It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas: Israel will face consequences if hunger striker dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
“We are summoned to ready armies to free our prisoners," Hamas leader Khalil al-Haya says as more than 1500 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails continue to refuse food in protest of administrative detention.

Jpost.com / Alternative source

A Hamas leader warned Friday that Israel would face "unexpected" consequences if any of the approximately 1,550 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails currently on hunger strike were to die.

“You must realize that the hunger strike isn’t a party, and we could be surprised by the death of some of them,” AFP quoted Khalil al-Haya as saying at a solidarity tent for the strikers in Gaza City. “If that happens, you can expect both the expected and the unexpected from us,” he added.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Daedal because: Source added

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hamas: blah blah blah kill millions blah blah blah

Is that all Hamas can ever do?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Well its better then actually doing it like Israel does.

Too bad Hamas doesn't get funded billions from the US like Israel does.

I find it very scary that you would react like this to stories of people being tortured, what Israel is doing is no better then what the Nazis did.
edit on 4-5-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Very well put. SO..Hamas is basically saying that because these idiots have chosen to commit suicide by empty dinner plate, Israel must step and fetch like a butler in a bad movie and do their bidding..or ELSE! Well, Else away is what I'm thinking. Aside from a chuckle and some eyes rolling in the PM's office, I'm guessing Israel really doesn't care what Hamas thinks or wants. They weren't terribly decent about their end of things AFTER past swaps which never should have happened anyway...

Let 'em starve. No one is doing it to them or it'd be entirely different. In a world of real hunger though, heck with people who want to use an empty plate as a political tool. I say, let 'em eat NOTHING then.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm a westerner .. born and raised, but even I think things are crap there... yes it's bad for Israel to be isolated and surrounded by hostiles.. but it's beyond that... Israel also displaced a native population.... the dispute is over land.. Israel claims it because some mythical person gave it to them..... reality dictates that it shouldn't be this way... violence over land that they never had to begin with... I would embrace them here at home... there's places to go.. it's not worth bombing eachother for it.. it simply isn't... religion is such a plague...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So what is he actually saying they are going to Kill more Israeli civilians if these idiots starve themselves to death?
If that happens then Israel should wipe the area clean going after him.

Or better yet tube feed those prisoners and save some civilians from death.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Brainwash 7 year olds to do the killing for them because they don't want to die themselves.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hamas was created by Israel.

BOO HOO.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Oh no! HAMAS murderers are going to starve themselves to death if Israel doesn't release them?! Oh the tragedy! Quick, call Human Rights Watch! Amnesty! The UN! Pizza Hut! Someone do something, please! [/sarcasm]

On a serious note, I anticipate HAMAS' actual reaction. They have a pride-evoking history of not following up on their promises, disseminating empty threats like shifting sands, without even considering the fulfillment of their grandiose intimidations. If they intend to start a war with Israel (and doing so, drag to whole region to yet another war) over their own prisoners' hunger strike, so be it; I'm sure Israel will be glad to teach the racketeering, extortionist terrorists where their place is.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RATSOYFY37

Hunger strikes are a desperate tactic ;

Dropping 1000lb bombs from F-16 is so much more civilised.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
the fools that are praising this

you do realise most these people held are done so without trial
Most are still Kids
Most these people's only crime is to be a palestinian

Let them Die?

then again i doubt most people would be using these words if it were their family, Friends or someone they knew that was being held without cause or trial.

what a bunch of *Blanks*

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Brainwash 7 year olds to do the killing for them because they don't want to die themselves.

sadly in this day and age it works so well on the masses

They indoctrine that the Israelis are Evil because of their loss of land and homes to their Kids
and they will carry that on

The Israelis will do the same with their kids indoctrine that the palestinians are on their god given land
and they can be killed

in the US you have Fox and other media which holds most influance to help support use of weapons on civilians
same goes to state run stations in the middle east

so why just point out they are doing it,

one side just happens to have the guns and firepower not to have to use satistuc tactics

one party uses their body, the other uses F-16s with bombs

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I do not support firing on civilians by any means by any government or military establishment, Hamas however makes no such distinction.

Yeah i totally get that Israel is walling palestinains up in towns like Bethlehem and no i do not agree with it because those are basically open air prisons and no it is not right but when you have the choice to stay or die then for your family's safety you should leave. Let them have the damned ground it is not worth dying over.

I am sick of watching people die over a plot of ground, and over religion when all this is unecessary. I am sick of watching people blow themselves up to go to heaven when they do not even have to.

Throw your Talmud's down and Quran's down and burn them, because both books are wicked and teaches that its ok to kill people who are different and hold different beliefs. Just stop! It's that simple, just stop doing this crap!

new topics

top topics

join