It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researcher at infectious disease laboratory in San Francisco dies of rare bacterial infection

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think it's still too early to say he got it at work.

Making assumptions in medicine is always a bad idea. That's why we never try to prove anything, just rule out all other possibilities until you have a good guess.

He's the right age to get it, and if he's like most 25 yr olds he burns the candle at both ends and doesn't get proper sleep.

It's just as possible he got it somewhere else and his job is a coincidence.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
he was working on an unusual strain trying to come up with a vaccine, they determined it is the one he was working on.

his name was richard Din.

A state laboratory has confirmed that the San Francisco worker was infected with the Neisseria meningitidis bacterium, the same germ he had been handling at the laboratory for weeks and months before his death. It also confirmed that the rare strain he and fellow researchers were studying -- Serogroup B -- was the same one found in his body.

sfappeal.com...
www.mercurynews.com...

edit on 5-5-2012 by research100 because: added links

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I wonder if the guy was clumsy. Maybe he was carrying a bunch of test tubes and had himself a bit of a Kramer moment.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Proof that vaccine laboratories are not 100% trustworthy.

VACCINE PIONEER ADMITS ADDING CANCER-CAUSING VIRUS TO VACCINE

I have an obligation to share this with you. There are many problems with vaccines, but when a company like Merck deliberately adds a cancer causing virus to polio vaccines, what does this say about the motives behind something this insane ?

In this interview Dr. Maurice Hilleman reveals some astounding revelations. He admits that Merck drug company vaccines (Polio) had been deliberately contaminated with SV40, a cancer-causing monkey virus from 1953 - 63.

For years, researchers suggested that millions of vials of polio vaccine, contaminated with SV40, infected individuals which caused human tumors, and by 1999, molecular evidence of SV40 infections were showing up in children born after 1982. Some experts now suggest the virus may have remained in the polio vaccine until as late as 1999.

In 2002, the journal Lancet published compelling evidence that contaminated polio vaccine was responsible for up to half of the 55,000 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cases that were occurring each year. And there is the likelihood that there was an importing and spreading of the AIDS virus in the same manner, as revealed in the video.

At first no one could fathom how the virus had been transmitted into the human population, but this shocking video proves that it was deliberately added to the vaccine by Dr. Maurice Hilleman, which was "good science" at that time.

Just Who is Dr. Maurice Hilleman?
Now, for those of you who may think Dr. Hilleman was just another crackpot (he passed away in 2005), think again. He was, and still is, the leading vaccine pioneer in the history of vaccines. He developed more than three dozen vaccines—more than any other scientist in history—and was the developer of Merck's vaccine program.

He was a member of the U.S. National Academy of Science, the Institute of Medicine, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society, and received a special lifetime achievement award from the World Health Organization.

When he was chief of the Department of Respiratory Diseases with what's now the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, he discovered the genetic changes that occur when the influenza virus mutates, known as shift and drift. He was also one of the early vaccine pioneers to warn about the possibility that simian viruses might contaminate vaccines. So Dr. Hilleman knew what he was talking about. And in his own words, "vaccines have to be considered the bargain basement technology for the 20th Century."

CarbonDioxide + Water = Life + Oxygen.

2CO2 + 2H2O = 2CH2 + 3O2

Without adequate CO2 in the atmosphere it is a fact that all plants [our food supply] will suffocate and die. CO2 is vital to all life. The biggest bio terrorists are those who want to reduce the amount of CarbonDioxide CO2 that we produce. No amount of CarbonDioxide will ever cause even the slightest climate change. "Greenhouse" theory is a big lie. "Climate Change" is a big lie. "Global Warming" is a big lie. All so that they can justify the building of more nuclear power stations with the sole intention of getting more plutonium where by with which to build more nuclear weapons. With that in mind we do have to understand the mind of the psychopath. Biological weapons are not only cheaper to produce, but more effective at elliminating the population, without destroying the infrastructures. Biological attack is very much more likely than a nuclear attack. Especially if civilians are the specific target. Thus biological weapons are the weapon of choice for the psychopath bent on depopulation. Also understand that it is our food supply that is under attack. Governments of the world are at war against us the people. History is proof of this ! Our planet is turning into a desert. Not due to lack of water, but due to lack of atmospheric CO2 CarbonDioxide ! As temperatures rise the air is able to hold greater amounts of CO2 and H2O in solution. As temperatures go down that CO2 and H2O rain out. So that it is the temperature that is the driver. CO2 is not the driver. Temperatures are driven by the amount of sunlight getting through to the ground.

