It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am a descended from the first colonies. So get the hell out.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Then why did you react so much when I talked about getting water from wells and and having to make our own candles? The one thing about our life which is harder in my view is navigating all the demands for licenses and fees for this and that, and the wild goose chase TPTB have us on all the time. Not a day goes by I don't have to think about something which has to do with the artificial life they created for us with our (grudging) permission.
I will say that I don't want to see our rivers and lakes turn to sludge any more than the next person.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think the UN needs to take their heads from their butts and see how much land the Native Americans have for their own if they wish to live in their ancestral land. Not to mention a lot of us are native American by blood and would be happy to have the UN get the hell out of our land.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by neo96

Really? What? Where are you coming from with this?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by frazzle

I see so much wrong with this post. The natives didn't have wells, they drank straight from pure streams and rivers. Try that today. As for cleanliness, the natives dove right into the water, weather notwithstanding, regularly. The churches, otoh, taught their congregations that taking more than one bath a month was unhealthy and I've heard that the Indians back then claimed they could smell a white man coming long before they ever saw him.

The black plague? Not in America. The plague in America was from small pox soiled blankets the Indians were "given". They had no resistance to this white man's disease and according to George Catlin, who was there at the time, small pox was "the great destroyer of the Indian race". Not superior weaponry or better military tactics.

But their lives couldn't have been further removed from the activities of pioneers and settlers. And now we have kids who sit at their electronic gizmos getting fatter and stupider every day. Indian kids, when in their element, were learning about their environment and how to survive and thrive in it. White kids did that, too. Now the environment has been corrupted, for them and for us. Yeah, we're so much better off.

And finally, the US army, gold miners and settlers shot entire buffalo herds from the platforms of trains and left them to rot in the dirt until there was nothing left for the natives to eat. Okay? Now look at the boycotts and embargoes going on today against our concocted enemies. We haven't changed our mind games or our tactics one iota. And we never minded playing dirty.

Yes I understand that many wish to return to this idea of pristine living, including many environmentalists. If you want to talk about that, do you want to hunt buffalo? Do you want your woman to have her baby by the river as they did then? I posted about pioneers because life was hard for them. I dare you to go out in the wilderness and live like your ancestors. There's plenty of land where I am right now, completely unsettled. This state I am temporarily in has the least amount of population.
Clan of the Cave Bear was also living close to the land and they traveled in packs as nomads and the women collected berries and nuts along the way.
I understand that you are harboring anger at early miners and others. I somehow doubt that you seriously want to hunt buffalo to live and are hankering for moccasins and arrows. If you are well good luck to you.

Yes, you are right the Black Plague was in Europe. Would you like to go back to those times either? That is my point. Life was hard all through the ages. Trying to go back to some pristine way of life will always yield a life without lights or proper sewage or good doctors or whatever. Unless you want a witch doctor to treat you. Your choice man.

Oh yes, and too bad the kids aren't playing with tomahawks?
edit on 5-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

I don't think i've ever seen or met anyone so uneducated or misinformed over the age of 7 ... I would correct you here, but you've been handed your hat time and time again already ...

YOU are the problem .... you and yours ... Not only have you fallen for the greatest trick ever perpetrated on human kind, but you actually believe that it isn't a trick at all ... Somehow you find yourself akin to a system that's been designed to kill you.. Somehow you believe that you played some roll in civilizing the rest of the world when in actuallaty, you woke up one day 'civilized' and took it head on ...

After all, if you beat a dog from the day of its birth, and starve it for days before throwing it a bone, it's grateful for that bone ... If you beat it enough, when it's NOT being beat, it actually thinks that its won ....

you are this dog...

sad...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So it's okay for the US to get involved with other countries and try and tell them how to run there country but the moment other countries try to do it to the US it's blasphemy?

How does the US dare to try and police the world when it has it's own issues on it's own soil?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by neo96

If you are a descendant from any colony then you are an emigrant as opposed to a native people. Glass houses and all...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by Damrod

I refer you to my above post, with a link to a previous thread of mine that will link you to a detailed report from the INSS, your own scholary defence institute, that also disagrees with everything you say..

You've been trumped! Thank you very much

ETA: As you most likely will not read the infomation I have provided,

It clearly states the outlook for the US over the next two decades will be financial collapse, power collapse, and the US will be begging the rest of the world for forgiveness, and global power shifts from the west to the rest.

