It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amish farm kids remarkably immune to allergies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Do you have any links showing that the Amish vaccinate? I don't doubt you but just want to see for myself.

Here are a number of articles concerning the Amish
autism-news-beat.com...
pediatrics.aappublications.org...
blogs.plos.org...

They do vaccinate and they do have autistic kids. These are simply repetitions of one guys anecdotal observation and it was never true.
edit on 4-5-2012 by antonia because: opps

I Cannot help but notice you ignored my entire post even tho I raised many valid points

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Who knows? In the end does it matter? The original point stands-They vaccinate, so the theory that it must the shots is wrong. Furthermore, i received shots as a child and I never had (and still don't have) allergies. I know a lady who refused to allow her kids to have shots and they are constantly battling allergies. I don't think it's the shots. It's something else.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
One very important answer is also very simple (although there may be other causes of allergies).

Humans evolved with certain parasites, and the removal of those parasites means that the immune system has nothing to do, and thus it begins to attack itself.

The main parasites are the nematodes, or intestinal worms, which can range in size from barely an inch to 15 centimeters for the roundworm common in non-Western countries.

Worm therapy (the deliberate drinking of parasite eggs) has shown great promise.
en.wikipedia.org...

So I'd guess these kids are some of the few that still have a healthy population of gut-worms, and live in an environment where both parasite and host can recycle themselves.

One easy way to get a smaller-sized worm infection is to stand barefoot on soil with human dung.
Some allergy sufferers even came to Africa to stand on people's toilets, and the hookworm infection through the feet provided almost miraculous relief.
www.kuro5hin.org...
Although it's not FDA approved yet, doctors agree that the treatment holds water.
In most Western countries that focused on the eradication of such parasites since the past century, a hookworm infestation does nor come for free:
abcnews.go.com...

For more on Helminth treatments:

edit on 4-5-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

You make the assumption that it is the "vaccines" causing the issues way to quickly. There could be so many more environmental or food related issues, it is not that simple. Most Amish farmers do not use the chemicals "we" use, on their farms, or in their food. They do not eat the volume of processed foods we eat, or anywhere near. The Amish are also much more physically active and in their environment much more from a very young age, likely challenging their immune systems from a young age, when those challenges actually help the immune system develop. I also think you will find that the Amish are also not preoccupied with sterilizing every baby toy, bottle, and door handle in sight, they let their kids get dirty, it does wash off you know, and are not pre-occupied with mental state of "clean freekishness"

You have already decided in your own ind what the causes, that is detrimental to the cause, as you are not following where the evidence takes you, but rather deciding what evidence you are going to believe before it is even presented.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

You asked for links and you got them. If you want to have a conversation on the merits of vaccines you'll have to go to someone else. I'm not interested, sorry. That's a topic that gets people way too hot. I only wanted to address the original point I made regarding false information being pushed.

link   
It's because they don't have parents who coddle them and try to keep them locked up in the house all day. Also, they breast feed, so the kids get the health benefits from that.

link   
I have never suffered from allergies myself, but as a bartender I had several customers who did. Also as a bartender, people often turned to me for advice. When it came to medical advice all I could do was pass on things I'd read, or old wives tales I'd learned. One old wives tale I had often heard was that locally pollinated honey was a strong immunity builder for allergies. I would pass this on to customers who complained of allergies and many of them would tell me later that this actually worked!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know how many have allergies in 3rd world counties, and/or the remaining tirbal groups.

I'd say one influence is psychology and emotion... there are some crazy findings coming out about the interaction between relationships and emotions with the expressions of genes.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It's good for flower/pollen allergies, which are the most prevalent of the allergens. It's only useful for those kind of allergies though. It is also beneficial as a wound ointment.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It's good for flower/pollen allergies, which are the most prevalent of the allergens. It's only useful for those kind of allergies though. It is also beneficial as a wound ointment.

Not to mention good for tea. Hmmmm tea...and peanut butter crumpets! Yes, I should have clarified that it was to build immunity to the local pollen in the area.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

No sorry, can't be the vaccines. I'm tired of this being on the table when it's been proven false time after time for at least 10 years. The Amish vaccinate. The numbers are pretty clear concerning this. Stop spreading the lie.

I didn't know they vaccinated.

But do they run to the doctor every time they get a sore throat and ask for anti-biotics? Or a pill for every ailment, or do they just go when it's really needed?

We tend - nonAmish - to want a pill for everything, and if we don't get it we doctor shop till we do.

I'm not someone who believes vaccines are full of agents that will cull the population etc etc and give the NWO power over the peons in smaller containable numbers, as some are, and I do know that a vaccine is made from the very disease it seeks to treat, but we're an all or all society. If 1 helps, take 10. Despite even from primary school being told thats not how things work.

