It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Top Soldier Issues Threat Over Missile Defense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Russia’s top military officer threatened that if the United States builds nato missile defense facilities in Eastern Europe, Russia will destroy them with a preemptive strike.

Chief of General Staff Nikolai Makarov said on May 3 that “if the situation worsens,” the Russian military will “use destructive force preemptively.” He went on to say that if Moscow and Washington fail to reach an agreement, Russia will “be forced to take military and technological measures” to protect itself.

Last year, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev made a similar threat, stating that Russia will retaliate militarily if Moscow fails to reach an agreement with the U.S. and nato.
ca.news.yahoo.com...

The U.S. says the missile defense system is intended only to counter Iran’s missile threat. Moscow rejects this claim and says that the shield could negate Russia’s nuclear deterrent.

As Russia’s desire to rebuild its former Soviet glory intensifies, so does its saber rattling and its actual military capabilities. Trumpet editor in chief Gerald Flurry has said that Russia’s resurgence is significant mostly because it will prod Europe to unify more quickly. Mr. Flurry said Russia’s “power will be able to challenge Europe when no one else can,” and added that Russia’s rise “strikes intense fear in Europe.” As Moscow’s military might expands and its threats intensify, Russia’s European neighbors will take note and consolidate their power.
www.thetrumpet.com...
edit on 4-5-2012 by Willease because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I tried to post the video, but something went wrong...so if one of you long time members don't mind...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Embed for OP..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This has been discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here:

and here:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

You are missing the point.
The fact that this as a church (PCG) that posted the original video/article, having predicted years ago what is happening now, clearly makes this "religious conspiracy".
I read the links you provided which sheds light on what is happening, where this thread sheds light on why.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Willease because: Because I thought the person who posted the links above was being facetious. There was no need to be rude back.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
Embed for OP..

Thank you

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
How the hell is this a religious conspiracy?

Also, already discussed.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Willease

I don't get how we have
a joint space program

but yet we can still have a
preemptive strike against
one or the other

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
NO! I won't cut you ANY slack!

You post a subject that has been discussed SEVERAL times with absolutely NO input or opinion of your own and a crappy link to a preacher in Philly who, most likely, has little or no real understanding of the subject and decides somehow that This is linked to biblical prophesy?

Grow up and get used to people slamming your ideas here. This is ATS if you don't like people taking a different approach to YOUR ideas, don't put your ideas out there!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

I don't get how we have
a joint space program

one or the other

This is why...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
NO! I won't cut you ANY slack!

You post a subject that has been discussed SEVERAL times with absolutely NO input or opinion of your own and a crappy link to a preacher in Philly who, most likely, has little or no real understanding of the subject and decides somehow that This is linked to biblical prophesy?

Grow up and get used to people slamming your ideas here. This is ATS if you don't like people taking a different approach to YOUR ideas, don't put your ideas out there!

First of all, I edited that comment for this very reason. You being a troll and all. If you read the article and the links provided you would see how this is approaching the same subject from a different perspective.
Besides, no one is forcing you to read my thread. If you have been there and done that in your brain, then you should just move on. But, like a typical troll you responded the way you do. And you have the nerve to tell me to grow up!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willease

I don't get how we have
a joint space program

one or the other

This is why...

I'm all too aware of the M.I.C.
& Ike's famous departure speech,
but your gonna have to
answer my question a little better
than that..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willease

I don't get how we have
a joint space program

one or the other

This is why...

I'm all too aware of the M.I.C.
& Ike's famous departure speech,
but your gonna have to
answer my question a little better
than that..

Historically this isn't anything new.
www.nasa.gov...
The mission included both joint and separate scientific experiments (including an engineered eclipse of the Sun by Apollo to allow Soyuz to take photographs of the solar corona), and provided useful engineering experience for future joint US–Russian space flights, such as the Shuttle–Mir Program and the International Space Station.

All this in the middle of the cold war which "ended" in the late eighties...
www.nebraskastudies.org...://www.nebraskastudies.org/1000/stories/1001_0140.html

top topics

join