It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline boss to refund dying veteran's fare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty cool, the nation rallied behind this guy after the CEO basically called him or his complaint "irrelevant" , Spirit Airlines stock even suffered because of it.
So now, the CEO has promised to refund this mans money out of his own pocket.

I suppose this could be considered a "social issue" so thats where i put it

Source

"Sometimes we make mistakes," Baldanza said. "In my statements regarding Mr. Meekins’ request for a refund, I failed to explain why our policy on refunds makes Spirit Airlines the only affordable choice for so many travelers, and I did not demonstrate the respect or the compassion that I should have, given his medical condition and his service to our country. “Therefore I have decided to personally refund Mr. Meekins’ airfare, and Spirit Airlines will make a $5,000 contribution, in his name, to the charity of his choice, Wounded Warriors." Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I wonder if he himself has served. Could be why he changed his heart and did the decent thing. Not every CEO is evil. I'm glad he did the right thing.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Hmm, no i think his change of heart was a result of corporate pressure, as a result of public pressure. Bu then again, you may be right

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I wonder if he himself has served. Could be why he changed his heart and did the decent thing. Not every CEO is evil. I'm glad he did the right thing.

No..it started to hit the Airline in the pocket....nothing more. If it hadn't been for the mass public outcry, no refund would have been given.

Score:

Internet 1 big outcry for justice for Veteran

Greed: 0 ZERO.......

Des

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

He didn't have a "change of heart".

He wasn't interested in doing the right thing till it was hurting his company and the stocks declined......
His company was loosing money and THEN he decides to "do the right thing".

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hell yea! Now if we as a nation could apply this same pressure towards our politicians, something would get accomplished.

top topics

join