US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The Native Americans were taken over with horrible deals, genocide, and completely unfair battles. That being said, they were conquered.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I always thought it would be a good idea, but when presented as a UN order, I quickly change my mind.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Like signing treaties that they couldn't read with an X and believing what they were told. Yeah, we know better than that, right? No fine print in the contracts WE sign, no siree.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Honestly who the hell listens to what the US Government says?

North Korea doesn't,.
Iran Doesn't

Why should they? So do you think its right that the U.S. Government tries to tell those countries what to do? And if they refuse, do you think its right that those countries get conquered?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Neo, no one at the UN is dictating anything. A specific group tasked with studying the issue has made a suggestion, which the US is free to ignore or follow. That is all the UN does. Calm your tits.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
So who governs the land that we "give back"? Do they become their own nation? Where is the 56 million acres of land they are wanting to give back?

I agree the American Native lands were raped and they got a bum deal but come on. How would they thrive and prosper in this deal? And why are there so many unemployed Indians? Why can't they get jobs?

Actually, I think the US should give all of the tribes a single enclave nation just like we did for Israel after WW2. It should have happened to begin with. It's not like we are running out of space.

link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
So who governs the land that we "give back"? Do they become their own nation? Where is the 56 million acres of land they are wanting to give back?

There is no suggestion it become a separate nation. Reading the article often helps.

Last month, the US justice and interior departments announced a $1 billion settlement over nearly 56 million acres of Indian land held in trust by Washington but exploited by commercial interests for timber, farming, mining and other uses with little benefit to the tribes.

link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Then we can simply say that all the UN is doing is suggesting, but when the U.S. Government tells other countries what to do, it sounds more like dictating....

link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Who wants to conquer them?

What can not people voice their concerns with islamofascist and communist dictatorships?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What can not people voice their concerns with islamofascist and communist dictatorships?

Are they bothering you? Have they been a threat to your well-being throughout your life time?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

There are other places in the world that needs more attention from that "Useless Narcissistic" organization

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Ah, I think you should take a look at the census, genius. There are over 2 million American Indian enrolled tribal members. Many more people have ancestors or are in tribes that are not federally recognized.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
just more of someones pathetic attempt to pretend as if they are making war upon America.

the Natives own all of the land anyway.

running out of ideas, indeed.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

There are other places in the world that needs more attention from that "Useless Narcissistic" organization

Like the entire UN only does one thing at a time. Again, I think you are demonstrating how little you actually know about the UN with your constant distortions. Every excuse you bring up to support you baseless claims merely illustrates this further. Thanks for the laugh.

Now, actually on the topic, since your concerns about the UN 'dictating' something have been shown to be entirely baseless. Do you agree that the US should honor the treaties they have signed with various tribes?

edit on 4-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You are a racist. How about this: I come give your family and friends small pox, shoot everyone who doesn't get sick that I can, then wipe out your food supply and bring squatters onto your property, then hold a gun to your head and ask you to sign a peace of paper in a language you don't understand. Once you sign, I have a court then say that because you are of ( fill in the blank for your people) ethnic group, then your signature means that I now legally own all of the lands of your people. Then I go and round them up and stick them on a chunk of land that no one wants to use.

Sound like someone made a bad "decision". This is about justice. Its not like the UN is going force the US to give up some of the land ( and not they said some, not all). Its a matter of formally recognizing that we are all living on stolen land.
edit on 5/4/2012 by cowboy762 because: mispelling

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The END GOAL of the United Nations is to ULTIMATELY STRIP AWAY our country's Constitution.

The United States Constitution is a HUGE OBSTACLE to their TWISTED plans.

If you wish to know the real force behind all of the UN nonsense going on in regards to our country, now you know...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
And generally speaking, I would love to see some of you who are so outraged at the idea that the US might owe its Native people something come down to any one of our reservations in this country and run your mouth like you do here. Ranchers didn't invent the phrase "SSS" ( shoot, shovel, and shut up).

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The END GOAL of the United Nations is to ULTIMATELY STRIP AWAY our country's Constitution.

Thought i would never agree on anything he says but that i do and a read of the thread shows just exaclty who is easily "conqueored".

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That seems like a good idea. Thank you for your response.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

A specific group tasked with studying the issue has made a suggestion, which the US is free to ignore or follow.

It's troubling that the UN feels it has the authority to even study the issue. They should focus on the current injustices that are taking place the world over, or at least focus on something that happen after the creation of the UN.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join