It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The end point to this would be to have every native land returned to it's original occupants. I'm not sure the UK could handle a return of all our Colonists and former colonists from every corner of the earth.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Lets say we give the land back to the natives.

The next step would be sending blacks back to Africa.

We cant change the past. We cant fix this either.

It is what it is.

Most nations have a dark past.

But we need to strive for a bright future.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How about Canada giving back Indian land?

But there's no Indians in Canada, therefore there's no Indian land.
Indians are from India (I suppose you know that).

I take it you don't like the UN dictating what lands should be Native American and what lands should be of European ancestry? (you're not a Native American).

Now, if you was a Native American, would this thread be different?
Of course it would.
And how can you speak about others telling the US what and what not to do, when all she does is exactly that.
Come out the cave man.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I do get tired of hearing about how people should pay restitution.

Do you have any idea how far back you can take this crap? Every country and race in this world would owe something to someone.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
That same :Un who didn't stop the ethnic cleansing in Africa,Darfur and other parts of the world.

How about the UN telling Australia to give back all the aboriginal lands?

Woah, I was agreeing with you until you said "tell Australia to give back all the aboriginal lands".

Now as you are an American, let me fill you in on your ignorance. In Australia the Aborigines to some extent govern themselves and only need the government to provide education and healthcare of which they already do.

When you say Australia you are quite literally referring to the Aboriginals as they are recognized in this land and their culture is accepted as mainstream Australian culture.

That is a stark difference to the US where Americans have sought to create their own culture (burgers and coke) and to distance themselves from the natives.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

That same :Un who didn't stop the ethnic cleansing in Africa,Darfur and other parts of the world.

You are a freaking dumbarse

Australia has given back alot of Aboriginal land. They have the freedom to do what ever they please. They own the land.

We don't force the natives to live on reserves while keeping them secluded from society and not paying them amends, as another country does. *cough* USA *cough*

Besides, the USA should give back more land than Australia, the way that American colonists slaughtered,
r aped, and pillaged the Natives and their homes, nearly wiping them to the edge of extinction.

We are lightyears ahead of the USA in White-Native relationship/fairness.

Deny Ignorance my friend.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What would really be cool is if a Native American some how became the President of the USA. Its not that far fetched an idea if a black dude can be the boss then why not an Indian? Then again they have wiped out the majority of the indigenous populace over the centuries so i suppose finding votes for such a candidate would be a challenge eh? LoL
edit on 5-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
What would really be cool is if a Native American some how became the President of the USA. Its not that far fetched an idea if a black dude can be the boss then why not an Indian? Then again they have wiped out the majority of the indigenous populace over the centuries so i suppose finding votes for such a candidate would be a challenge eh? LoL

Why do you Americans find race so fascinating? Seriously?
If there ever was an Aboriginal Australian candidate I wouldnt vote for him because he was Indigenous, I would vote on his policies.
A Native American President shouldn't have to get into power because his race might hold the majority of the nations populace, he should get into power through his policies and that goes for all races too.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

The fact is the US has broken most of the "agreements" or treaties, if you will, that we made with the natives. We have stolen lands outlined in those treaties that the Native Americans were to keep, and it's time to honor the treaties we signed and give back those lands.

Might does not make right.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by neo96

How about Canada giving back Indian land?

But there's no Indians in Canada, therefore there's no Indian land.
Indians are from India (I suppose you know that).

I take it you don't like the UN dictating what lands should be Native American and what lands should be of European ancestry? (you're not a Native American).

Now, if you was a Native American, would this thread be different?
Of course it would.
And how can you speak about others telling the US what and what not to do, when all she does is exactly that.
Come out the cave man.