Ice Age Now

silentkillersolved

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 6/5/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The bad boys are Bird Flu and Ebola, which both have mortality rates reaching 100 percent.

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but they have mortality rates of 60 and 66%, respectively. Very high, but a far cry from being 100%.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

The bad boys are Bird Flu and Ebola, which both have mortality rates reaching 100 percent.

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but they have mortality rates of 60 and 66%, respectively. Very high, but a far cry from being 100%.

EBOLA is a killer 100%. No one has ever survived it. "Bird Flu" is lethal, but only so lethal to birds. Once infected 100% of birds die of it. If all of these diseases and others are not 100% lethal then please explain how come it is that we are not immortal ?

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

EBOLA is a killer 100%. No one has ever survived it.

The facts say you're wrong about Ebola:

The first outbreak of Ebola (Ebola-Sudan) infected over 284 people, with a mortality rate of 53%. A few months later, the second Ebola virus emerged from Yambuku, Zaire, Ebola-Zaire (EBOZ). EBOZ, with the highest mortality rate of any of the Ebola viruses (88%), infected 318 people.
Source.

There are currently four known strains of Ebola: Zaire, Sudan, Reston and Tai. All cause illness in sub-human primates. Only Ebola Reston does not cause illness in humans. The mortality rate of Ebola victims is between 60% and 90%; with Ebola Sudan at 60% and Ebola Zaire at 90%.
Source.

There have been roughly 1850 recorded cases with over 1200 deaths since ebolavirus was discovered, an average fatality rate of 65%.
Source.

Want me to keep going?

"Bird Flu" is lethal, but only so lethal to birds. Once infected 100% of birds die of it.

The poster I was replying to was clearly talking about these diseases vis a vis their threat to us, not birds. The mortality rate in humans for H5N1 is 60%. Not 100%.

Fact checking, it's what's for dinner!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Your attitude is sick.

Care to explain how bringing facts to the table is sick?

In my opinion your a typical psychopath.

You made the claim that "EBOLA is a killer 100%. No one has ever survived it." I showed, via multiple sources, that the average mortality rate for Ebola, across all of the various strains, is about 66%. You reply with name-calling in the absence of any evidence to back up your claim that "EBOLA is a killer 100%. No one has ever survived it." How does that make me a psychopath?

More importantly, can you provide a legitimate reference that shows that 100% of cases of Ebola result in death? Keep in mind that there's even some evidence to suggest that the average mortality rate for Ebola strains is lower than 66% -- they've found Ebola antibodies in populations that, as far as anyone knows, have never had an Ebola outbreak.

If all of these diseases and others are not 100% lethal then please explain how come it is that we are not immortal ?

You're moving the goalposts. The combined mortality rate for all causes of death is certainly 100%. But that's not what you claimed. You claimed "EBOLA is a killer 100%. No one has ever survived it.", which is demonstrably wrong. I see that you also went back and edited your earlier post to add this question after I had already replied to it.

Honesty and ethics, they're what's for dinner.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I said REACHING 100% and my data comes from pretty reputable sources.

Fatality rates range between 50 – 100%, with most dying of dehydration caused by gastric problems (14). Subtype Ebola-Reston manifests lower levels of pathogenicity in non-human primates and has not been recorded to be infectious in humans; however, sub-clinical symptoms were observed in some people with suspected contact after they developed antibodies against the virus (8).

