It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A rant on judgmental people...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have been a member for quite a while, I usually comment on topics that interest me such as paranormal, government conspiracy, ufo's.. those sorts of things.. and those that see my posts/responses would probably classify me as a skeptic, sheeple or disinfo agent.. well you know what? I don't care.. this isn't about that.. but you'll find it's perhaps somehow related

I'm a fan of social networking.. for as long as I've been a nerd, and it's been a long time.. I've been using chat apps like ICQ, AIM, Yahoo msgr.. I even had a brief stint of fame for my first software.. I wrote an AI chatbot for ICQ which later evolved to AIM.. I got sued by AOL.. I was interviewed by a Russian magazine.... blah blah blah..

One important thing did happen in that time period however, and this gets directly to the point... Operation "dessert storm" began... I developed a bot with an engine that learned sentence structure and based it's responses accordingly ..I let it run for a while in a mode ICQ used to support called "find a random chat partner" .. after a week of running, I noticed my test bot was HORRIBLY anti-american and anti-bush.. so I reviewed the logs.. I found one person I decided to engage personally who'd been particularly harsh...

To make a long story very short.. we're now very close friends... she was a student, and because of how things were portrayed to HER she viewed all americans as horrible.. as many view most middle easterners/muslims ...

This shows the stupidity of judgement.. we judge far too easily based on simple metrics... we assume SO much because someone is asian, muslim, black, white... I am against political correctness, don't get me wrong.. we go too far.. humor is humor.. but in our judgement, in our assumption.. in our WILLINGNESS to hate and kill .. we go WAY too far... I'm as white as they come.. I'm as skinhead as they come, in so far as I shave my head daily... I'm Irish blooded, tattooed.. I listen to death metal, I write music myself.. but I also respect everyone I see until they give me reason not to .. and some of the most loving, respectful people I know are Indian, turkish, and one iranian ( a student who escaped to turkey ) ...

The bottom line is.. if we don't give the stupidity up.. we're doomed... when will we realize we're all citizens of earth, not sects of humanity..? if we keep thinking like this.. we're *****d .. sorry mods.. you know me well enough and I have reputation.. I hope you don't slap me for that one..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ultimately ... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... lets start living as humans not not sectarian .. we gain nothing with division..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
*removed for now*
edit on 5/4/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I was saddened to see this post moved to rant... just because rant was in the title.. it was perfectly on topic for where I posted.. I'm disputing this, I've been a respected member for quite some time so I was surprised..

I do respectfully ask that the mods move this back to where it was intended..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatusbut I also respect everyone I see until they give me reason not to

Same here though we have to consider our reasons closely

Some peeps cant have a discussion, for them it has to be an argument.
I get name called cos my spelling is sometimes a little whacky.

We all need to respect the fact that we can have different views/opinions without hating each other.

void.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I can understand that, spelling and grammar sometimes even gets to me mostly because I work in customer service.. but I find when the clock runs out, I forget the rules... it's easy to assume stupidity when someone takes shortcuts... I personally think it's a bad habit because it's degrading language.. but it doesn't speak for your intelligence.. not exactly on target with my point, but I get you. and you obviously get the root point.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I like your rant.

The more we get together the happier we will be....

People need to see each other for the individual animal they are, when we do we see how the same we are.

When we see how the same we are we grow, forgive, understand, learn, and sometimes even go beyond the animal we are......

Judging others is no differant than juding our selves as far as I can tell.

Judging the spirit behind someones motivation I will hold onto for a while, at least till more folks well you know grow up.

Peace and cheers.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Treespeaker
I like your rant.

The more we get together the happier we will be....

People need to see each other for the individual animal they are, when we do we see how the same we are.

When we see how the same we are we grow, forgive, understand, learn, and sometimes even go beyond the animal we are......

Judging others is no differant than juding our selves as far as I can tell.

Judging the spirit behind someones motivation I will hold onto for a while, at least till more folks well you know grow up.

Peace and cheers.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

I made the mistake of using "rant" in the title .. mods immediately shoved me to the rant forum and that was unintended... I assumed the mods read for context .. but I understand, so much gets posted... it still disheartens me... I'm struggling to get this thread relocated back where I intended it, where it was perfectly on topic.

I agree with you completely .. we are all in it together as far as I'm concerned.. if I were in a life or death situation I would want someone to help me, not throw me to the wolves, and therefore, I would do the same.. I want to help my fellow person ... and I'm an atheist .. imagine that

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe if I keep up my good behavior I'll be considered to mod one day =)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thats the thing really, Most people are in a predatory mode.

So this looks like a bit of a rant for peace, comendable but still pro cause, maybe because you are seeing it a bit deeper than before. Just a guess.

I am a consistantlly possitive person by choice and it attracts alot of flack, missery likes company. Happyness brings jealousy, and empathy brings defensive anger or love....

I understand your wish to be de-ranted, but if it stands it is a good strong opinion for co-operation in my opinion.

