It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraq War Ruined My Life.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I thought people who are antiwar would be more compassionate than what this and other posts have shown.
Once out of uniform they are people the same as you and I.

Don't forget he is victim too.

There are limits to compassion.

Soldiers sign up to kill or be killed for right or wrong reasons. The history of wars the USA has been in over the last 50 years should have been enough of an indicator of what a soldier could expect. Real honest defense is a secondary consideration at most to whatever imperial goals the USA has at any given moment.

Are U.S. soldiers victims? I suppose, but its only due to their own foolish decisions. Without a draft Iraq war veterans never had to put their lives on the line for any reason.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
what about all the iraqis lives you have changed,ruined
you went there you slaughtered innocents in the name of your government
im glad it ruined youir life instead of looking for pity ,look for forgivreness
you are a weak man who fought for a corrupt country
shame on you and in a just world you should be hung
oh pity me..where was the pity when all bombs were dropping on innocents
is that when you thought oh this iridium might harm us or did you hoot and holler while your own comrades murdered the locals
f@@k you and hopefully it haunts you for the rest of your miserable life
god dammed robot is all you are

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by reclaimed
is that when you thought oh this iridium might harm us or did you hoot and holler while your own comrades murdered the locals

A fine example of why our 'reclamation' processes here in the states need updated, revised and brought current...

:shk:

Was that meant solely for him, as an individual, his branch of service, all US Armed Forces, the entirety of All expeditionary countries & forces involved ... or did it just 'feel good' to get that l'il diddy of your chest. (?)

reclaimed:::: yeah.
ya might want to.:shk:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

i did not reply to a post made by the entire usa armed forces or government
so unless you need a little bit of help and want me to explain what replying to the original poster means as opposed to replying to an entire nation.. please dont put words in my mouth i replied to an individuals post
as an admin you should no better
edit on 5-5-2012 by reclaimed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by reclaimed

Well. Let's see here ... you cast many an unfounded accusation and aspersion upon an Individual ... with no direct connection, correlation nor linkage to their being part and parcel of the same. (?)

Libelous, at that level. (?)

Care to 'reclaim'?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
reply to post by usmc0311

Now this might seem a little insensitive here, but whilst the Iraq war may have ruined your life, do you know how many lives YOU ruined?

That I could not answer. Maybe a few, maybe not. I do know that I did do good things for many people over there. I also know with 100% certainty that I never killed, or wounded, a women, child, or innocent civilian. Actually the most civilians I saw wounded and killed were from enemy IED attacks and enemy ambushes.

My sincere apologies for that idiotic post, it was late and I was tired. War is bad and it affects all those either directly (like you) or indirectly (family and friends). I have never been through war so I have no idea of the experience, but these recent adventures America has gone on has infuriated me. America should not be in Afghanistan, they should not be in Iraq, and I hope to god they (American government) do not start one with Iran, everyone will suffer if that happens.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

i wont reply to you anymore
because you obviously want me to attack so you can ban me
i wont give you that ammo
i stated my thought like it or not i really dont care what you have to say..
im out of this thread
keep trying to put in the little quirky comments and smileys trying to make fun of my name
it just shows what kind of person you are

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by reclaimed

While I agree with you please do not take out your frustration on the OP, I have never supported these wars in the Middle East either but just because an American reveals the suffering they have felt from this war does not give you the right to put all the blame onto him and make him feel guilty for it.

While I feel great sadness for the recent victims of the American Military Complex, ie Panjwai Massacre. Also remember these soldiers are people too, I condemn those guilty of war crimes but there are many like OP who had no idea of what to expect in war.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Often soldiers can be victims themselves, self pity or not. Point is, it is possible he is coming into the 3rd phase of his fight not with the memories of war, but with the human morality that he was programmed with before his war shattered that version of reality.

often people can plan for the worst till they're blue in the face, until they are faced with the worst. Then and only then do they see that things might look good in practice, but they don't always translate the same in reality.

If you can see beyond the perceived pity party and take it for what it is....a man seeking common ground. The mind is scared and he doesn't know how to proceed. Many have fallen by their own wits end due to such uncertainty.

Your message while accurate, dwells into your perceived notion that what he asks is over blown. To him it isn't.

I think that was my point here. Your statement in itself would have put him in a basket with others of the like. Only that each individual that suffers the same fate under different circumstances, even though the symptoms are the same.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have no want, wish for or desire to 'ban' anyone.

WTH!?

I merely noticed your call to demonize an Individual in lieu of the efforts and actions of but a few. (?)

