Are there any airplanes that look like a space shuttle ?

page: 1

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
After reading the title of this thread here The Space Shuttle Enterprise Flies Over NYC, i was instantly reminded of a dream i had last night.

All i remember is that my husband and i were looking up at a clear blue sky and discussing what was coming towards us, at first we thought it was a ufo, but as it got closer i said its a space shuttle.

It didn't quite look like the one in the thread i linked, its wings started closer to the front of the aircraft. I'm very curious and im wondering if such an aircraft actually exist.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
reply to post by Whateva69

Cant say it'd be aerodynamically correct if it were simply a plane, so I don't think so.

But you say you dreamt of a shuttle flying towards you? Why have I had that same dream, but it's not flying, more falling. And the feeling is of tremendous impending doom, as it falls towards me/my house.

Crazy but I only have those dreams certain times, and not for a while, so your post piqued my interest.

Lets hope it's just active imaginations.... but now I'll be looking up during the day too lol

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:28 AM
reply to post by mainidh

wow you had a similar dream

its such a weird dream to have, to me it wasn't falling as such but more descending slowly at an angle towards us.
im guessing it was low though, because i could see it so clearly.
edit on 5/5/12 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
Like this one?

However I am not 100% sure this particular spacecraft has made it passed the concept stage yet.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
reply to post by UberL33t

nope not that one, but thank you uber,
i didn't think to look up concept art, ill go and have a look now.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:36 AM
Almost like the one at the bottom, but the wing starts closer to the cockpit, and im not sure if it had one tail fin or two that stick up.

i found this pic here Next generation space plane unveiled

note: NOT the capsule looking one, its body wasn't "bullet" shaped and it didn't tapper in like the one above it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
Maybe THIS

It's the Boeng X37b

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
reply to post by EyesWideShut

close , but it was bigger and it had a wrap around cockpit _

i don't know much about space exploration or military aircraft, and im actually surprised i could and can tell the difference between an aircraft and a space shuttle.

thank you for reading and trying to find what it could have been.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:14 AM
Tacit Blue?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
reply to post by METACOMET

nope that's not it. but omg that is the strangest looking plane. it looks like its a make it yourself "kit Plane"

lol mind you it wouldnt be a cheap kit plane

In 1982, the Tacit Blue flew for the first time in a test flight, and after that it flew 135 times over 3 years. The entire program cost $165 million and Northrop, as the main contractor, received $136 million. The data collected from the Tacit Blue project was later used on the B-2 Spirit, also made by Northrop.

The B-2 Spirit costs a record of $570 million per plane, so only 20 B-2's were built. The B-2 is a stealth bomber. One B-2 could complete a bombing raid which previously required 32 F-16s, 16 F-15s, and 27 support aircraft. It gets its stealth because it is a flying wing, complete with all the minor measurements and calculations to make it virtually invisible to radar, making it invincible to enemy defenses. It can also carry a pretty heavy bomb load. Basically an infinitely better plane then the Tacit Blue.

Tactic Blue

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
What about going back a bit in the past?

Virtually a flying wing, wings right up to the cockpit, 'wrap around cockpit' a big plane, a bomber and could fly right at you, the AVRO Vulcan. Just below head on profile, it would look just like a flying disc, (no bother there, so would a lot of aircraft) fits perfect.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
reply to post by smurfy

nope not that either, the wing span is way to wide, and since it was a dream i saw it in, im guessing it mustn't be a real craft.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
just a thought. Aurora Project maybe?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:33 AM
I had another dream of a space shuttle last night, i saw the craft much better this time. if only i could draw.
the wings started close to the nose, roughly under the cockpit _

the wings were not one complete part, the front wing was joined to the craft by a strut of some sort, so it could open up and close (tuck in) almost like a pectoral fin on a shark.

it was held on to the main body by something like this gas strut

with the main large wing just behind it.

I also posted this in my dreams thread here Whateva69"s Dreams

Love and harmony

new topics

top topics