Link
edit on 6-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Perhaps we have different definitions for the word "reaching", then. I would take it, in this context, to mean "to aggregate or amount to". While there have been isolated cases of 100% mortality outbreaks, they are limited to single person exposures i.e. one person died, therefore the mortality rate was 100%. An overall mortality rate of 66% over the last 35 years seems to be a bit less than "reaching 100%". At least to me.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

My sister died from a strain,similar to this one. It is very rare. No one knows how my sister contracted it,but after talking to doctors,and getting info from the CDC,it happens like 4 times a year,at least the strain my sister had.

Yes,headache,fever,one day,dead the next.

My suggestion? Give a kiss to your kids,and show some love to friends and family,EVERYDAY. You never know when it could be your last.

Edit to add: EVERYONE that was around my sister was given HEAVY doses of antibiotics,very powerful ones,and immediately. They didn't play around with it.

Peace
edit on 6-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Cae, could you be so kind as to take it down a notch? Thank you for bringing this important story to our attention, but this is now a story for all of us to discuss and bring additional info to the table. Calling names is not appropriate, and out of line.

I think this is worthy of close follow-up, but it's unreasonable to yell fire in the building until there are actual flames or smoke. Some people will get truly frightened by your response, although some fear is healthy, acting like we are all going to die is not productive.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Perhaps we have different definitions for the word "reaching", then. I would take it, in this context, to mean "to aggregate or amount to". While there have been isolated cases of 100% mortality outbreaks, they are limited to single person exposures i.e. one person died, therefore the mortality rate was 100%. An overall mortality rate of 66% over the last 35 years seems to be a bit less than "reaching 100%". At least to me.

We all agree with you, but the figures would be 99% lethal if the ANTIBIOTICS were not around to save the day. When I suggest that terrorists are going to deploy a bio weapon we are telling you that the strain of disease that they deploy will have been developed to be completely immune to all known antibiotics. Thus 100% lethal. The terrorists will not waste time deploying any ordinary strain of disease. They are working to create, by Genetic Modification and Selective Breeding, a virulent unstoppable strain of disease pathogen, that will be immune to all known antibiotics, such that to all intents and purposes, the disease will be as good as 100% lethal to anyone coming into contact with it. Thus the importance of quarantine. QUARANTINE is a nasty word according to some people, but it is the only way to prevent the pathogen from killing even more people than it will otherwise. Enforcing a quarantine is going to be a death sentence on all those within the quarantine, but it is the only solution when confronted by such a bio weapon attack. In this age of vaccines and antibiotics we are forgetting how it used to be. Think how many died in the PLAGUES of the DARK AGES ? There were no vaccines or antibiotics to save anyone. That is what we are now increasingly confronted with. Developing an effective vaccine can take months or even years of research. In that amount of time, or less, this entire world could simply get sick and die in the thousands of millions ! This is real. Not the plot for a hollywood scar movie. The movie CONTAGION is an attempt to educate the public before it gets to be the real thing. In my opinion the reality is going to be much worse than the movie. Are you ready for it ? The end of civilization ? The beginning of the new stone age ?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

We all agree with you,

Given that you called my attitude "sick" and said I was a "typical psychopath" because I decided to bring some factual information to the table, you'll pardon me if I'm skeptical about you suddenly claiming to agree with me.

but the figures would be 99% lethal if the ANTIBIOTICS were not around to save the day.

Given that Ebola antibodies have been found in people who weren't even aware that they had contracted the disease and therefore sought no medical treatment (e.g. antibiotics) for it suggests otherwise. I'll be very interested to read your source for this claim once you provide a link to it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by CAELENIUM

This started as a very interesting semi-informative thread... And now you've kind of derailed it yourself.... Just my opinion, it'd be nice to get it back on track. Again, just an honest opinion of an avid thread-reader

Is there any new information on the initial story you posted about?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sorry,but this thread has become over the top SENSATIONALISM,and FEAR MONGERING.

Just calling it for what it is.

Thanks though,for giving ATS the story.

Word to ALL scientists. Careful exposing yourselves to highly contagious materials.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join