It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air craft overhaul in Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Who was here saying Iran�s aircrafts are not flyable and their F14s are rusted??

Iran made important upgrades to these babies specially the radars and they are fitted with Iran version of Phoenix missile. These are not the same planes we got from US.

Look at this baby

[edit on 29-9-2004 by persian]

[edit on 29-9-2004 by persian]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
ok i just found this:

Iran�s Aviation Industries score considerable achievements

www.irna.ir...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
OK, I noticed that they are refurbishing an old F-4, not a hard job - the aircraft is hopelessly outdated these days.
They have canablised so many F-14 to get just a few flying - no achievement here.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Persian when are you going to realise that Iran is a third rate country with a second rate military?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
so we have 1 f14 and what looks like a one of our target drones. I.E. f-4 phantom

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
well you are refurbishing a few third gen planes and a bunch of second gen ones. The Raptor would shoot them all down in one swoop before it was even seen, and even the F-15C could easily destroy it. The Phoenix missiles in their early stages had some major design flaws, and engineers sabotaged some of the electronics so they arent as good as the US Phoenix system.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, planes are only effective when they are able to take off from the Tarmac. Something they wouldn't have the opportunity to do in the Iran vs. US scenario you seem to keep desiring...
as stealth fighters and bombers as well as Tomahawks would take out C&C centers, airfields, runways, SAM sites first thing...

Saddam had newer MIGs, and you saw how effective those were... Perhaps you saw them when they were coming in to land.....in Iran, to run away?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow so Iran is still building F-4 thats cool. Wait a minute last time I checked it was no longer 1970.

They will be quickly shoot down by US F-18's and Israeli F-16's when it comes down to getting dirty with the Iranian's.

God speed the fearless pilots of the Iranian Airforce.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It still irks the ever-living shinola out of me every time I see a picture of an Iranian F-14.

Alas, this is just another lesson in the pitfalls of FMS based on good intentions and short-sightedness.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I agree with everyone else, this isn't all that great, after all these years there just trying to make the F-14 and F-4 operational, I figured by now they would have stole every F-14 secret and made there own better version,but i guess that Iran for ya.

WHAT'S THAT! Its a bird, its a plane, no, its a Iranian F-14 after it noticed an F-22.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
RUN FOR THE HILLS AMERICA!!!!!! IRAN HAS MODERNIZED F-4'S AND THEY ARE WILLING TO USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join