.
Would mittens have let us see the photos?
Nope, because its all a crock...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Shown leadership how exactly? ignoring the Judicial process? by evicerating the constitution?
What freedoms have we lost? eh ... (NDAA) we can only be thrown in jail without any evidence just, accusation, for life and the key trown away,without any access to a lawyer or any way to defend ourselves? should the fuhrer insist?
All our internet activity can now be monitered legally? our Emails can be viewed by any government agency without a warrent?

Sorry to ask but what f**king planet have you been living on for the last 4 years?

I live on the planet where words like "thrown", "monitored", and "warrant" are spelled correctly. It's called well-read and mature adult life, as opposed to paranoid dropout druggie life.

Who is "we", by the way? Are you a terrorist? NDAA just affirms the AUMF power the President already has, but is geared towards provisions for combating domestic terrorism. So, are you a terrorist?
edit on 5-5-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

Spellin good...you know like troof.

They are all worms in a rotten apple except Paul and we all know where the banksters have placed their money. Goodbye Obam and hello Mittens.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Aha, so thats the name of the game then? Just accuse someone of being a paranoid dropout druggie with bad spelling in order to deflect and divert attention from the real issues here... Your Great Leader made political capital from an issue that should be above and beyond politics.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Who is "we", by the way? Are you a terrorist? NDAA just affirms the AUMF power the President already has, but is geared towards provisions for combating domestic terrorism. So, are you a terrorist?

No, they might not be, but this kid is.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks for adding that video...it's very telling of the insanity American citizens have faced since 9/11 and their potential futures if change doesn't take place.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Sorry to ask but what f**king planet have you been living on for the last 4 years?

I live on the planet where words like "thrown", "monitored", and "warrant" are spelled correctly. It's called well-read and mature adult life, as opposed to paranoid dropout druggie life.

Who is "we", by the way? Are you a terrorist? NDAA just affirms the AUMF power the President already has, but is geared towards provisions for combating domestic terrorism.

Based on all the terrorist attacks we've been having recently, this makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I am not LUCKY to live in the US. I was born here and will die here. Living here is not a gift TPTB have given me. It's my right period!! People like you who feel society should shut up and fall into line because they are "lucky' to be here are the problem. You sir are spineless and I am glad you are not on my side. We are only as strong as our weakest link and your post tells me your about as strong as a macaroni necklace. When the people take back this once great country I hope they kick out everyone unwilling to fight for her constitution.....Incase you can't figure this out that would be people like you....

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I apologize in advance if your post was intended sarcastically...if not, what are your thoughts on Judge Napolitano piece on government faking terror plots?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
reply to post by boncho

Thanks for adding that video...it's very telling of the insanity American citizens have faced since 9/11 and their potential futures if change doesn't take place.

You know what is funny about that video. Is how it can easily be dismissed by most to say, "well obviously they aren't gonna take an 8 year old on a rendition flight..."

Well... Maybe not now. But if you read a few books on the war on terror, there are many cases where people were basically kidnapped, flown overseas and held in US sponsored Arab prisons because of little mix ups like common names or nefarious family members.

So I feel sad for that kid if he doesn't get this all sorted out before he reaches the age of majority, because it's not impossible there be a mix up. And with laws that have been passed, these mix ups are far easier.
edit on 5-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah make a ad with the dude who had 4 chances to do something about Bin Laden

And 4 times he made the wrong call.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Shrub got the ball rolling on this crap by signing the Patriot Act.

Not to let Obama off of the hook but you need to remember who put this crap in motion in the first place. This will allow you to attack a candidate more effectively. Obama could have put a stop to this crap but has only allowed it to continue.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't think many people realize the slippery slop the American citizens are on. I hate to use this example, regardless, it is still relevant for those that study history.. the Nazis implemented their plans bit by bit as is happening in America. Regretfully I feel that most will only realize after it is too late.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by auraelium

Shrub got the ball rolling on this crap by signing the Patriot Act.

Not to let Obama off of the hook but you need to remember who put this crap in motion in the first place. This will allow you to attack a candidate more effectively. Obama could have put a stop to this crap but has only allowed it to continue.

Joe Biden claims to have authored the Patriot Act. The early draft was during the Clinton admin. Here's an article about it.

www.washingtonsblog.com...
edit on 6-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Only if successful

Obama Admin Drafted Memo to Blame Military If Bin Laden Mission Failed

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That really does speak to the slime that is known as the fearless leader.

That is just pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join