It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phermone or other spray to attract birds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I believe that there is a way to attract birds to a person who is a targeted individual by spraying a phermone or other attractant on their possessions or vehicles. I looked on the internet first to see if it was already a discussed concept. I may be wrong, but I think this technology exists. It could be used for simple things to annoy a person, such as bird scratches or poop on the car, ranging to more serious things such as on a motorcycle, where the rider can be hit by the attracted birds at high speeds and could prove fatal if it knocks him off. Has anyone heard of this? I would like to find out where I could get access to the "sprays" or whatever they are. Thoughts?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

It does exist but you might need to spell it correctly to find it.
en.wikipedia.org...
As for where you can buy it, probably a "sex shop", a place that sells erotic "toys", outfits, other "equipment", etc.
Good luck with manufactured attractants.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think that they are refering to WOMEN, not to the feathered kind, besides, as far as I know, birds do not have a sense of smell, I may be wrong. Practically it would not be a very easy way to attract any animal or person to a target travelling fast, as the smell trail ( a bit like a Chemtrail, but sweatty ) would be wafted into the distance.

Episode 3 of ALPHAS covered this very subject last night, they pushed a very far fetched version of the idea, which would never be possible in real life, as the perpatrator would have accidently caused not only their own death but that of everyone near them, by that age. If the aim is to target a victim for recognition, a GPS signal from a phone or a tracking device would be the easiest, it is not worth re-inventing the wheel.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Qwenn because: spelling

P.S. The Pheromone sprays sold in adult shops are based on Pig sweat, or used to be, as these chemical reactions are normally based on signalling to other Pigs, it is debatible whether they would actually work on a different animal. Bees signal to other bees ( etc ) about feeding, danger amongst other things, but I doubt if any other species would recognise the signal.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Qwenn because: P.S.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Let me get this straight... You're trying to commit an untraceable murder by having someone knocked off a motorcycle at high speed by birds, using pheromones?

This could be an interesting discussion....
edit on 5/5/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Hey don't knock it, it worked for Alfred Hitchcock !

I think the idea may have been to use the birds as intimidation, not as guided missiles, although the mental image of an Ostrich jousting with a motorbike rider, conjours up something classic. Animals are just too chaotic for this kind of mission, they lack the understanding of the intent of the mission, perhaps Killer Tomato's would be better.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
I think that they are refering to WOMEN, not to the feathered kind, besides, as far as I know, birds do not have a sense of smell, I may be wrong. Practically it would not be a very easy way to attract any animal or person to a target travelling fast, as the smell trail ( a bit like a Chemtrail, but sweatty ) would be wafted into the distance.

Episode 3 of ALPHAS covered this very subject last night, they pushed a very far fetched version of the idea, which would never be possible in real life, as the perpatrator would have accidently caused not only their own death but that of everyone near them, by that age. If the aim is to target a victim for recognition, a GPS signal from a phone or a tracking device would be the easiest, it is not worth re-inventing the wheel.

P.S. The Pheromone sprays sold in adult shops are based on Pig sweat, or used to be, as these chemical reactions are normally based on signalling to other Pigs, it is debatible whether they would actually work on a different animal. Bees signal to other bees ( etc ) about feeding, danger amongst other things, but I doubt if any other species would recognise the signal.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Qwenn because: P.S.

Yea after I posted it I needed to research bird smells. It must be auditory then, like how they use those sparrow sirens to keep birds away from outdoor food places. Must be something sub sonic or similar.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
In my opinion Sonics is the answer to many problems and mysteries we currently have on good old Planet Earth, with the help of sound waves, we will be able to create solutions and answer many questions.

join