It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lycanthropy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I am very interested in Lycanthropy. The spirtiual belief, research, and possibly the real thing. I am also writing a book on the subject. This is a call to anyone else interested in the subject or anyone who has any good research information I may not already have. Any good books, websites, sightings, knows any one who knows anyone into it, or any occult information on lycans... anything... and thank you

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wetdog
Hello everyone. I am very interested in Lycanthropy. The spirtiual belief, research, and possibly the real thing. I am also writing a book on the subject. This is a call to anyone else interested in the subject or anyone who has any good research information I may not already have. Any good books, websites, sightings, knows any one who knows anyone into it, or any occult information on lycans... anything... and thank you

There are a few cases, in which I would check up on this. There is a disease which cuases Wookie like hair growth, lending to Wolf-Man like looks.

Second, when certain, Naturally occuring hallucinigens are taken, a person feels like a beast takes over. I saw a Discovery Channel type show on it where a man in France, ate Jimson weed or something and he was convinced he was a werewolf.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have always wondered whether or not actual physical lycanthropy could be possible. The body does replace cells and can I beleve do so fairly quickly. Perhaps some form of rna which can cause the body to reorder itself in response to hormonal activity? Could exp[lain why in myth a werewolf has to eat as soon as it changes I imagine it would take a lot of energy to do so.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is just my subject^^
Well lets see, If you are looking for sientific proof of lycanthropy, that would be classified as a disease(whether it be physical or mental). Just like the person who posted the comment before me said something on a condition that makes someone 'wookie-like', which is true. And in some casses of mental health some ppl have been known to take one wolf-like personalitys, and ending up killing a bistanderd or eating raw meat.
Another explanation would be how the moon effects humans. My mother is a nurse and she clames that during full moons ppl seem to not be themselves, or be a bit phycotic. Thus ending up in the hospital with her. And I have also noticed that I myself sometimes end up being in a strange moon during them. Point: Freaky stuff happens on full moons

And the last thing, Theranthropy(Change from human into anyother animal). Theranthropy is basicly a way of life(maybe even a religion) that I myself practice, Its where a human mentally, spirtualy, or physicly shifts into the animal they are closest to in spirit. This usess alot of meditation and such. But I myself have never been able to physicly shift, nor do I know if I can. But if you want to know more about it just go to google and type it in.
^^~ L8er

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Ixxy]

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Ixxy]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
On the subject f the full moon I come from a family of cops and any cop will tell you tht things do get wierd on the night of the full moon.
I asked my uncle why once and his theory was that just as the moon exerts pressure on the tides he beleved it put pressure on the brains fluids.
My dad ever the pragmatist said "Theres more light"

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So what resources or information do you have on lycanthropes? I'm familiar with a number of the old tales.

new topics

top topics

join