It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Countdown

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrism91
i'm still alive, it's a miracle!

Life is indeed a miracle. But you being STILL alive, is not a miracle, it's a given. You will still be alive after 1000 years have passed. After 10 000 years, you can still proclaim the same thing. And so on.

Life is eternal, only bodies experience birth and death - so why wouldn't you be "still alive"? You will ALWAYS be alive.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Are you still counting down? Shouldn't this thread be changed to 2013 since we all survived 2012

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Yes indeed, you're correct. Energy never dies but the real question is...does consciousness?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Lol apparently this thread is useless now that we've already survived 2012. I just didn't get all the hype about the world ending on that specific date, it was all absurd. Anyway, no matter what, people will still come up with other excuses that the world would end in the future, I wouldn't buy any of it...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wow, that was close, I'm still shaking !
Might be a good time to rename this forum, since 2012, well, was just 2012 after all wasn't it? How about calling it 2012-We hardly knew ya! or 2012 - It's ok, I found my car keys, or 2012? You said WHAT ? Or just call it E.O.T.W. ? just a thought. Or maybe we should just keep it until it rolls around again!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

Or just call it E.O.T.W. ? just a thought. Or maybe we should just keep it until it rolls around again!

How about TEOTWAWKI? The "As we know it" being the operative part of the anacronym. Of course we'd have to go back a ways further than 2012 to find the beginning of the end since as we knew it has been ending for a long damn time, most noticeably since 1912.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

Hey younger me, hows it going in 2012?
Still talking about the Mayans and the procession?

Thas coo

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

FinalCountdown
reply to post by FinalCountdown

Hey younger me, hows it going in 2012?
Still talking about the Mayans and the procession?

Thas coo

Everything about the ancients pertained to their connection with the earth and the stars. The stars were particularly interesting to them because they could predict patterns. This helped them the grow crops, it also allowed some to know when to migrate for wet and dry seasons. Taken further, they could see patterns on a greater scale not unlike our current understanding of mini ice age patterns.

As far as my surroundings go, there has been a stark difference in the weather patterns in my local area over the past two years. Just a week or so ago I had polar vortex's wreaking havoc on my vertebrae and 11 ft (no joke) ice cycles hanging over my head from my roof. It was colder here in northeast PA AT&T i me than the North Pole.

The ancients, Mayan included were interested in the start of a process. An early warning system....the pattern is changing and the time has been marked for preparation. Still hold true as far as I'm concerned. *shrug*.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Anyone else ever feel like doomsday prophecy dates like the whole 2012 ordeal are deliberately blown up, history is shady, interpretations of prophecies are deliberately blown way out of propotion for the sole purpose of terrifying individuals only to that supposed doomsday arrive and nothing happens to anyone.

Thereby in this process you condition the public to not read deep into anything regarding doomsdays/prophecies or warnings.. because they will remember how nothing materialized when so many warned it would.

It almost feels like the agenda is to have people asleep, naïve and critical of anything who would speak the truth and warn of coming disasters that could be true.

Or....

are humans just paranoid generally speaking, and let their imaginations run wild without any interference from TPTB?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Is there any " I survived 2012" t-shirts available?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If you missed it... the apocalypse ... the actually true truth ... go back in time and learn what happen in "space time" that ended it.
i800guswho.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Nuker

That's how it works!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Pastor

I would buy one

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Why is this thread still active? Its 2016 now so the countdown to the end of the Mayan Calendar is in the negatives

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAlien0men

I was wondering about this myself. 4 years in the negative.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Can't believe it's been 5 years since the whole world was destroyed already!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spectralmusic
Can't believe it's been 5 years since the whole world was destroyed already!

Can't believe there've been (at least) three doomsday predictions for 2017 thus far that haven't come true.
Nibiru last Sunday? Nope. I'm still alive and kickin' and I presume you folks are too.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: servovenford

I can beleive it. People can't let go the idea we're all screwed

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I can beleive it. People can't let go the idea we're all screwed

Good point.

Eventually, if we keep predicting the end of the world, the world will end, and someone will have predicted it for that time span. As that person or group faces their doom, they will bask in gratification of their correct predictions.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Like they say a broken clock is right twice a day (if analogue). There is always a chance "our world will end" its part of life. Yet all these predictions, have been wrong. Could it be, we can't predict these things. Beyond say the doomsday clock.

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join