It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife witnesses husbands death via Skype.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Very sad story. Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark was serving over in Afghanistan for Operation Enduring Freedom.

The circumstances of Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark's death Monday were not immediately available.
"We are entrusting the military with investigating and with finding out what happened to Capt. Clark," Bradley Taber-Thomas, Clark's brother-in-law, told The Associated Press.

"Bruce's wife tragically witnessed her husband's death during one of their regular Skype video-chats on Monday," Taber-Thomas said in a prepared statement. "At the time of the incident, the family was hoping for a rescue and miracle, but later learned that it was not to be.

Imagine the shock and horror that must have enveloped his wife as she looked on in absolute horror. There was nothing she could do. That has got to be the most helpless feeling in the world. Taber-Thomas said Clark is survived by his wife and two daughters, age 3 and 9.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Here's a link to the story for you:

www.foxnews.com...

I can't imagine seeing someone I loved die like that before my eyes...a sad story.

My heart goes out to this soldier's wife and daughters.
edit on 4-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I saw this earlier...that has got to suck big time.

"Bruce's wife tragically witnessed her husband's death during one of their regular Skype video-chats on Monday

But 'how' did he die..? If he had a heart attack, that would be traumatic indeed.

If he was murdered, I can't imagine how one gets past that, other than hunt those responsible down and get medieval on their asses, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Sad stuff...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ummm.. What the??

"At the time of the incident, the family was hoping for a rescue and miracle, but later learned that it was not to be.” Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(From op link)

Rescue from what? Miracle where?? What was happening here??? If I didn't know better, I'd say they were describing an American inside a position being over-run. "No Comment" isn't nearly good enough. They better do some explaining! I've followed a couple large battle stories over the years where they've appeared in alternative media and troop accounts.....to see the Pentagon deny it ever happened.

What happened here for a Wife to see such a nightmare...but hope for RESCUE?! Say Huh?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

That's my question. Everyone is going on about "how horrible"...

You don't even know how it happened! If he just keeled over, I am not ashamed to admit I would be rolling on the floor in tears!

I want to know how exactly this happened. Aneurism, heart attache, stroke, asphyxiation, poisoning, what???

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It is always sad to loose someone but..

Cause of death not disclosed ?

OK .. sounds like a manipulation of the media to evoke sympathy for the troops.

So the Federal Fascist Tyranny we call a government is playing us again .

Troops stop enabling this Illegal War of Empire ...

The interests of the corporate plutarchy are Not Ours as a Nation .

ReCall the Troops .

End the Wars of Empire .

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
**********************UPDATE************************
It was NOT combat related. www.elpasotimes.com...

Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark, the 43-year-old Beaumont Army Medical Center nurse who died May 1 in Afghanistan, was not injured during combat, officials said.

A Beaumont spokesman said his death was not a result of enemy attack.
"It wasn't a result of hostile action," said public affairs officer Clarence Davis. "He was not wounded."
Clark, 43, was talking to his wife on Skype at the time of his death, the family said in a prepared statement.

"Bruce's wife tragically witnessed her husband's death during one of their regular Skype video chats," the statement said.

The family had hoped that Clark would be revived by medical personnel, but he died May 1.
"Although the circumstances were unimaginable, Bruce's wife and extended family will be forever thankful that he and his wife were together in his last moments."
edit on 5/4/2012 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
something internal. aneurysm, seizure or stroke etc.. in my opinion.
but they wont know until the autopsy.

thats really sad. I keep praying I never have to witness someone die.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Thank you for returning with the clarification so quickly. Even the fox full text didn't seem to clear up that point in any real way. Medical Rescue sure clears up what happened to the detail I suppose I need to know it. First reports sounded like something I've been half fearing is coming.

My heart breaks for the Wife... If the next President wants to do us all a favor, take office in January and have the troops all paying their taxes from their own homes. All of them. How sad all the way around here.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Although the circumstances were unimaginable

Can they get any more vague?

"Hmm, terrible thing, your husband...those strange circumstances, don't know what to say, how did it - oh right, can't talk about it. Well, hope you recover nicely. Say, any of that cake left?"

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

My first thoughts were of the prisoners they've killed. Remember those videos? I watched them....as I figured I'd be there driving a truck back then. My greatest nightmare for our troops is to hear an American position in Afghanistan has been overrun. Any lonely forward base, for instance.

That didn't happen here....and personally, I figure anything else is a private family thing. Now that I know it was natural or, maybe suicide, I feel like a voyeur looking to see which. Hmm... Poor woman.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
**********************UPDATE************************
It was NOT combat related. www.elpasotimes.com...

Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark, the 43-year-old Beaumont Army Medical Center nurse who died May 1 in Afghanistan, was not injured during combat, officials said.

A Beaumont spokesman said his death was not a result of enemy attack.
"It wasn't a result of hostile action," said public affairs officer Clarence Davis. "He was not wounded."
Clark, 43, was talking to his wife on Skype at the time of his death, the family said in a prepared statement.

"Bruce's wife tragically witnessed her husband's death during one of their regular Skype video chats," the statement said.

The family had hoped that Clark would be revived by medical personnel, but he died May 1.
"Although the circumstances were unimaginable, Bruce's wife and extended family will be forever thankful that he and his wife were together in his last moments."
edit on 5/4/2012 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the update,I was reading this earlier and was a bit confused.I was intially thinking suicide..but now i'm thinking it was probably either a stroke or heart attack.I can't imagine how helpless his wife felt during that time.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Why is this making National News????

It's sad...
People die of natural causes...
Women and men lose spouses due to natural causes daily...
What then is the big deal?
Because she witnessed it on camera?
Men and women witness their spouses dying and in some cases try to preform life saving CPR to only have them die in their hands.
It happens daily!

Why is this story so important right now?
Because he's Military and that makes him better then Alice's husband who died before her due to suspicious environmental poisoning....?

Sorry about your loss....and your loss, and your loss, and your loss and ect...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Why did the one in India that did kill himself on a live video feed for someone online make major news?I believe that was in the last month or two, as well.. Eerily similar to this one, actually..... So, as much as everyone seems to lay in wait to play Gotcha on anything military, there actually has been a similar story to this with a 100% civilian person and non-American at that.

I think it's the unthinkable tragedy of seeing a loved one die on live feed and there being absolutely nothing one can do to stop it or even bring comfort to the dying. I can''t think of many things to tear someone's heart out more than watching a death that way.

I didn't see a think wrong with it being reported, personally. Even if it's a run of the mill heart attack anyone can get, any time. The WAY this happened is still newsworthy, if only for the mind numbing circumstances, IMO.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Army wife watched husband die on Skype, says bullet hole was in closet behind him

Just released.

An Army nurse showed no alarm or discomfort before suddenly collapsing during a Skype video chat with his wife, his family said Sunday. But in a statement released Sunday, his wife said that she saw a bullet hole in a closet behind him.

Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark's family released a statement describing what his wife saw in the video feed recording her husband's death while he was in Afghanistan.

"Clark was suddenly knocked forward," the statement said. "The closet behind him had a bullet hole in it. The other individuals, including a member of the military, who rushed to the home of CPT Clark's wife also saw the hole and agreed it was a bullet hole."

I think it's kind of weird. The Army was just saying how it was not combat related, now they're saying Capt Clark may have been shot?!

Sorry no offense to those who've lost loved ones, but this smells funny.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I was just going to update this thread with exactly what you posted. So now they found a bullet hole in the closet behind him. So it appears that he was shot?

top topics

join