It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural Season Eight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have not heard that there will be a season eight, but if there is one or you just want to talk about what you would have liked to happen hear is a place it can be talked about.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The show was canceled, but all left over plot lines will be addressed in an interpretive dance rendition on Broadway.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Season 8 was just confirmed the other day.

It has been picked up for 22 new episodes.

However, a little off topic, season 5 will be Fringe's last with 13 episodes.

Supernatural Season 8

I personally hope the plot lines will improve, it really has lost it's edge since season 5 ended. There are a few good moments, but considering Kripke is still on board, I thought it would have not lost it's directions so much as it has.
edit on 5-5-2012 by 74Templar because: Added text.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Thanks for your post, and for confirming season eight.
It is different from season five I just don't necessarily think that means bad. I liked the Michael, Lucifer angle in season five but that story was ended. I would have liked to have seen more of it but the show just went a different direction. Not saying season seven was the best but it was still good. Hopefully it stay that way or get better.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Supernatural Season 8

Yeah, my gf was telling me that there was an 8th season before we watched tonight's episode. I remember first it was season 6 that was the last, but they were contractually obligated for a 7th and were more or less forced to do it due to popularity. I'm not sure whats happening now or why the change in heart.

On a side note, do you ever feel like some weeks the episodes just blow and others hit the nail on the head?

Those first few seasons they must have been building a house but now, it's like an addition here and a bathroom remodel there.

They'd better resolve whats up with God as well. I heard she's in a hospital bed somewhere in a wicked coma........yeah, that definitely makes sense to me.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Also, I'm glad this didn't end up being a "Supernatural is based on real events" thread. Although I did like the episode where Sam and Dean come to our dimension.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

It's still watchable for sure, it just doesn't have that "drive" that made seasons 1-5 so good. It just seems like they kinda wrapped everything up at the end after defeating Lucifer, and let's face it, that's what the previous 4 seasons were about, the build up to Dean and Sam fighting it out as Michael and Lucifer. Once that was done, it just seems the rest is kind of filler. I means, sure, Purgatory is a great angle, but I just feel the series lacks it passion it had two seasons ago, and it shows in the drive of the show each week.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnendingVigilance

Originally posted by 74Templar

Supernatural Season 8

Yeah, my gf was telling me that there was an 8th season before we watched tonight's episode. I remember first it was season 6 that was the last, but they were contractually obligated for a 7th and were more or less forced to do it due to popularity. I'm not sure whats happening now or why the change in heart.

On a side note, do you ever feel like some weeks the episodes just blow and others hit the nail on the head?

Those first few seasons they must have been building a house but now, it's like an addition here and a bathroom remodel there.

They'd better resolve whats up with God as well. I heard she's in a hospital bed somewhere in a wicked coma........yeah, that definitely makes sense to me.

Unfortunately to me it is getting a little predictable. The best show so far in the set is where Bobby is shot, and then has to make his way out of his own mind. Castiel just suddenly turning up and "being an angel" to me was pretty weak as far as it goes, they could've delved into that far greater than just having him suddenly discovering who he is after all this time. And I mean, if he is supposedly an angel, with all his angelic powers, taking on Sam's mental state surely would be water off a duck's back to someone so powerful.

I dunno, I still watch it out of nostalgia more than anything, and the lore is still good and very well researched and portrayed, but to me, seasons 1-5 you can tell Krpike had the start to finish in mind from the get-go, and especially when you go back and watch all the first five back to back. After that, yeah, like you said, it's like their tacking on a bit of time just to keep it going.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by UnendingVigilance

To answer your question, let me say I've watched this series since season 1 and have enjoyed all most all of it.

Yes, some episodes are just dumb and some are almost the way they were when they first started out. I agree with one of the other contributors that since Season 5 it's lost most but not all the edginess, but am glad there weill be Season 8.

The thing that's disappointing is the killing of Bobby and the fact that Cass is no longer there on the show as a regular.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Actually it's funny, I just watched the latest episode, and seeing the angels return, and the ol' fight between the demons and the angels finally hotting up again, it was like a return to the old days, when the show had that drive. Pity it's taken so long to get to this point, but hopefully it will see a bit of spark return to this series.

Where to next? Well if you follow the series along, each two seasons seem to be cause and effect. Last season was letting the leviathans out, this season seems to be taking them down, as it has been with many of the previous seasons. I guess they'll either find some way to take Dick Roman down in the next two episodes, and then have a new idea for season 8.

