It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
I believe that all the land of Australia should be returned to the aborigines and while we are at it everyone should move back into Africa in a reverse migration and desert the rest of the world since it does not belong them./s

Even better, we must focus on inventing a time machine. It is the only way. And then we can send a Nuke back to Rome, and prevent ANY of it all from happening in the first place.

Who's up for it.. Where'd that kid go who said he could make a time machine with .. blue lazers and some string...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by neo96

Yeah , and the Entire European Continent should be Returned to the Neanderthals from which it was Stolen ...Oh , wait , their Exstinct ! ............

Actually, there was some speculation that Red Headed people are genetically separate from other modern humans, and that we may be genetic ancestors to Neanderthal.

Imma start growing my hair again, I've got me some claims to make!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlawlessLegend

You sound like you want what pretty much everyone wants.

Sadly, I was ripped from my ancestral lands via my parents, and my tribe has been scattered across the globe.

I'm white though, so I can't have a sook about it and demand things.

I'll have to do what I can with what I have. No one's giving me handouts because of my past.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Throughout history land has been taken by the many countries that went to war - if it applies to one, it should apply to all but let's face it, it's never going to happen. And if it ever did, none of us would know what damn country we belong to - it would be like musical chairs.

Why doesn't the UN suggest that it stops from today - no more taking other peoples land, oil, jobs etc - quite simple.

But that doesn't fit with their real agenda does it!

They want to mobilize humanity into compartments where each country will end up being a producer of one or two particular products and you will be allocated to that country. International travel will be restricted to only a certain class they're already preparing for this - think TSA Machines and all the other Airport Checks - you won't be allowed to leave your compartment. You'll be put in your compartment after the big cull. By a foreign army because they know that your own army won't turn against their own people. (movement of foreign troops all around the world are already being put in place and guess what - our own troops will train them)

This has already started with J Gillard announcing to the Australians that their country is to become the food producer for the world - Yip, it's a big country. Looks like America will be the compartment for Chinese fancy goods for the world.
All the pieces are being put in place - they're 10 steps ahead of us all and we're past the point of rewind.

Then when all is in place we'll have One Global President! Welcome to the World.
edit on 6-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Why is that necessarily a bad thing? With potentially 12 billion people alive by 2050 on already strained resources, if we don't organise ourselves efficiently we are going to descend into something far, far worse than a measure of totalitarianism. And then everything that humanity has worked towards for the past 5,000 years will have been utterly lost.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
So who governs the land that we "give back"? Do they become their own nation? Where is the 56 million acres of land they are wanting to give back?

I agree the American Native lands were raped and they got a bum deal but come on. How would they thrive and prosper in this deal? And why are there so many unemployed Indians? Why can't they get jobs?

Why would they when the US pays them not to... My ex's boyfriend is Indian and they live off HIS money that he gets from the government while me and her daughter struggle. They don't pay child support because it's not HIS responsibility... but they live together... Not saying all, but the ones I have met were bums...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yet another American who wholeheartedly believes it is good and right that America dictates what the rest of the world does but God help us if we DARE tell America what to do.

How DARE someone stick up for the underdog, the victims, and demand they be given recompense. How DARE the U.N. for suggesting America do something right for once.

Hurry up and fade away into the annuls of history (the one shoved up the back of the bookcase, covered in dust and unread for at least a generation and only then to be used as a warning for what happens to unbridled greed, corruption, arrogance and violence).

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
There was a war. The natives lost.

Then there was a purchasing agreement. The natives made a foolish decision.

Call me racist if you like, but why is the US Government supposed to return this land?

No. The natives signed treaties which were broken by the white man. In fact, EVERY treaty they signed was broken by the white man. Treaties susperceed the constitution. They are still the law of the land. The government needs to abide by these treaties. In cases where the land has been developed already and is "owned" by white people, the natives should be able to collect all the property tax for that land and keep it for themselves. We made good treaties with the white man who then welshed on every single one of them. Bunch of liars.

It is our country, not yours. We have the rights to it, you are merely invaders and thieves. Our time will come again.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Lets start at the beginning.

What was the purpose of rounding up all of the tribespeople and sticking them on reservations (some of whom were jammed together with others who were not affiliated or even friendfly with one other) if not to make them more easily controlled and utterly dependent upon government and corporate service providers for their daily needs? Why were they then systematically deprived of the government help that had been promised if they would relocate and many starved to death and died from disease as a result?

Okay, now think about the white populations that were, at that time, scattered all over the country on small farms and in small towns where farming provided almost all of the daily needs of the communities, including employment, and how they were all systematically foreclosed upon in wave after wave of bankruptcy and driven into reservations called cities.

Herding bankrupt farmers into ever growing population centers started in the 1920s, gained momentum in the 1930s and there have been very few decades between then and now when an increasing number of farmers haven't been driven off their land by insurmountable debt and concocted bank panics and into ever growing cities "where the jobs are", and where they became more easily controlled and made utterly dependent upon government and corporate service providers for their daily needs.

Think about how this made everyone ever more dependent on imported foods and foreign made products, not to mention the growing influence of this foreign governing body called the UN on all of us. That should have been a big fat clue long ago that we were systematically being taken down. Now its a flashing red sign right in our faces.

