It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by neo96

I guess the U.N. didn't get the memo? Stone age hunters found America before the Indians. So if anything, the Indians should be giving back the land they have stolen.

yes but they failed to colonize it, guess you didn't get that memo.

Indians didn't colonize it either. They were hunter/gatherers who were always on the move. Guess you didn't read your history with that memo.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

Yes the USA spends more than anybody else on Defence and Military. At the exspence of its own civilians that will all be homeless in 5 years, congratulations you!! Go America!

Ha. Not.

Do some more research my friend and you will find your own scholars have decided your defence budget is unsustainable and will be the main contributer to your economy failing and eventually leading to America failing.

America is no longer the superpower it used to be, those good ol commies will be back with a vengence, and with more money and military might than you could imagine. Why do think America is so hell bent on stopping independant countries like Iran gaining nuclear power? Because the times are changing and they know it! Of course as a nation your all in denial right now, give it ten years and you'll see it all around you.

So much for the war on communism, that was one big fail that now deserves a face palm! Once again LOL
edit on 5-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by VI0811

Lol! I'm not held accountable for what "my ancestors" done. I'm Irish anyway so your barking up the wrong tree.

Again with the whole "England would fall without America" purrrrleeaaasee grow up. England conquered half the world before America existed, and WE created America, so your argument is void
thank you very much,

True, and now you couldn't survive without us. Your economy basically feeds off ours. Not to mention we saved your asses in WWII.
edit on 5-5-2012 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

See my above post to somebody else....If England want to survive, we best cut all ties to America, before you drag us down with you!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by VI0811

See my above post to somebody else....If England want to survive, we best cut all ties to America, before you drag us down with you!

If your talking the economy, you obviously don't know world events. You can explain it to me and sell me on your point.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

imagine for a second that the white folks would have had assimilated with native americans?
yeah, we might not have had a smart phone now, and we would have had our share of wars (although in a slightly different way), but we wouldn't have to worry about the planet spitting us out for trying to destroy it and ourselves

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

I wasn't talking economically, I was talking diplomatically. We don't need to be seen as a supportors of your endeavors, especially regarding your foreign policy.

Economically, we know it goes beyong single governments, although America, instead of trying to ammend its economical downfalls, are just digging their grave deeper. Your spending is unsustanable. Fact.

ETA: For you pulling the WW2 card, 1) America only decided to get involved when they realised they couldn't hide from the war forever. 2) I'm sure it was the Soviets that saved all our butts (wasn't it them that killed like 90% of the Nazis?). 3) WE created America, any hand you had it resolving WW2 can be considered our own investment

Trollollol

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
How did this get so off-topic?

I understand that this is one of those 'heated' topics but we must put aside our emotions and stop bickering/pointing fingers. It solves Nothing!

Majority of this topic seems to stem from 'legalities.' Unfortunately, it seems that the U.S. govt in the past was caught w/ their hand in the cookie jar by not honoring legit legal requirements.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

indeed, the "tu quoque" logical fallacy has a big group of fans over here on ATS.
here's a nice website that lists this and other fallacies
but then again, ATS membership offers no guarantee for the willingness to use mental capacities.
some members are aces imo, very valuable sources of information and great debaters.
other members will be part of an essay I'm writing: the cultural celebration of stupidity.

take care

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
LMFAO. How bout the UK actually give back Hong Kong? South Africa, India or Ireland??

Well were at it lets give back Palestine to the Palestinian people... Africa to the African tribes, And hey lets give the deer and birds there homes back too.

The natives allready have free non taxable land, non-taxable goods, free medicare, free education, free right to fish and hunt. More rights and freedoms than any canadian born white guys i know.

BUt wait a minute, the vikings came here fisrt, so maybe we should give it to Denmark?

Than again they proved Native americans were just chinese people who migrated here 10,000 years ago so why dont we hand over North America to the Chinese??

There are no Stupid questions, just stupid people.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The Uk did give back Hong Kong

Second.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

reply to post by VI0811

I wasn't talking economically, I was talking diplomatically. We don't need to be seen as a supportors of your endeavors, especially regarding your foreign policy.

Economically, we know it goes beyong single governments, although America, instead of trying to ammend its economical downfalls, are just digging their grave deeper. Your spending is unsustanable. Fact.

