It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large orbital object monitored by NASA early today. Any clues??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Early today I was checking out the ISS live broadcast and they were monitoring what seemed to be a large orbital object approaching the space station. Apparently it's a least 1/3 the length of ISS. As long as the SpaceX rocket launch was postponed again, it couldn't be the Dragon. And according to Space Multimedia website, no other vehicle was officially launched by NASA in the last weeks.

www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org...

Perhaps that's just a glitch in the screen... or not!

edit on 5/4/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well I checked around for Asteroid and meteor sightings or listings just to be sure and so far I see that there is supposed to be a meteor shower or something -- spaceweather.com...

I know it may not be the case that it is the alleged object but perhaps something to take into consideration.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
Well I checked around for Asteroid and meteor sightings or listings just to be sure and so far I see that there is supposed to be a meteor shower or something -- spaceweather.com...

I know it may not be the case that it is the alleged object but perhaps something to take into consideration.

If it was a meteor shower that close to the ISS, they would have immediately evacuated the crew to the escape pods. I didn't hear anything in their communication suggesting a threat to the space station.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Plus, by the chart whatever it was, apparently was in the same orbital path of the ISS, what suggests a docking maneuver.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

That's what I thought I was seeing in the second picture where the cylinder(?) was getting rather close and I knew it wouldn't be the same but thought there might be a slight connection or something *Shrugs* I don't know I do not know the answer either and have been searching a bit since last I typed with nothing really to go on.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's a Chinese Lantern and Lens Flare.

Amazing how that cigar boat keeps popping up near the sun, in the sky and now near the ISS. Hmm Hmm We all know it's space debris.

Looks like a UFO to me.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I can't find anything on it. It seems really strange that its in the way. They keep a pretty good eye on everything that maybe even close to their flight path. Sure does seem strange.
I'm gunna keep my eye on this. Please keep us updated.
TXML
ADDED:
What did they say to make you think they were monitoring it? Did they talk about it any?
edit on 4-5-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Looks like something about to dock with the ISS, or maybe being deployed by the ISS?

Could you imagine meeting aliens on the ISS. Our primitive little SS would be like looking at living museum piece probably to a culture capable of inter-solar travel.

Which of the articles in your link can we find these pictures?

edit on 4-5-2012 by poet1b because: add last line

edit on 4-5-2012 by poet1b because: add ?

jra

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you think you're seeing, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary. In you first image, the two images of the ISS are just computer generated models, not actual live images of the station itself.

In your second image which is zoomed in on the blue cross hairs. That's not a physical object in space near the ISS, it's just a part of the computer generated imagery. I'm not sure what it's purpose is exactly, my first guess would be something to do with helping show the ISS's current orientation (X,Y,Z axis). You can see something similar in this computer generated image from Mission control of the space shuttle.

In your third image, the object you highlighted is always there on the orbital path and in groups of three. You can see them more clearly in this image. I have no idea what they are meant to represent though.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by txMEGAlithic
I can't find anything on it. It seems really strange that its in the way. They keep a pretty good eye on everything that maybe even close to their flight path. Sure does seem strange.
I'm gunna keep my eye on this. Please keep us updated.
TXML
ADDED:
What did they say to make you think they were monitoring it? Did they talk about it any?
edit on 4-5-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

To be honest I didn't keep watching the transmission because they put that annoying static-like noise, so I don't have further information.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

I'm not a rookie in NASA transmissions and that blue object is not a marker or something to give them coordinates. That looks like a graphic icon representing some other object being traced. Unfortunately the image kind of sucks in resolution, so it's hard to make further comments.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

link

X-37 space plane maybe? Its been in orbit for ever.

The U.S Air Force’s highly secret unmanned space plane was supposed to stay in space for nine months, but it’s now been there for a year and three days – and no one knows what it’s doing. The experimental craft has been circling Earth at 17,000 miles per hour and was due to land in California in December. However the mission of the X-37B orbital test vehicle was extended – for unknown reasons. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[img]
[/img]

jra

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I'm not a rookie in NASA transmissions and that blue object is not a marker or something to give them coordinates.

Are you sure it's not? Explain it in this image from around the time of the Space shuttles last mission. link

It really looks like it's showing the orientation of the ISS to me.

And Juggernog, the X-37 that is currently in orbit, is orbiting the Earth in a completely different orbital path than the ISS.

Edit to add more:

Every image I find from MCC that shows the CG ISS or Shuttle has those blue markings near it and i'm now 99% certain it's to do with its orientation.
edit on 4-5-2012 by jra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by jra

I'm not a rookie in NASA transmissions and that blue object is not a marker or something to give them coordinates. That looks like a graphic icon representing some other object being traced. Unfortunately the image kind of sucks in resolution, so it's hard to make further comments.

Really?
I guess they were "tracking" the same thing in 2009 when this picture just happened to catch it.

@ jra: The blue marker seems to represent the vertical and horizontal relative to the Earth's surface below the Station. I think the brackets on the orbital path represent sunrise/set on the Station.

edit on 5/4/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Let's see.....this:

.....can only be one thing.

The port warp nacelle that has disconnected from a Constellation Class Federation starship. Appears the main strut is still attached, or that is plasma shooting out of the rupture where the strut broke off:

Maybe there was a tachyon-based wormhole that somehow ripped that nacelle from the ship, and transported it back to our timeline. Hope the crew is OK.

At least the ISS appears to be undamaged. Whew!
edit on Fri 4 May 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Huh... thats weird, its identical. Reflection maybe, or camera artifact?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Or a frame of reference aid included in the attitude display.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's a attitude control marker. You can see it being shown on different screens from different points of view. It's used to establish the ISS's pitch, yall, roll, etc. And those marks, along with the picture of the ISS on those screens is CGI, it's NOT an actual photograph or video, so no, they didn't "capture" anything.

Actual camera and video feeds are on the screens to the left of the one you are looking at.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

Here's a crop of the pertinent screen.

Just about solves this one methinks!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nah! I still say it is a time-travelling warp nacelle....

...anyone who disagrees is probably a Klingon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join