Wow, what a forward-thinking person you are! Since one person did something wrong, now we shouldn't bitch when someone else does the same, and someone else, and so on...and so on... I'm pretty sure most.of us Americans do not agree with what our government does, but that is not the topic of this thread, is it? If you want to talk about what America has done, then go make a thread about that, please. This is about the un suggesting the native land be returned. By your logic, we shouldn't bitch if some nukes go off in America because we did it to someone else. And your logic is so flawed, I don't even know if you're being serious or not... You think that person, or any other American poster on this forum, had anything to do with decisions about telling any other country what to do? No. That's not how a government works. If a person in the government involved in making such decisions were to decry the suggestions by the un, then you could say "oh but you do that all the time". That's like blaming me for the us soldiers posing with corpses overseas. Or blaming the copy machine guy for what happened in the mailroom. So you're damn right the American Citizens have a right to voice their opinions for or against this suggestion. But hey, go back to your "two wrongs makes a right" mentality... See how far that gets you.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

I am Native American and that comment is something I would expect from an idiot. I hope it was just a joke as you do not appear to be an idiot. As for the U.N. They are a self empowered entity that should not exist. IMHO the U.N. is an illegal organization that violates several federal laws.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

You are a freaking dumbarse

Australia has given back alot of Aboriginal land. They have the freedom to do what ever they please. They own the land.

We don't force the natives to live on reserves while keeping them secluded from society and not paying them amends, as another country does. *cough* USA *cough*

Besides, the USA should give back more land than Australia, the way that American colonists slaughtered,
r aped, and pillaged the Natives and their homes, nearly wiping them to the edge of extinction.

We are lightyears ahead of the USA in White-Native relationship/fairness.

Deny Ignorance my friend.

Many thanks to you and the other "capitol" poster for sharing this. It's my opinion that many Americans do not know this, as information, propaganda, etc, is controlled tightly ever since gradeschool. It is my wish that we will be able to move forward in a similar fashion in our country. Australia is not two countries though, is it? Would this be like giving them their own state that they would govern? Or would only natives be able to live.on the land? Or could a white or black person live there too? How does this work in Australia? It's very interesting ro me as I never knew about this.

I was never against the idea. But the arguments out forth by the poster I addressed in my other post on this thread were found to be incorrect by me.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The end point to this would be to have every native land returned to it's original occupants. I'm not sure the UK could handle a return of all our Colonists and former colonists from every corner of the earth.

Please save me a spot
But seriously, I was thinking the same. We'd all have to go back where we came from. I'm English, Irish, Scottish, French mixed, so not sure where I would start.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
That's a lot of land for the 3 American Indians that still exist.

Somehow you are right, I met about 5 so called "Native Americans" in my life. All of them are white, some have blue eyes and they like Jhonny Cash a lot. One of them is a priest in his own church.

I wish I can find real native americans one day.

Don't call me racist, I'm an italian/amazon rainforest mix.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Considering the fact that the natives never thought they owned the land in the first place just who should we be returning this land to ? And how much, from the east coast to the west coast? Did they occupy every inch of the place? No, still there is a lot of unoccupied land here in the US.
PS Indians live in India.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Britain is called the whore daughter of the Roman Empire for a reason. And while the Queen walks around with the title "Queen of Wales", it openly mocks the true original occupants of Britain before William the Conquerer or even Julius Caesar failed his initial invasion. But if not for the Bastard or the great general, the culture of once-Great Britian would be very different. So now we have Scottland and Ireland both of which somehow have effectively been neutered to that point that their entire population bows down to the false German monarch aswell. So much for William Wallace. But atleast we don't have to deal with inbred Kings like George that thought war with the colonies was fun. Now you just have a wacked out prince that wants to come back from the dead as a virus - again more than likely the result of generations of inbreeding.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Jagermeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And...considering that we bought the entire island of Manhattan for the equivilant of $24.00 I say, just give em a refund. Done. The United Nations building sits on this nice piece of real estate. Do they plan on relocating? And if so, to where ? Hey I know, Europe, get them off our soil for good.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It is the karma of past deeds which have created many of the Native Americans we know today. Same mentality which stole the lives of the Natives long ago which are back in the flesh controlling today. Same energy of soul/mind different color flesh.

There are also many who have chosen to come back and to again fight these same energies....

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by neo96

And...considering that we bought the entire island of Manhattan for the equivilant of $24.00 I say, just give em a refund. Done. The United Nations building sits on this nice piece of real estate. Do they plan on relocating? And if so, to where ? Hey I know, Europe, get them off our soil for good.

The Vatican. That room under it where Leondardo cut open dead bodies and painted them. I heard it's nice and cool.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Whoa, so its give the land back and we need to leave it? Oh yeah, can you just see it. All of Australia all of North America, a good portion of the Carribean, yeah we all move into a 3 br flat in London. Are you ready for that GB?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join