I dunno about the Amish. Don't much want to , as with the lifestyle comes a thought process foreign to my personal beliefs, but I don't see them as reliant on English science in order to live their life. THey may be required at times to become involved, but I just don't see them as entrenched in the murky waters of progress as we are, that they succumb to the plethora of ills we do.

It is a good litmus test however, if you ask me. And something that should not be ignored.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You asked for links and you got them. If you want to have a conversation on the merits of vaccines you'll have to go to someone else. I'm not interested, sorry. That's a topic that gets people way too hot. I only wanted to address the original point I made regarding false information being pushed.
You do realize it was you who raised the topic of vaccines to me, I responded to you but said nothing about vaccines.
What I said was true and you should ever acknowledge that or prove me wrong.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill
Amish kids don't get vaccinated.

Where did you ever get that impression?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
Probably a couple things 1 the amish try to stay away from the modern world and arent going to be wimps about their allergies and go running to the doctor therefore it does not get reported, and 2 they have a high resistance because they are out getting exercise and are exposed to it more while others hide indoors and breathe stagnant air all day

Sigh.

Even in the OP's little snippit of text you can see they compared them not to people who eat mcdonalds and live in NYC, but to farming communities in Sweeden. I mean, is it asking to much to have your comment reflect a factual reading of the info?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
Most Amish farmers do not use the chemicals "we" use, on their farms, or in their food. They do not eat the volume of processed foods we eat, or anywhere near. The Amish are also much more physically active and in their environment much more from a very young age, likely challenging their immune systems from a young age, when those challenges actually help the immune system develop.

Are you a Swedish Farmer?

From the VERY FIRST LIVE OF THE ARTICLE!:

Amish children raised on rural farms in northern Indiana suffer from asthma and allergies less often even than Swiss farm kids, a group known to be relatively free from allergies, according to a new study.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hookworm infestation, and some positive results:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I find this interesting! Thanks OP!

I don't know what is going on, but I can tell you that I was allergic to some cosmetics/shampoo/other crazy things .... when I was younger, I put this lipstick on and blew up like a blow-fish!! LOL I had to go to the hospital, and they gave me a shot, I then had to sit through hours (it seemed) of allergy testing, I can't even remember what all they found I was allergic to, but the list was long!! I also remember being allergic to aspirin or any form of it, the doctor had told my mom to give me Advil and Benadryl .....I just remember not being able to go to school forever and having these awful hives all over my back, legs, feet ... etc. Guess I'm lucky to be alive! LOL because my mom did exactly what he said, till they found I was allergic to the Advil. I can now take it with NO problem.

Then when I was about 18 I took some antibiotics, they had a terrible affect on me, again I ended up in the hospital ..... they found I was also ...... NOW allergic to penicillin. I had taken that stuff all along growing up, I remember the pink medicine that tasted like bubble gum, and my mom told me I had indeed taken it, no ill effects.

That is the one allergy I can not get over, I can wear all kinds of makeup, use all kinds of shampoo, take Advil and everything ..... now ....... but any form of penicillin will kill me!

Now as a mother myself, I am 33 BTW, my son has developed asthma after living in a FEMA trailer for about a year, lately he doesn't need his inhaler nearly as often, but we've also been OUTside a lot, he was tested and found to be allergic to cats (two of which we have) and mold, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him much anymore!

He loves the cats BTW, and would die rather than get rid of them!!!! .....
(much to my dismay) they don't seem to be bothering him much anymore ...... anyway. He's used his inhaler less than 4 times since we got in refilled last year sometime.

Anyway I really hope they can find the cause of the allergies that have developed so recently!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
They spend a lot of time outside.

They're not exposed to exotics. They use natural materials.

They drink unpasteurized milk.

They don't pop pills for minor problems.

The kids get dirty so they're thoroughly exposed to bacteria and fungi.

They don't eat garbage.
edit on 5/5/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

What makes you think that Swiss farmers use chemicals to the degree that we do here in North America?

We are poisoning ourselves here in North America.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This issue is governed by Genetics. The Amish have been basically living in a closed community and interbreeding a group of people that are in the fields practicly 24/7. Whatever a group of interbreeding animals comes in contact with on a daily basis...allows their immune system to become familiar with and thus it can target it much easier.

This issue with allergies is when the immune system over produces Histamines...chemicals released by our bodies immune system cells that counter infections during inflamation. An Antihistamine prevents a large release of these chemicals.

So after so many generations...a bodys DNA adapts to change the amount of Histamines released in a group of interbreeding people or animals that deals with a specific allergin...such as pollen found everywhere on a farm.
It's Evolution Baby! Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join