It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural Season Eight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Sadam
thanks for posting. The fact that they could not wield the hammer is what I mean by they are not following the story of Thor's hammer. That is what I did not like about the episode. Over all I did pretty much like everything else. I did not remember seeing them leave the hammer anywhere so my impression was that they took it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This episode was a little different. It was the same monster, or at least parts of the same monster causing people to die in different locations. I like that this one was from Myan lore. However I do think the bigger issue hear is that Sam wants out of the life style. I think is great that he has a girl possibly waiting for him, but this could also mean the end of the show. Although they have stated Dean was gone for a year, so we can think Sam was hooked up for a portion of that time, I don't think a hunter can really stay out of the business. The monsters may very well find them if they want to.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Episode 2(the one with Kevin's mother)
-------------------------------------------------------
The woman is a badass and i loved her as a character.Of course after the possession by Crowley she's propably changed,so if and when we see her again will be a different person.
Thor's hammer was propably the real one and if Sam actually kept it,will propably mean that we will see Thor in an upcoming episode.The guys are noble enough to use the hammer and don't forget how the pagan gods are presented in the show.

Episode 3(the one with the mayan god)
-------------------------------------------------------
Good hunting episode and i agree that it was more about Sam wanting out than the monster itself.If they manage to close the gates of hell forever,then he will propably go for the normal life and it will be the end of the show.
I was hoping for more purgatory flashbacks,but we have an entire season for this,so i'll be patient

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Good to see you again Phantom. Where have you been the last few weeks?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just watched the next episode. I liked that it was a wear wolf story. Had not seen one of those in a while. I was not to crazy about the way it was told. Being done through the camera of the people involved was something different but making it last for the entire episode to me was kind of a bit to much. The character that survived to me could be a good one to bring back. That has not been happening to often in the past but still it could.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Good to see you again Phantom. Where have you been the last few weeks?

Wasn't in a very good mood(real life sucks) and didn't want to turn your thread(or any thread as a matter of fact) into a rant.
Now i'm back and as soon as i watch the new episode i will comment.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This must have been the worst episode in 8 seasons.WTH they were thinking?

A)Not much Dean and Sam
B)The shaky camera almost made me dizzy(i hate all the movies made this way)
C)The kids were completely stupid...I mean you are supposed to be a film fan and when something hairy jumps at you and bites you you wonder what it was?
D)it wasn't consistent with the werewolf lore that they introduced in the episode "Heart".In that episode the werewolf was changing only during full moon,here it was more like changing everytime it got angry.

And i can go on forever....

Anyway i hope the next one will be better.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Welcome back. If you would like to talk more about real life or just rant send me a message. We can talk all you like.
As to the episode I wont go so far as to say it was the worst. It was not that great though, and I do think the character that survived could be a good one to have come back some time. Over all it was just something a little different, just not any better.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Just got done with the next episode. I got to admit I liked it. A vampire hunting episode mixed in with more info of Dean getting out of purgatory. Like I said a few episodes ago I do think Benny will make a good addition to the show, as he did in this one. We also learned more about Sam during the time of Deans absence also. If it was desired to bring Sams girlfriend into the present I think that could be done also but I doubt it will happen. The last scene in this episode was a little shocking at first, but then I kind of chuckled about it, I had never seen Sam look so angry at Dean, haha.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This one was not a bad hunting episode. Again I liked the way we learned a little more about the girl Sam was with. The surprising part was that Bobby was brought up. Garth being some what of an interesting character him self would not exactly be my first choice as a replacement for Bobby, but he does seem to get the job done in his own way.
Peace out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This year i feel like a student again.Skipping school all the time

Anyways both episodes were very good.Both gave a lot of background information and i must admit the one with the vampires was really awesome.
I loved Benny and his story and it explained why Dean really trusted him.After that episode i admit i started watching an old vampire show,"Forever Knight".It got me stuck with vampires again.

The last episode was between tragedy and fun.The ghost story part was good.I liked how the spirit of the soldier was jumping from one person to another and "salt and burn" didn't solve the problem.Dean's outburst was something he really needed and i think that it's not over yet.He is really disappointed at both Sam and Cas and this will propably make him to take some bad decisions or even give ground to Crowley to use it,coz all those years the real power of the Winchesters was that they were a strong team.

Garth was really funny and a good addition to the episode.Replacing Bobby is going to be hard,but at least we will get a good laugh when he's around.I loved how he used Bobby's expressions,like idjits,and how Dean looked at him every time he did.

Welcome back. If you would like to talk more about real life or just rant send me a message. We can talk all you like.

Hey thanks for the offer,i'm fine just some setbacks,nothing serious.

See you

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Great to see you again.
Thanks for the comments. I liked forever knight a lot also. It has been quite a while since I have watched it, so don't remember how it ended.
Hope to see another post from you soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I currently watch the second season and guess who is my favourite character.....Lacroix....the bad guy

I'll try to be around more often.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

So hear we go again, always seem to have to like the bad ones.

Jokeing aside I just liked the show.
Sending you a PM also.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yep that's me.Bad boys always seem to catch my attention.

I heard that Supernatural will propably go for 2 more seasons.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
, you know the good boys can be eye catching also you know......

Two more seasons wow, would not have thought that with Sam saying he will be quitting. But any way thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I wouldn't have thought about it either and after they close the gates of hell what will be left?But then again they can strech the closing of hell gates for two more seasons or there will be a new villain or they will return to the old hunting the monster of the week episodes.
I guess CW wants to milk the cow dry.Padalecki and Acles have signed or agreed (not sure about it),so Sam isn't leaving the show.

I hope whatever they are planning to do,to work,coz i would hate to see Supernatural hit rock bottom.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Even if they close the gates I am sure they can come up with another way to hunt the monsters. It was Sam stating that he wanted out that made me think this might be it for the show. But even that can be worked around. Hunting is the family business so even if Sam does go back to his girl friend the monsters can find him easy enough. Or he could change his mind all together. I took it to literal that he will be quitting but with this show its been proven many times that anything can happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well this story did bring in some new pieces of information. We now know the former profit is dead. There is a line of people who are all in line to be the next profit when this one dies, and Cas is back. Crowley has half the tablet to close the gates, but what I think will be the most interesting is Naomi. If this is a lady who has command over all the angels in heaven, and has the power to summon Cas, and to make him forget they were even talking, just who is this person? I do think things are getting interesting.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Cas is back!Cas is back!Cas is back!Cas is back!(ok i'll send the 5 year old to bed and let the adult take over
)

I had a feeling that he wasn't dead.I'm so happy that we are going to see him as a regular again.
Crowley stopped playing around and took his role as the king of hell more serious.The thing with the 7 prophets was very good and i thought was really funny that they thought they were abducted by aliens.His face when they were telling him about the mothership was priceless.

Naomi (btw i love Amanda Tapping) is going to be a very interesting character.When Cas returned i thought it was god that brought him back,but this was getting old.When she appeared and talked to Cas my jaw dropped . She is second in command or something.I look forward for her next appearance.We might even learn where god is.

I loved the discussion between Cas and Dean.How he tried to make Dean stop feeling guilty.I think after that we'll get to see a little more from the old Dean.

So far the best episode of the season.Good job Supernatural team!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join