ETA: For you pulling the WW2 card, 1) America only decided to get involved when they realised they couldn't hide from the war forever. 2) I'm sure it was the Soviets that saved all our butts (wasn't it them that killed like 90% of the Nazis?). 3) WE created America, any hand you had it resolving WW2 can be considered our own investment

Trollollol

Your economic outlook of the US is flawed as is your spelling. Guess intelligence in England is at a all time low. If you need guidance on economics and what is happening in the world today, to you, to the US, Europe, etc. Start with the WTO. Go learn something and get back to me.

As far as your diplomacy. Really ? Every foreign affair we are involved in, England is standing right next to us feeding the pot. Your gun crimes have doubled since you outlawed guns. Classic example of how criminals don't obtain firearms through legal means.

We are off topic, I will say no more on this matter ...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

More space/opportunity to repopulate from their past near annihilation...?
This is about the ONLY thing I could give the UN a nod of "hmm...there is THAT..." for.

edit on 5-5-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

Haha, wondered long it would be untill you pulled me on my spelling! I'm on a blackberry doing my best to have several conversations...Cut me some slack, I try to edit later on!

Now ill read your reply and edit this post in due time

ETA: okay, read your post, absorbed it. My outlook on the American economy is flawed? I got my infomation from the National Defence University (USA) INSS www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suggest all you Americans view that thread, it really will give you a new insight into how your country will fair in the 20 years. I actually do my research
as the your views on my economic view refarding the rest of the world, I haven't actually gave you enough infomation to make that judgement...I said it goes beyong the government, which indeed it does, to the bankers an PTB.

I shall ignor your gun comment and attempt to end this conversation at your advantage.

Sorry be off topic.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Actually...there is a reason I am not going to argue with you..."never argue with an ..............."

It matters little who started what...and yes...we inherited treachery from you (the UK)....thanks for that. Yes....our defense spending is unsustainable...but it doesn't matter at this point...we have stockpiled so much damage....yes...we can kill the world over several times...by ourselves...never mind that MAD stuff....the missiles in question will ever leave the borders of where they are launched....ours will though...

I appreciate (to a point) your own version of "patriotism"...but it is mute....no country or coalition of countries can stand against the USA...with allies or no allies....doesn't matter.

And if you look back and note I said "much to our dismay"....meaning...If we DO have a constitution revolution/civil war....who will come to the aid of the "true" patriots? What country will quietly feed arms to the Liberty Warriors? The Netherlands?...Denmark?.......China?...Germany?...I tell you who.....None...why?...because they are afraid to....and yes...that means you folks too....especially you.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A lot of people saying the word Indian towards Native Americans and/or Native Canadians.

What some people may be ignorant to is the fact that Natives do not like that term and many people consider it racist.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
reply to post by Sinny

Actually...there is a reason I am not going to argue with you..."never argue with an ..............."

It matters little who started what...and yes...we inherited treachery from you (the UK)....thanks for that. Yes....our defense spending is unsustainable...but it doesn't matter at this point...we have stockpiled so much damage....yes...we can kill the world over several times...by ourselves...never mind that MAD stuff....the missiles in question will ever leave the borders of where they are launched....ours will though...

I appreciate (to a point) your own version of "patriotism"...but it is mute....no country or coalition of countries can stand against the USA...with allies or no allies....doesn't matter.

And if you look back and note I said "much to our dismay"....meaning...If we DO have a constitution revolution/civil war....who will come to the aid of the "true" patriots? What country will quietly feed arms to the Liberty Warriors? The Netherlands?...Denmark?.......China?...Germany?...I tell you who.....None...why?...because they are afraid to....and yes...that means you folks too....especially you.

Very well put ..

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That which was taken in conquest however wrong cannot be returned.Do they want us to give back the lands we took from Mexico as well?I think England has a prior claim.How far do you take this?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

I refer you to my above post, with a link to a previous thread of mine that will link you to a detailed report from the INSS, your own scholary defence institute, that also disagrees with everything you say..

You've been trumped! Thank you very much

ETA: As you most likely will not read the infomation I have provided,

It clearly states the outlook for the US over the next two decades will be financial collapse, power collapse, and the US will be begging the rest of the world for forgiveness, and global power shifts from the west to the rest.

You gonna argue with the university now to? Because there living in the real world and aren't looking at America through rose tinted glasses? Lolzzz

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
But it is ok for Israel to continue taking land from Palestinians?

I would have no issue at all giving back land to Native Americans just as soon as the the UN upholds that same standard across the Globe.

I'm pretty sure America is one the main causes for that?

Double check it ... but I believe a lot of America's veto votes are due to Israel.

There you go: www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

America is a major source of issue in the UN Security council, full stop.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join