It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robocalls Linked to Conservative Party Campaigner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
They now have an IP address and a PayPal account that links the conservatives to the "Robocall" scandal that went on during our last election here in Canada. I think this is pretty damning evidence against our current government. Many might say this was a rogue act by a single person, but most Canadians know Stephen Harper runs a pretty tight ship and these orders probably came from somewhere higher up the food chain.

Elections Canada has traced a computer from the Conservative campaign in Guelph, Ont., to the account that paid for robocalls that falsely directed voters to the wrong polling station in the last federal election.

Newly released court documents show investigator Al Mathews traced a PayPal account used to pay for the robocalls to the same IP address as a computer used by Andrew Prescott, the deputy campaign manager in the riding.

Mathews had previously traced the false calls to a phone registered to "Pierre Poutine," which he determined is likely a fake name.

Prescott had an account with Racknine, a company that does robocalling, or voice broadcasting, and which was used by "Pierre Poutine" to make the false calls.

Prescott's account was used to make legitimate calls on behalf of the campaign of Conservative candidate Marty Burke.

Mathews found that both Prescott and "Pierre Poutine" used the same two IP addresses when logging into their accounts with Racknine. On May 2, 2011 — election day — both clients "accessed Racknine within four minutes of each other," using the same IP address, Mathews says in the court document.

www.cbc.ca...

This is another blemish on the already not so clean record of our current government. Stevie is going to have a tough time explaining this one

They can try and use this Prescott character as a scapegoat, but if these allegations are proven true, the whole party is responsible and in my opinion with the current track record these thugs in office are holding they should all be thrown out.

Things are getting interesting in Canada folks!
edit on 4-5-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: edit title

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ya got one of those call telling me to go vote at the wrong place it in one off these thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

In my opinion, this is low on the list of things the current government has done. This almost seems like a distraction meant to keep us focused and to ignore something else.

Parliament hill is polluted with corruption right now.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
k I just gotta say what a JOKE - what a freaking insane joke on the taxpayers, playing our future like filthy juveniles, and whats this now--??

www.thestarphoenix.com...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Thanks for sharing the link

I was unaware of the Saskatchewan connection so this is new to me.

Now we have the Cons refusing to split portions of the budget bill because they crammed it full of non budget related legislation such as environmental and corporate loop holes.

Tories 'afraid' of revealing budget details, NDP says

www.cbc.ca...

Canada has been sold out

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Now they just seem to be convoluting the "evidence", surprise surprise..
Dear Brad is being groomed to take over for stevie.

You should see all the local articles praising him for being so amiable, jovial, witty, while being of course smarts, strong and oh-so powerful.
If it weren't so pathetically obvious, it would be funny.

I have remained non-partisan because I think there's rats in all, but the rats in the skpartee come with built in horns and 3-pronged pitchforks. With the media to fully back them at every turn, its like watching a mini-ottawa ravaging the prairies. Tip of iceberg.

new topics

top topics

join