It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First-Grader Suspended for Singing 'I'm Sexy and I Know It'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
reply to post by Phantom28804

From the article:

Last month, she said, he was sent to the principal’s office for singing the same song to the same girl.

This time, however, he was “shaking his booty” near the girl’s face, Meadows told ABC7 News.

He acted out and was suspended for 3 days.

I will bet you a dollar he won't do it again!

He had been told to stop and the behaviour continued, so he was suspended, simple case closed.

As usual, the 24 hour media blow things out of all proportion in their desperate search for stories.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
TV commercials have little to no filters when it comes to sex and violence (no matter how thinly veiled).

TV shows and movies continue to get more and more blatant in portraying sex, blood, violence, subterfuge and the anti-everything.

Games keep getting bloodier and bloodier. Darker and darker.

All things may be possible, all things may be permissible, but all things are not expedient. Think GIGO: garbage in, garbage out. It works with humans the same way it works with computers.

Everywhere I look, "pushing the envelope" is touted as the new "norm". The children are the ones who suffer for this.

The children are the ones punished for the so-called role models' lack of filters.

Common sense is definitely not so common.

J

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think a lot of people are still missing the plot. As one poster has said, remember how things were when you were a kid?

Remember back in the day when you would make jokes with your friends about other people granted it probably wasn't the most appropriate thing in the world to do and we probably shouldn't have done it. That being said I would be willing to bet 90% of all the posters on this thread have done it. Today if you made a joke about a kids behavior because he say was wearing girls shoes, high-water pants, that kid has a lisp, that kid is mexican, that kid has a funny looking face, oh that girl has a lazy eye, and omg I can't believe she is wearing those clothes they are so old. Today this would probably be interpreted as a hate crime the way people act.

I can tell you what I see has happened. There were a few cases were kids picked so harshly on other kids that they ended up committing suicide. Instead of looking at the things that might have been going on at home and in his personal life. The parents, media, and society dubbed it as due to abuse by fellow classmates.

Those kids in Columbine and other schools who took the pressure from being picked on and other emotional stresses picked up a gun and shot a bunch of fellow students. Instead of taking this scenario and saying, "hey wait how did that kid get those guns." We look at the situation and blame Marilyn Manson..

Regardless of who is at fault for the above situations the primary problem is that America instead of loking at the problem ie kids getting easy access to guns and other things. The early solution at the time was a great one. Lets look at securing the schools and making sure kids can't get guns into the school. Then in typical government SNAFU fashion. Now it has become about control. That kid has a water gun better stop this fast, that kid has a cap gun better stop him quick, that kid over there has a pocket knife he must be out to kill someone, that kid over there is drawing a picture of a soldier with a gun better get him some therapy.

Now we have moved into the second phase of government SNAFU fashion. Let's begin controlling kids to shape them to be the way we want them to be. It all started with sex-ed and what age was to young. Then we began analyzing the possibility that deviant behavior may lead to a life of crime if not stopped early. Hey little Timmy just pulled that girls pants up, Suspension - Sexual Harrassment. Hey little Jimmy just sang a song with sexual undertones to that girl, Suspsension - sexual Harrassment. Future scenario. 4yr old (insert name here) touched a female playmates rear end while playing at nursery school. The young boy was kicked out for sexual harrassment. Nursery officials were qouted as saying, "We just couldn't believe he did that. I mean what are his parents teaching him to think it's ok to touch a girl in that innapproapriate manner. He was very coy about it as well he even played it off like he had just lost his balance."

I know that is a bit extreme, but I truly fear that this is the direction we are heading. People used to talk about the movie Minority Report and the possible implications of something like that, but they seem to be missing the fact that we are making it a reality right now in America. To judge the actions of a child as representative of what they may become in the future is the same thing. Just because this child was shaking his butt in the girls face, and singing, "I'm sexy and I know it" Doesn't mean he is going to one day become a rapist.

