It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you be labeled a sex offender for doing some that EVERYONE HAS TO DO??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I simply cannot believe that you can be slapped with sex offender charge for public urination! Whats worse, anywhere in a major city, every single restaurant has a sign that says "No Public Restroom". How can a man with a flaccid penis who is peeing in a park have anything to do with sex? I'm not saying that i think that we should turn this country into a public urinal, i just dont think that someone who touches children or rapes a woman and someone who can't hold it have anything in common! What do you think?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You can get arrested for passing gas too.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Got a link or example? I know some isolated incidents happen where cops get downright stupid with Lewd conduct charges, but I've rarely heard of this being used to that extreme without far more being involved.

Having said that..I've heard of a couple truckers who started they day peeing on an exit ramp..or more..and ended it in a jail cell. The peeing or more was the charge though, not the reason. I wonder how many people who actually get more than a ticket for this actually failed the attitude test and had little to do with nature's call?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Man I love Horrible Bosses!

I think there is reference to that movie here, at least.

Regardless, this is some legal bull. You are right that a man peeing in public (although it is not pleasing to anyone who may notice) has nothing to do with sex offenders and that should be reflected in the law..
edit on 4-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ilikestarz

Well, maybe a sex offense if you pee in a playground, or on school property, or taking your pants down to do it. Every male I know knows how to pee in public places - well hidden, in the shadows, etc. - and if they get caught it's just from not paying attention.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This thread made me think of this funny video I saw a while back. It shows some great examples of cops getting riled up over public urination.

Of course, the joke's on them.

youtu.be...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My buddy got a ticket for urinating in public & it was considered disorderly conduct. How is it labeled a sex offender?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
You can get arrested for passing gas too.

Uhh where? Tell me, so I know not to ever go to such a retarded place.

Also, where I'm from the charge would be public urination. Simple as that, unless the guy was wagging his willy and enticing passersby to play skip rope with him.

Puppetry of the penis isn't puppetry either, well maybe a sock puppet, but certainly not a hand puppet if you get my drift.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
When you gotta take a leak in public the best thing to do is go into a walk in fast food joint like mcdonalds or carls jr & just walk into their public restrooms. No employee will say anything or likely notice you cuz they'll be behind the counter taking orders

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

South Charleston, West Virginia

EDIT: Actually, that charge was dropped, like a bomb.

Here's another.

Stuart, FL

edit on 4-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is why the registry is a joke. too many innocent people on it. One word a woman can take your life away even without real evidence, one night u just cant hold it anymore and a cop sees it, some girl lies about her age, You are 16 your girlfriend is fifteen. So many bs charges dropped on people who dont deserve it. Most do deserve more than they get but some of these people probably more than you would think are having their lives ruined

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Federal law and the laws of all 50 states now require adults and some juveniles convicted of a vast array of crimes that involve sexual conduct to register their addresses and other information with law enforcement agencies. Because registration requirements are overbroad in scope and overlong in duration, there are more than 600,000 registered sex offenders in the US, including individuals convicted of non-violent crimes such as consensual sex between teenagers, prostitution, and public urination, as well as those who committed their only offenses decades ago..

US: Sex offender Laws May Do More Harm Than Good

Sex Laws: Unjust and Unfair
edit on 4-5-2012 by ilikestarz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I wonder ust how many people are treated like # because of bogus stuff like this?600,000 sex offenders, and how many drug "addicts" who got busted for pot?
All with criminal records barred from certain jobs and such......
Its really just another way of maaking sure there are plenty of bodies when the shovels get handed out.....
Making sure the rich kids get to be officers and the rest get to be enlisted personall etc.....
The whole criminal record fiasco is a social divider that benefits the elite.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
reply to post by mainidh

South Charleston, West Virginia

EDIT: Actually, that charge was dropped, like a bomb.

Here's another.

Stuart, FL

edit on 4-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

Good god, that's just astoundingly pathetic... But the second you'll note he was charged with disrupting behaviour and not a formal charge of passing gas. I think the intent here is key. He was being a twat, turning off computers and so on.

The day I hear a magistrate say the words "Guilty of passing wind" I will make it an actual effort to eat as many baked beans as I can and force the law to submit to being stupid.

you know, when I was a kid, a slap around the ear or a strap across the arse would put an end to a smelly kids obnoxious behaviour. We're covered ourselves in so much cotton wool, that we self immolate as soon as we try to discipline our own children.

ARGH!!!! lol

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Why do men think it is their right to urinate in public? Women face the same issues of bathroom availability but you don't see them squatting everywhere. Men think somehow their bodily fluids are something women and children want to step in, smell, see. The world is not your toilet. Quit with the sharing.

I don't think it should be a sexual offense, but unless you can show the police some evidence for a lesser charge, your just some guy showing his weenie. Whipping it out in public for any reason, should be illegal.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Why do men think it is their right to urinate in public? Women face the same issues of bathroom availability but you don't see them squatting everywhere. Men think somehow their bodily fluids are something women and children want to step in, smell, see. The world is not your toilet. Quit with the sharing.

I don't think it should be a sexual offense, but unless you can show the police some evidence for a lesser charge, your just some guy showing his weenie. Whipping it out in public for any reason, should be illegal.

What an ignorant post. From top to bottom.
This isn't about some guys showing his weenie, as you so majestically put it. It's about relieving ones bladder.
Women do it too. I've seen plenty of them drop their pants and squat. So really, what is worse. Dropping trow or unzipping ones pants?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Honestly the sex offender registry is a joke and there is no evidence it has saved anyone...

When you can get on it for things like teen age kids setting each other, and for peeing in public how can ppl take it seriously...

Most children get kidnapped and molested by someone in their family not strangers, there was a cracked article awhile back about this.

It was included in a list of laws that actually don't acomplish much of anything, but than its hard to argue against this because the first response usually follows the "what are you pro sex offender"

Not to mention the continuing punishment factor after they have served their sentance

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In this country it is called 'a public dissorder offence' and could also be an 'indecent exposure'

offence. What's so difficult about doing what 'TopherWayne' suggests in his post

Just go in and use Macdonalds or Burger King's toilets there are enough 'fast food'

outlets with toilets.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilikestarz
I simply cannot believe that you can be slapped with sex offender charge for public urination! Whats worse, anywhere in a major city, every single restaurant has a sign that says "No Public Restroom". How can a man with a flaccid penis who is peeing in a park have anything to do with sex? I'm not saying that i think that we should turn this country into a public urinal, i just dont think that someone who touches children or rapes a woman and someone who can't hold it have anything in common! What do you think?

I can't either, got any supporting links? I always thought it was called "Public Indecency." Some of these new laws are just draconian.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ilikestarz

The simple answer?

Some guy whips it out in a park by some passing kids, or some woman or whoever. He sees them looking, he sees them pointing and talking, he goes home and [censored]. Why? Because those people, their reactions, turned him on.

And so, that law was passed as not only a deterrent from inappropriate public behavior, but also to discourage the sickos that get off on that stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join