It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with Meditation.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

Originally posted by Kokatsi
After the Gong, I usually do nine sutras from the TM Sidhi collection. If you are interested I can copy a description of the technique here. Also you may try common Hindu mantras like Mahamrityunjaya with shivashaktiyaikya rupinam.
I think the sidhis are the most calming and you can get the technique in one sitting - they are in your native language. Shaivite mantras are good as are Buddhist mantras like those used with Kuji In.

Kokatsi, i am interested in this if you could be ever so kind to post

The TM sidhi sutra tehcnique is simple an effective. I found the original sutras too many for everyday practice.
From www.minet.org (a skeptical organization):

"The TM-Sidhi program is nothing other than a set of sutras (words or phrases), mentally repeated every fifteen seconds after doing a twenty minute session of TM. Each sutra is repeated twice, with a 15 second pause in between each repetition."

I have to add two more important points. One watches how one's breathing changes after each repetition. Images, words, feelings may come up. They are all OK. Including the same phrase - if it is not time for it yet, you disregard it.
The other is that you do not think of the word(s) straight, although that works in the beginning with one syllable sutras (like Sun, Moon). You are supposed to "touch the intention of saying the word or phrase" which is really useful. In a more complex sutra, such as "Difference between rational mind and transcendence" it is really important. There is ONE TOUCH there too. You know what it is, and you could bring it up to your conscious mind if you really wanted to, but that is at a different level. Maharishi aimed at the borderline between waking consciousness and "transcendence". If you are more nervous, just thinking of the words will be a gesture. Sort of like saying one two three four five and bending each finger out: you do it twice and after that you already know which is No. 4 or 5 without having to say it all the way through.

I use the following nine (all of them are listed in the minet website as they were taught:

Sun
Moon
Pole star

Trachea
Bronchial tube
Navel (you can use Dan Tien or Hara too)

Difference between the intellect and Purusha
Transcendence: intuition
Inner light

These all worked for me. In this meditative state I cannot even recall more easily - these are regrouped by threes - three celestial bodies, three body parts, and three philosophical patterns.
If you are uncertain whether it is exactly 15 seconds, don't be. You hit it when you have to - like in martial arts. When I translated Maharishi Mahesh Yogi from Video, he said 15 seconds then he went on to repeat after about eight. The point is nominal discipline in meditation, though initially you may want a subtly ticking clock. It is not worth while to open your eyes to look for in this type of practice that spoils the fun. Also, you might sway slightly, mostly left and right, and sometimes bob your head spontaneously. Sometimes you feel like falling asleep for a second or two. That is OK too.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The "levitation" or "flying" technique, now known as "Yogic Flying," is used in the same way as all other sutras:

"Relationship of body and akasha - lightness of cotton fiber."

This causes twitching and movements and exhilaration. Nothing else in my experience but sometimes I add it to the rest. I definitely do not levitate. It could be a stress resolution symptom.

Sometimes these days I do open eyes Zen for a few minutes after this all - it changes your relationship to the outside world. But that is more awake and you have to hold erect with tongue back on the soft palate, hands in mahamudra. No such restrictions while you do the sidhi sutras.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Meditation is a tool of satan to control the minds and souls.

We need to be really careful of what we open our hearts to.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aids2bones2ghost

I hope this is a joke...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I wonder where you heard this from..

Meditation is the key.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

You may be right. The power called "Satan" is about self-discovery, it is not about any Theocratic religion with parasitical priests and gurus...
Satan simply means "the enemy" in Hebrew. What is it an enemy of?
Well, I am inimical to faith churches that suppress discovery of who you really are and what we can do. I am also inimical of 5th stage Theocracy that comes in TV addiction and gambling. So? Am I Satanic or do I simply believe in freedom coming through self-discovery? (Incidentally that is what Jesus believed in.)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Obvious troll is obvious.

Meditation is about opening your heart to what's INSIDE YOU! The only way you could be right is if you meditated and found out that you yourself are Satan.

Unbelievable.
edit on 23-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Take a look through this site... Lots of info on meditation and other stuff...

reluctant-messenger.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join