It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Whoa, so its give the land back and we need to leave it? Oh yeah, can you just see it. All of Australia all of North America, a good portion of the Carribean, yeah we all move into a 3 br flat in London. Are you ready for that GB?

Australians were placed on a boat and thrown on the rock that is Australia when the inbred monarchs of Great Britian decided to throw anyone they wanted into their already overpacked prisons. I don't think England wants them back - nor would they like to talk about that situation where a bunch of their own colonists beat the world's greatest navy not once, but twice in open war... or about that time that piracy was new and exciting until one day it was old and dull.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You think it's a bad thing to share land?
Okay then.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Lets say we give the land back to the natives.

The next step would be sending blacks back to Africa.

We cant change the past. We cant fix this either.

It is what it is.

Most nations have a dark past.

But we need to strive for a bright future.

Without our history we learn nothing. Our history also speaks of our advancements. It shows how we learn from past mistakes. Of course some lessons are still being learned but over all mankind is in a better place today then it was in the 1600's when we first stepped onto these shores. We have learned what it truely means to be equal. Back then it was thought that the natives were less human than the whites from Europe. It was even written into law. Today, we know that different skin colors do not indicate different species as was once thought. Today, most people do not consider skin color as an indicator of intelligence or stature. ( I said most but obviously not all) Progress is the opposite of entrophy, lets keep moving.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It is the karma of past deeds which have created many of the Native Americans we know today. Same mentality which stole the lives of the Natives long ago which are back in the flesh controlling today. Same energy of soul/mind different color flesh.

There are also many who have chosen to come back and to again fight these same energies....

As if these people were actually natives of the land. If we're sending everyone off the land they need to head on back to Asia.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

I love history. Y ou are correct, Australia was once just a prison but still the Aborigonies were the natives so if we give all land back to the original occupants then the rest of us have to go back to the mother country, in this case GB. SOOOOOO, move over and make room at the table.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Wow.....and I'm a Kiwi born Australian and have met literally 1000's of Native Americans - none of them white, upon my last visit to the USA; even got to stay on a "closed" reservation to outsiders where outsiders must get a special invite. I was privilaged indeed. Can't wait for my next visit!

Up on the border of Canada - another reservation where I met 100's of Native Americans......

and you only met 5?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister

Originally posted by antar
It is the karma of past deeds which have created many of the Native Americans we know today. Same mentality which stole the lives of the Natives long ago which are back in the flesh controlling today. Same energy of soul/mind different color flesh.

There are also many who have chosen to come back and to again fight these same energies....

As if these people were actually natives of the land. If we're sending everyone off the land they need to head on back to Asia.

Yes, just how far back should the deal go ? Are we talking prehistoric ? Our ancestors were hunter gatherers. They moved where the opportunities were. Hey that sounds just like us today.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boeserwolf

Amen to that my friend!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
See how it feels when someone tell you how to run YOUR country? Exact same thing the US has been doing to dozens of countries.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Don't call me racist, I'm an italian/amazon rainforest mix.

Yes it's a well known fact, only whites are racists

This is not an argument my friend.
You can be black, white, yellow, purple, grey or any subtropical mix of colors, anyone can fall into the racism trap...

The quote "don't judge a book by its cover" has multiple meanings and is worth for everybody.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Trueman

Wow.....and I'm a Kiwi born Australian and have met literally 1000's of Native Americans - none of them white, upon my last visit to the USA; even got to stay on a "closed" reservation to outsiders where outsiders must get a special invite. I was privilaged indeed. Can't wait for my next visit!

Up on the border of Canada - another reservation where I met 100's of Native Americans......

and you only met 5?

It happens. I lived in NY, within 35 miles of NYC from birth until I moved away to Virginia 35 years later. I've never been to the Statue of Liberty. Nope, not once. It was right there. I've seen it from a distance but never went there. I have met a few pure native americans in my life but most are mixed heratage these days anyway. I have never even seen a reservation never mind visited one.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jokerzwild

Upon discussing with my Native American friends on a reservation, we talked much of the Kibbutz/Moshav style of living that would do many of the poorer reservations well.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Trueman

and you only met 5?

Yeah, I'm in NJ. I passed by reservations few times maybe, but can't tell if people there were native american or not.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Like most Kiwis and Australians who get to see NYC, it was one of the few cities I never ventured in to. I enjoyed the rich cultural aspects of the reservations I was on while over there. Loved the people immensely.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
See how it feels when someone tell you how to run YOUR country? Exact same thing the US has been doing to dozens of countries.

First off, we dont tell ANYONE how to run their country. We offer assistance and guidence and a very sound example of how to run things but we dont make anyone do anything they dont want to. That was the whole premise of this United States of America in the first place. Freedom to live and freedom to lead ourselves. A democracy may not be the ideal solution but its probably closest to it than most other forms of governance and it puts power equally in everyones hands.
I suppose you dont think the world would be better off if every country was run like this one ?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You know I love this idea that the American "natives", the people that are actually Asian and not technically native to the land, were somehow completely innocent until the big bad Europeans came over and just started a war. Nobody seems to mention how these tribes were already at war with each other or how Europeans were brought into these wars by the tribes themselves. No let's all think that the poor indians were doing nothing but placing feathers on their heads until the bad white man came along.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Exactly. Also, I don't see the point of determinate the ethnicity of the people. My first wife was black, she had no clue from what part of Africa her roots are, who cares?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister
The UN is the new pope. Everyone runs around trying to please the new pope and were still at war with brown people. Things haven't changed much in the past 1000 years. We even have the crusades back but they're called "kinetic military action" or "love bombs" now. And everyone still wants to be a King but now we call them Presidents or Prime Ministers. We even have royal weddings where the people flock to kiss the boot of the scum that has enslaved them for the past thousand years! Nice to know we haven't evolved past the medieval mindset (it's pathetic actually).
edit on 4-5-2012 by Jagermeister because: (no reason given)

Trust me, the U.S. created this pope, runs this pope and does whatever she wants. What is happening right now with this investigation, is because the U.S. wants it to. Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Jean Paul: All warfare is based upon deception, but I am not at war with you, or with the Sioux Nation. I am, however, entirely unimpressed with the United Nations and their facile form of nonsense. Your willingness to use deception does make me wonder why it is you are at war with me?

I'm not at "war" with anyone. And I'm not being emotional. The Sioux want their lands back and the US government wants to give them worthless chits. What a good plan.

I am not a fan of the UN, either, just as I am not a fan of the US government. If the government had dealt honorably with the native peoples in the first place, we'd be talking about something else right now. But that's not how it works. Heck, even being an ally of the US government is about the stupidest thing you could do. Just ask Saddam. Or Bin Laden. Oh wait, you can't.
Yeah, they were allies. Of course they were. The land here in the united states was settled and conquored by the people, not by the government. Mr Smith wanted a farm bigger than Mr Jones, so he moved to where there were no people and claimed the land for himself. The original occupants of this land were scattered everywhere. No one owned anything. The idea of ownership of the land was unknown to these people. They used the land, they hunted, they farmed, the harvested but they never owned. So since they never owned it there is no one to give it back to.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

True; you may find some historical info here of the Native American tribes:

hotcakencyclopedia.com...

I myself have some origins among one of the Native Canadian tribes of Nova Scotia.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join