Shall we go line item (?)

an absolute unknown

again. how can you assert that so emphatically (?)

follow your own guidance ... it'll serve you well

seems to me you'll find yourself in a pretty rough spot when you meet your maker and he merely holds up a mirror .... and says nothing. :shk:

good luck.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
i can see if your title was "I'm fortunate to have come back alive from going to war with Iraq"

at least it would show you're grateful for being a surviving soldier, given all the troops who died will trying to kill the most Iraqis while on convoy.

however, the title coming from a Soldier that survived, exemplifies how American soldiers come back with their arrogant lives still blaming a war that their own military they signed up for, waged - and they blindly backed.

So why blame the "Iraq war" and not your own country? why not admit America ruined your life?

remember the 'Iraq war' was based on WMDs that did not exist - except the ones paradoxically used by Americans thru the armed forces including the OP, upon the Iraqi people.

likewise, a soldier claiming the Iraq war ruined their life is actually 'shizoaffectively' stating the.... inverse!

That video was so upsetting thankyou for sharing this.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Marine... I am not a vet. Sorry about the hostility on here. I do want to commend you for coming forward and bearing your soul the way you do. Whenever you post, I pay attention.

If I may, I would like to say that I think very highly of you. Not many people come across so honestly about their experiences. So willing to stand up and relate the truth of what you went thru and how you feel about it. You are not afraid to admit where you might have been wrong and express your sorrow for that. This manifests thru your story as you struggle with the feelings of depression and the physical symptoms of the war. That you came thru and survived and now tell it to the world is about the most noblest thing I think anyone can do. That you question and engage others about it will prove out be the most medicinal thing for your soul, mind and body. People like me learn from that. I am in awe. Thank you for that.

Carry on...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well I know a LOT of people who's lives got ruined because of the Iraq war, but they're not soldiers of the USA, but actual Iraqi people who's relatives, friends died, got killed, or had to leave the country in order to save their lives. Its truly a horror that I will not easily forgive. And yet, a part of me feels sorry for those soldiers who's only fault was to obey the orders given to them by the ones who run their country.

A soldier is a peon no matter how you look at it. They're like the peons on a chess set. They are sent forward, as cannon fodder, and agree to be sent forward as cannon fodder for the sake of their country. This is the same for ALL countries out there. So even if your closest friends have been killed by the armed forces of USA, you can't blame the soldiers directly. You can however blame those who put them there. People like the current POTUS, and those who obey him are on the list of people who SHOULD be blamed. Because it is through their actions that people on both sides have been harmed. Saddam didn't bring his soldiers to attack the USA, it was the other way around.

And perhaps because of the ignorance of those who can't manage to think straight, people blame the soldiers directly. I however chose a much more educated stance and so should everyone else who doesn't want this to happen AGAIN.

As for the OP, I will not sympathize with you since its not my place to do so. I will not thank you for being in the business of killing for your country. I will not support you as a soldier, but I will support you as a human being who deserves compassion because what da hell, we all do.
edit on 5-5-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

This may sound stupid, but have your Vitamin D levels checked.

I have PTSD from multiple tours and was on Zoloft for several years. Eventually, I developed stomach problems. I got tired of the army doctors giving me a run around, so I paid a private lab to test my blood for antinuclear antibodies (autoimmune diesease; test was about $60). I turned up positive.When I mentioned this to my Psychiatrist she had my vitamin D levels tested.

My vitamin D level was a 12. Anything under 30 is cause for concern. Started taking the Vitamin D my shrink prescribed me once a week and have been able to completely quit taking antidepressants. Will always have PTSD, but I feel better than I have in years.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I was there the first time in 1991 and again in 2009; enjoyed it both times.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Thanks for the post. It does give me a little more insight. Your mother must be a strong woman.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I shall take them to heart. And thanks for the support.

Semper Fi.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Sorry, haven't read all through the thread, but have you looked at vet advocate groups?

A buddy did, helped him get the right level of disability. Don't know where you are, but might be a suggestion.

I have, and I hope to learn more when I begin to volunteer at the VA. I think many of us together could cause some good things to happen. Thanks for the reminder though.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo

Thank you for your service, Don't give up brother!!!!

Thanks. I will never give up. My Marine Corps blood will not allow it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I am a former combat veteran and recent Retired US Army.
I do know the crap the VA is putting you though and just about everyone else for .that matter

First thing you need to do is Contact your local or national DAV. Disabled American Veterans. The DAV is your Advocate, They will put the doctor at the VA on the hot seat. The will represent you, most of time they are attorneys, but they never tell you that. It appears your missing out on some benefits as well. The Dav will help you with that also. the DAV is a very strong organization and I can't say enough about them in helping the troops. They can also connect you with other vet help groups you might have never heard about .

The DAV could help you in obtain an MD outside the VA. The VA will pay for it, it;s part of your benefits.Some additional paper work required. You really need to speak to the DAV,
Give them a call. ASAP !

edit on 5-5-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join