It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does ATS entertain fraudulant advertising?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The only ads that have really bugged me, to be honest, are ones I actually wrote something to staff about. One was for some tank game for there has been more than one and trigger sound automatically and without my choosing to have sound at that particular moment.

I know ATS doesn't choose them...and I haven't seen one of those in quite awhile myself, so I can only assume they got something accomplished in what ad not to show even if which TO show isn't something they dictate.

I can't stand advertisers who think their stupid little widget or idea is so important, they must take over my whole screen or audio with a pop-up/under/over/arounder/througher/downer/whateverer! Ahhhh... I feel better now. I'm used to the ads...just leave my sound alone and everyone gets along.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

What is so different about ads on ATS versus any other websites?? If you don't agree with them, then simply don't be dumb enough to click on them!!! P. T. Barnum hit the nail on the head with, "There is a sucker born every minute.".

Take a deep breath and think about it! If people were intelligent enough not to click on these ads, wouldn't they just go *poof*?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I hate the ads that sound off even when you don't click them. I hate all ads but those especially. I'm just glad that we still have the option to turn the volume off. Some won't let you turn the volume off on them, so you have to turn your speaker volume down or off.

I think all the internet regulations legislations is about one thing: To control the volume of the ads played to you. Their ultimate goal is to be able to get into your computer so they can control the master volume knob so you have no choice but to listen to the ads.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Because the above network is just another corporation. They dont care about the same thing we do, they saw a niche market and moved in.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You would wonder how many trackers are linked to ATS.

Quantcast
GoogleAnalytics
ChartBeat
edit on 5-5-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Have you guys noticed all the advertisement vidoes being put on this site lately? It's pretty annoying to be searching for something then I start hearing a commercial, then I got to go look on what tab the video is playing

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

It's probably going to get worse, as ATS gets less traffic.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Well right now my pc is blocking 5

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Funny, because I thought before my reinstall it were 7?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If I was a multi millionaire or billionaire I'd run a site like this without ads period. If they tried to force ads I'd hire really good lawyers to fight them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join