It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO: Russia talk of pre-emptive strike unjustified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

NATO: Russia talk of pre-emptive strike unjustified

www.euronews.com

BERLIN (Reuters) – A Kremlin threat to launch pre-emptive strikes on a planned NATO missile defence system in Europe is unjustified as the system poses no threat to Russia’s security, the head of the Atlantic alliance said on Friday.

NATO has long insisted that the anti-missile shield it is developing is aimed at protecting member states from a possible Iranian attack.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
fullcomment.natio nalpost.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Really NATO? NATO says that Russia talk of pre-emptive strike is unjustified?? and NATO what about the unjustified attack on Libya that you have done? by oer stepping the UN resolution which specifically called on protecting civilians not doing a regime change.

And now claims that Russia talk of pre-emptive strike is unjustified? well i dont think so if Russia views that the anti-missile shield are a threat they have ever right to defend themselves agaisnt NATO.

Maybe NATO shouldn't be underestimating the Russians.
Get this comment by NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmusse.

(“Our missile defense system is not technically designed to threaten Russia in any way and we have provided that information to the Russians. Politically, we don’t have any intention to attack Russia,” he added.)

NATO doesn't have any intention to attack Russia Really? says who NATO? the same NATO that lied to the media about when they were targeting Gaddafi and they claimed that they weren't targeting Gaddafi and yet later in a few months they were already targeting him and all of his family members.

And the same NATO that when they bombed Serbia and when they were targeting that civilian passenger train?

Why did NATO speed up that footage eh? covering up a crime? and why would NATO bomb the Serbian TV news station? sounds to me when NATO was bombing Serbia.

They weren't military infrastructure but rather civilian infrastructure just like how the Nazis have done it in WW2 with there bombers.

Well ATS there you have it NATO hypocrisy, but as my analysis are predicting if there is a war agaisnt Russia.

NATO would target all the nonfunctional nuclear power plants in Russia that is the aim of the anti-missile shield.

Forget the name anti-missile shield they should recall it as missile shield super weapon.

I find it quite laughable that NATO is claiming that they are building this anti-missile shield against the possible, the imaginary threat.

If they want to build anti-missile shield against Iran why not just placed in Israel then? or Turkey?

Oh wait but NATO said they weren't targeting Russia because they have no intention to attack Russia at all.

www.euronews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Lawyers are looking at these "statements" at all angles. So, "unjustified" isnt really that bad of wording. Because, if NATO felt Russia was "justified" in another case, such as Chechnya, than it would be OK.

So basically Russia CAN do exactly what the US says it can do, Pre-emptive War, because NATO will say it is "justified" in those cases when Russia makes its case in front of a G20 session or in front of NATO itself. I believe most of the debates over the War in Iraq or threatening Venuzuela a couple years ago there were Leaders from those Countries debating and arguing in front of the NATO members.

edit on 4-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I really hope Russia does not back down, the last thing we need is for the US to have no one keeping them in line because we all know what the US can be capable of.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Can anyone properly explain why this missile shield needs to be located
in Eastern and Northern Europe?

I don't think the Russians would dare launch a preemptive strike against the West. I think they just want
us to Listen and cut a deal, and very likely a deal will be done.

Problems are ahead if the next president of the US is a hawkish republican though, then the entire situation might get a little hot!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So russia says, we will pre-emptively attack you. And in return the best nato can say is, you cannot say that russia you are unjustified.

I thought nato was tough. Big weapons and super world force to be reckoned with. Nato sure talks tough when the little guys have something to say. Where is all that tough talk now.

Hey nato there is a gorilla in your room and it wants some bananas.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well this reminds me of over half a year ago Russia putting their missiles on alert, and explained this threat in full, and said in the video that the US side was simply asking for them to trust them on this.

Sounds alot like this article. "Sure we're buiding nuke bases all around you, but just trust everything is alright"

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

L
L
the hypocrisy is strong with amerika

as i predicted, when you establish precedents
don't try to hold others to rules you refuse to obey

if he keeps it up, the POSUS can now look forward to one day being Qaddafi'd
or blown to bits with his family by a russian or other countries drones
what goes around comes around.

unlike the current POSUS and his predecessor