This has already happened on the opposite spectrum. I still remember when I had taken a job as a counselor at Summer Camp and this was almost 20yrs ago. Things were just starting then. By the time we were done with our training and meeting with the Social Services dept. I was so paranoid to even be around the kids that I was sure anything I did would be interpreted as abuse of some sort. I literally remember the day we had gone swimming at this waterfall and two of the boys had gotten into a bit of a fight. I was trying to seperate them and inadvertantly hit one the kids in the nose while swinging my arm back to seperate them. The kid started crying and his nose was bleeding and all that was going through my mind was omg I am going to jail.

Now a days if you even touch a kid you are liable to be accussed of child abuse or a number of different things. We used to kiss our teacher on the cheek. Now that teacher would be lucky if they aren't accussed of a sex act with a child because we as a society have gotten so paranoid and so soft when it comes to anything and everything. We have quite literally lost our way. I only hope that people start to realize what we are doing before our kids are having their futures chosen based on the way they act in school.

"I'm sorry sir, but your son is not welcome in the education system he simply can't keep his hands to himself."

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The mom should be more closely monitoring what her son watches, the school went way overboard with this. Parents point of view.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
School is a lot like prison. You're helpless unless the administration acts. This may seem petty and at the low end of the harassment/bullying spectrum, but let's just say the little girl who had this kid's ass in her face didn't really appreciate it. Might as well make the point now rather than later. What's a 6 year old with an apostrophy in his first name going to miss in three days of first grade anyway?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

Ok I have to ask what in the hell has happened to our country. I remember recently another member posting something about her son being suspended for pulling up a female classmates pants. But seriously, I just don't understand anymore what has happened to America.

Kids are kids. They don't have sexual urges or desires. A 1st grader is not thinking ooooh how can I get in this girls pants. Yet they are calling ti sexual harassment? I am seriously blown away by this and the actions taken by the school system.

I am literally shamed that I live in America at this point. Enough is enough this political correctness BS has gone far enough. People need to start living their lives and stop trying to live everyone else.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I am guessing you never got the memo, Anything that might offend a feminist or traditional conservative\social conservative is "sexual harassment".

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

My 6 year old daughter came out to the loungeroom the other day and said to me, im sexy ,and i thought where did you get that from, probably tv. The tvs on first thing in the morning untill lights out in our house, my husdand, being an ex vet, seems to need it that way. But thats another story. On the subject of suspension ,we have had personal experience, with my older child and other school kids, and my husband insisted that the other kid not be suspended, as they got a holiday , but should be made stay at school, and get some other job, duty, punishment, and he is probably right.By the way i was suspended eight times before being given the option to leave or be expelled (terrified child) i left, did a couple of months home school and that was that. Not long after started work in factorys. I enjoyed my suspensions as i didnt have to go to school lol

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

From the article:

Last month, she said, he was sent to the principal’s office for singing the same song to the same girl.

This time, however, he was “shaking his booty” near the girl’s face, Meadows told ABC7 News.

He acted out and was suspended for 3 days.

I will bet you a dollar he won't do it again!

no school for 3 whole days ???
i'd take that bet but this school year is too close to done

actually, i think rather fear the reprisal (hookey for 3 days), he'll find new, not so aggressive
manuevers to keep the ball rolling.
kids will be kids and testing their boundaries is part of the package.

just cause everyone wants to blame something, i blame the ringtones !!
heck my mate has "me so horny" playing when i call him, regardless of his surroundings at the time.
i'm not a big fan of it but whatever, it's harms none, it's just a song ppl, lighten-up.

i just gasp at stories like this because i realize ... these "rule-makers" are of the same generation
who were babysat by a television.
why is what was good for them, bad for the next generation ??
are they finally realizing the error of their ways ??

ah yes youth and music, the Beatles, Black Sabbath, Ziggy Marly, Jefferson Starship, the Temptations, Bob Seger, Bruce Dickinson, yes they were all soooo, ummm, pure, weren't they?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

" sooo, sexxy it hurrts." Yep I sang it aloud on the playground as well.

Let them be kids I say, S

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The real question is...

How does this stuff make it into the news? Title of the article should be "Kid misbehaves, get punished by school" but that wouldn't sound as juicy I guess. Slow news cycle?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join