I'm kinda hoping it will return to the angels vs. demons storyline we had during season 4, 5 and 6, or even a return to the civil war in heaven and hell. Expanding on that theme would be great, as it wasn't really covered all that much previously.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The actors had signed for an eighth season two years ago,so i had no doubt that the show would be renewed.

I'm kinda hoping it will return to the angels vs. demons storyline we had during season 4, 5 and 6, or even a return to the civil war in heaven and hell. Expanding on that theme would be great, as it wasn't really covered all that much previously.

Well a spoiler i read said that the final episode will have two archangels in the storyline.Don't know if it's true.
The only two left(as far as we know) is Lucifer and Michael on the cage.Maybe someone will free them and season 8 will be the final fight that never happened.
To be honest i would love to see them continue a story line from the episode "the End"(the one Dean is sent to the future,to find Lucifer in the body of Sam).

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
The actors had signed for an eighth season two years ago,so i had no doubt that the show would be renewed.

Well a spoiler i read said that the final episode will have two archangels in the storyline.Don't know if it's true.
The only two left(as far as we know) is Lucifer and Michael on the cage.Maybe someone will free them and season 8 will be the final fight that never happened.
To be honest i would love to see them continue a story line from the episode "the End"(the one Dean is sent to the future,to find Lucifer in the body of Sam).

What about Raphael? I know his avatar got done somewhere in season 5/6, but didn't he return as the woman? I know Gabriel got axed by Lucifer, and Lucifer and Michael are in the pit, but there is also this new one, Metatron or whatever, I wonder if they are going to expand on that a little. I'm not sure they had too many of the other archangels present during the series, so there may be more.
And yes, I would love to see a return to the future timeline episode, or even another one in heaven, they were both great episodes. As long as they don't return to that "last action hero" episode where they came to this world. Boy, that must have been a friday afternoon rush job....

Even better would be to expand into the episode where Sam and Dean went back and met Samuel Colt, even as a spin off. A supernatural western would be awesome.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

What about Raphael?

Cas killed him.Not just the vessel.

There were 4 archangels:Michael,Lucifer,Raphael and Gabriel.I don't think there are more.2 are in the pit and 2 dead.So unless another angel get a promotion,they must release Lucifer and Michael.
supernatural.wikia.com...

Or if Gabriel tricked Lucifer and he's hiding.(I would love to see him back)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Whoops, forgot about that one lol...

Guess I should go back and have another marathon soon hey.

I guess it is down to Michael and Lucifer, so maybe you are right, it will revolve around one of those two somehow getting out.

I kinda hope it isn't though, that horse has been pretty much flogged to death, I mean how many times do they have to put Lucifer down?

Maybe they'll finally give in and reveal God to the Winchesters....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The creator could always bring one of them back also. I rather liked Gabriel myself.
Just a thought.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Guess I should go back and have another marathon soon hey.

And then i'll test you

Maybe they'll finally give in and reveal God to the Winchesters....

If this ever happen will propably be at the series finale.

Originally posted by RedGolem

The creator could always bring one of them back also. I rather liked Gabriel myself.
Just a thought.

Yes ,yes, yes.Bring Gabriel back pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I have to admit, I kinda skimmed over season 6, it really wasn't much of a wow factor, especially compared to the others.

I agree, Gabriel was kind of my favourite too, even back when he was the Trickster. Lucifer and Michael were just typical archangels, full of themselves. They were played well though.

I don't know when Supernatural will end, but maybe the ending should be that. When Sam and Dean finally get the last cut (pun intended), return to Heaven, this time to stay, and they finally meet God. Would certainly make for an interesting last episode anyway.

Oh and just an observation if I may, I have a feeling Castiel will be snapping his fingers (again) sometime soon and returning Bobby to the world again. Let's face it, it's not the first time hey...

edit on 8-5-2012 by 74Templar because: no reason given

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

and they finally meet God. Would certainly make for an interesting last episode anyway.

I can't remember the episode(i think it was the one when Sam is falling in the pit with Lucifer) that Dean tells Cas that he will go after god and kill him.That would be an interesting twist.
They finally meet god and take their revenge for everything that went trough.

I have a feeling Castiel will be snapping his fingers (again) sometime soon and returning Bobby to the world again.

They have burned Bobby's body,but with all the fans wanting Bobby back,i see it happen as well.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I was thinking they might use an unburned bone from Bobby as the bone to kill the Leviathan man.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hello friends.

For those of you who haven't heard,Supernatural season 8 premiere will be Wednesday, Oct. 3.

I haven't found a new official promo yet,but i found 8 things to know about 'Supernatural' season 8 from Comic-Con

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join