You gonna argue with the university now to? Because there living in the real world and aren't looking at America through rose tinted glasses? Lolzzz
edit on 5-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Once again. Look before you leap. You did not trump anyone ...

Your link provides extremely minimal information at best. Again, that's a failure. You need to do a lot more research. These are exaggerated articles designed to prompt thinking in world affairs. Advice, stay away from college sites and mainstream media. You going on the basis of bias and partial information.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811

Haha..I'm reaaallllyyy gunna enjoy seeing America fall and crumble in 20 years time. Rember that and hold me to it, because it will happen

Anyway, give the indians some land back!! You selfish gits! They're right in what they say about the white man..WHITE MAN STOOOPID, WHITE MAN DESTRUCTIVE! Jeeze the indians are nice quiet neibors, give em what they deserve, the same can be said for anyone who has taken others landsm

FREE PALESTINE!

You have a lot of room to talk. Since your ancestors are part of the issue in question and your nation couldn't survive a day without the US.

Yes the Britain was part of the issue. That stopped in 1783 when the 13 Colonies gained independence. With independence comes responsibility. You wanted to break away from Britain so you live with the consequences.
The UK couldn't survive a day without theUS? I love people like you with your arrogance. How long has Britain been around? About 3,500 years. How long has the US been around? About 250 years. We did and are doing fine without you thanks

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't see any Native Americans or their descendants asking for their land back.

Just saying.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Would absolutely love to take some of them blue helmets to task if ever seen roaming my neighborhood. Make em learn why they saved America for last.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Facitious response to neo, look at his post.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Haha..I'm reaaallllyyy gunna enjoy seeing America fall and crumble in 20 years time. Rember that and hold me to it, because it will happen

Anyway, give the indians some land back!! You selfish gits! They're right in what they say about the white man..WHITE MAN STOOOPID, WHITE MAN DESTRUCTIVE! Jeeze the indians are nice quiet neibors, give em what they deserve, the same can be said for anyone who has taken others landsm

FREE PALESTINE!

You have a lot of room to talk. Since your ancestors are part of the issue in question and your nation couldn't survive a day without the US.

Yes the Britain was part of the issue. That stopped in 1783 when the 13 Colonies gained independence. With independence comes responsibility. You wanted to break away from Britain so you live with the consequences.
The UK couldn't survive a day without theUS? I love people like you with your arrogance. How long has Britain been around? About 3,500 years. How long has the US been around? About 250 years. We did and are doing fine without you thanks

I wouldn't call being occupied by a foreign empire doing fine. I wouldn't call having your ruler overthrown by a foreign power doing fine (more than once if I remember correctly). I wouldn't call endless domestic and global war doing fine either. And I certainly wouldn't call the royal navy losing to those 13 colonies not once, but twice and then handing over their status as an empire to those very colonies "doing fine".

The whore daughter of the Roman Empire, as it should be rightly called, has not had it so easy. Then again those 13 colonies would have never broken free from England if not for a tyranical inbred King on a power trip.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Jagermeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
I don't see any Native Americans or their descendants asking for their land back.

Just saying.

Well, hold on there a minute.

I will admit, at first, when I started in on this thread I thought the idea was ridiculous, and I didn't
want anything from anybody. But after another member pointed out to me that the UN indeed
does have jurisdiction by signed treaty, I have changed my mind...

I'll take Nashville and Poughkeepsie...and maybe a nice beach-front in Malibu...No, wait...
change that...I'll take Puerto Rico

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Yea, Native Hawaiians didn't fight the take over with every fiber of their being, or completely resent a hula girl being put on the quarter.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That was kinda my point.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister

FREE PALESTINE!

I wouldn't call being occupied by a foreign empire doing fine. I wouldn't call having your ruler overthrown by a foreign power doing fine (more than once if I remember correctly). I wouldn't call endless domestic and global war doing fine either. And I certainly wouldn't call the royal navy losing to those 13 colonies not once, but twice and then handing over their status as an empire to those very colonies "doing fine".

The whore daughter of the Roman Empire, as it should be rightly called, has not had it so easy.

Are you on drugs?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Anyone wanna quote where i said "get the hell out" ?

People read what they want.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

FREE PALESTINE!

The whore daughter of the Roman Empire, as it should be rightly called, has not had it so easy.

Are you on drugs?

Oh do we not know our own history?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

FREE PALESTINE!

Are you on drugs?

Oh do we not know our own history?

I know the history of my country very well thank you. Obviously you don't. But hey, your a Yank so what else should i expect

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join