Can't anyone make the connection? This is not now, nor has it ever been, a war between races. Sure they've baited us into thinking it was and some (maybe most) have fallen for it, but it has always been a war of the haves against the have nots and if we don't get over ourselves and start working together, the UN, which is just one more step in the progression of the world corporate government (fascist) power grab, they will make sure we collectively will remain have nots.

And we will blame each other intstead of those who did it to us. Just like always.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is so sad. these people just steal steal steal.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think the problem here is misunderstanding...the UN made a suggestion and we should go Ok thanks for your suggestion and continue with our day. And as far as America always telling other people what to do honestly its not exactly America doing that its usually a few people with money in politics who call all the shots here I mean no one has ever stopped by and asked me for my opinion on these things or I would say we need to mind our own business. In reality our votes dont mean smack its almost a waste of time for politicians to campaign.

Did the American Indians get a bad deal? Absolutely!

And life has gone on for everyone since then. This is not something that happened a few years ago we are talking generations ago. My family had everything taken from them during WW2 and barely escaped from Germany to stay alive but I don't think Germany should be giving me my family lands back.

History shows us no matter where in the world you are lands are taken and treaties are broken all the time. It's life and yep it bites but we all deal with it.

So, thanks for your suggestion U.N.
and now i will go on with my day

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by alldaylong

no the French already did help us... that's why we're cool with the French, so cool in fact that America and France has a law stating that we wouldn't commemorate any statue dealing with the American revolution without it being a joint effort between France and the United States.

...little factiod for ya

besides no one likes the Brits anyway!

I am glad no one like the Brits. It shows how much we have given to the world and people are envious and jealous of us

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Okay, now think about the white populations that were, at that time, scattered all over the country on small farms and in small towns where farming provided almost all of the daily needs of the communities, including employment, and how they were all systematically foreclosed upon in wave after wave of bankruptcy and driven into reservations called cities.
reply to post by frazzle

Good insight.

Everything and everyone is used by this world.

Use the Indians to get there land.

Use the prairie land and produce bumper crops never before seen.

Use the farmers and then get their land.

Use slaves to work the land.

Use factory workers to produce and allow Corporations to grow.

Use the middle class and their investments to create large banking institutions

Use illegal immigrants 'cause slavery isn't legal anymore.

Use asian labor, 'cause it worked on railroads why not iphones.

Use that plastic bottle

Then throw it away..........

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Only because we allow ourselves to be used. Only because we allow the users to inject divisive language into the various cultures that takes the heat off themselves and puts it on others. Only because so many people BELIEVE the lies.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

no the French already did help us... that's why we're cool with the French, so cool in fact that America and France has a law stating that we wouldn't commemorate any statue dealing with the American revolution without it being a joint effort between France and the United States.

...little factiod for ya

I am glad no one like the Brits. It shows how much we have given to the world and people are envious and jealous of us

thanks... Britain has given the world aristocrats and monarchs, some contribution

you guys can have Canada... we're getting ready to transfer the southern border wall to our border on the north. Central and South Americans are much cooler... and they work too

edit on 6-5-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

...little factiod for ya

thanks... Britain has given the world aristocrats and monarchs, some contribution

you guys can have Canada... we're getting ready to transfer the southern border wall to our border on the north. Central and South Americans are much cooler... and they work too

edit on 6-5-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

We gave the world "The Industrial Revolution" So say thank you to Britain for giving you the modern world

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I am sorry... it was America which has spawned the industrial age, the space age and the information age.

if I recall it was American tanks during the Great War which stood against the German counterparts...

America yet again to save those snobby butts!

why? is what I want to know because I myself would be much happier you ya'll were speaking German by now!

even though Hitler had his sights set on America during WW2, it wasn't the case during the Great War...

just listen to them!!!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I am sorry... it was America which has spawned the industrial age, the space age and the information age.

if I recall it was American tanks during the Great War which stood against the German counterparts...

America yet again to save those snobby butts!

why? is what I want to know because I myself would be much happier you ya'll were speaking German by now!

even though Hitler had his sights set on America during WW2, it wasn't the case during the Great War...

just listen to them!!!

LOL what a complete tool you are. Here you are learn some REAL history not stupid Yank made up stuff:-

en.wikipedia.org...

So you think the Yanks invented the tank?:-

en.wikipedia.org...:-

en.wikipedia.org...

The Yanks didn't even have tanks in The Great War.

Well done The American Education System

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
There was a war. The natives lost.

Then there was a purchasing agreement. The natives made a foolish decision.

Call me racist if you like, but why is the US Government supposed to return this land?

If you insist, then you are a racist.

The land should returned because it was taken by force.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
With the same logic, the U.S. should give back the original 13 colonies to England, that we stole from them in 1776.
Then, England can give it ALL back to the indians, because in effect, they stole the Colonies from them.

That's only the 'same logic' if you only read the headline, and think anyone at the UN is actually suggesting the US give back ALL of the United States to natives. But, of course, that's not what the article actually says, is it?

ETA: Seriously, people, it;s like an epidemic here where 90% of the comments are based on reading NOTHING MORE THAN THE HEADLINE! Read the damned article if you want to comment!
edit on 6-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join