If it becomes blareinglly obvious that people would throw you on a grenade rather than jump on it for you.....that is the way of things...unfortunatelly.

Untill we are all willing to sacrifice for each other we will continue to sacrifice someone as a group......and for comfort.

I don't mean and hope I didnt offend, I guess my point is that I notice after all the great words we all hear...when it comes to living love...there are only a handfull for a given area actually doing it as a life style.

I hope for a time when everyone thinks toward peace and understanding,

Cheers!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Thats the thing really, Most people are in a predatory mode.

So this looks like a bit of a rant for peace, comendable but still pro cause, maybe because you are seeing it a bit deeper than before. Just a guess.

I am a consistantlly possitive person by choice and it attracts alot of flack, missery likes company. Happyness brings jealousy, and empathy brings defensive anger or love....

I understand your wish to be de-ranted, but if it stands it is a good strong opinion for co-operation in my opinion.

If it becomes blareinglly obvious that people would throw you on a grenade rather than jump on it for you.....that is the way of things...unfortunatelly.

Untill we are all willing to sacrifice for each other we will continue to sacrifice someone as a group......and for comfort.

I don't mean and hope I didnt offend, I guess my point is that I notice after all the great words we all hear...when it comes to living love...there are only a handfull for a given area actually doing it as a life style.

I hope for a time when everyone thinks toward peace and understanding,

Cheers!

Maybe I'm unique in that sense.. i can't imagine living at someone elses expense.. that mere thought seems alien to me .. that disgusts me... I thrive on the idea of companionship .. the idea we work together to be one... and I'm the atheist ..

I want to help, I want to push us forward.. I want us to be one .. but we're so far from it, I feel like I'm a million years into our infancy..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
this topic died because it was mis placed.... that upsets me...I know the mods are doing there things and I made a cardinal mistake of using a word... but please ... take more caution next time.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Not sure where it was but you might try a metaphysical forum with a new post as it is a heavy topic.

"A million years in our infancy" speaks well to human progress as far as really important things. We made some nice toys though.

How does a species drop herd mentality when it is infact a herd animal to begin with....I'm sure they have some people on it.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Not sure where it was but you might try a metaphysical forum with a new post as it is a heavy topic.

"A million years in our infancy" speaks well to human progress as far as really important things. We made some nice toys though.

How does a species drop herd mentality when it is infact a herd animal to begin with....I'm sure they have some people on it.

I'm atheist... metaphysical wouldn't fit my belief.. I'm interested in human social interaction.. my intended forum was perfect .. but the op saw fit to read the word "rant" and and throw me into a forum...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You're not the only one out there. This kind of thing has been discussed at length in decision theory or game theory, and many real-life scenarios could indeed be modelled such that what constitutes as "altruism" is the optimal strategy.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I hear you.

If you are judging anyone for something other than being harmful to another there is something wrong.

Just felt this song was fitting the mood

You have to understand that there are many things conflicting with each other right now, you have people who want peace, people who believe peace will mean war, people who believe war will bring peace, people who believe that King Kong will do a massive dump on my face.

Get the point, BELIEF.

I could not give a crap but King Kong does

Do not think im ignorant to others beliefs but there comes a time when a man looks at the world with what little wisdom he has and realises that there are fools and if there were not, the word would not exist!

So relax and take comfort in the fact that you are alive and can do whatever you wish too, just do not be a gorilla if you get me and you can live with yourself.

edit on 4-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

and those that see my posts/responses would probably classify me as a skeptic, sheeple or disinfo agent..

Skeptic maybe, but a sheeple or dis-info agent? I don't get that from your posts at all. "Sheeple" don't exercise their critical faculties. Which brings me to my on-topic point.

It is because we, as a society, have come to lack analytical and critical thinking skills. Instead of forming indpendent thought based on objective (and subjective) observance, we parrot what we hear. Not good.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

and those that see my posts/responses would probably classify me as a skeptic, sheeple or disinfo agent..

Skeptic maybe, but a sheeple or dis-info agent? I don't get that from your posts at all. "Sheeple" don't exercise their critical faculties. Which brings me to my on-topic point.

It is because we, as a society, have come to lack analytical and critical thinking skills. Instead of forming indpendent thought based on objective (and subjective) observance, we parrot what we hear. Not good.

A person that gets it.

Bravo.

We are imitating other peoples lives from the past, opinions and beliefs, instead of living from within and being true to who we are.

We are being false to ourselves and everyone is wondering why we are becoming pill poppers and depressive maniacs??

Bravo!

edit on 4-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm absolutely thrilled to wake up and see intelligent posts.. this thread didn't derail overnight as many have... my faith in humanity has been restored
.... until I read other posts from this morning that is

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Skeptic maybe, but a sheeple or dis-info agent? I don't get that from your posts at all.

Thank you - I've been called all of the above simply for not agreeing, or for taking another approach to a topic... When a person firmly believes something and you introduce an alternative, they don't always take kindly to it. I've gotten used to heavy insult for free thinking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join